Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaq Barrett staying in Tampa
One of the big fish in the free agency pond tweeted to Josina Anderson that he is staying in Tampa

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Lawson's market is likely between 13-18 as Lions re-sign Okwara for 13m a year. It'll be interesting to keep an eye on some of these other pass rushers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Okay so who else is higher on the list than Lawson for Passrushers? should find out soon if hes going or staying
Reply/Quote
Barrett got 4 years up to $72 million with $36 million guaranteed

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I think somewhere between Barrett and Okwarais where Lawson falls, which I am perfectly fine with.
Reply/Quote
Lawson's injury history scares me to death.
Reply/Quote
Ian Rapoport tweeted that Barret's cap hit is only $5.6M this year. Crazy.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 01:32 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Ian Rapoport tweeted that Barret's cap hit is only $5.6M this year. Crazy.

Yea they are a franchise historically that is cheap in terms of upfront money but they are all in right now to try and maximize Brady's small window.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 01:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lawson's injury history scares me to death.

Same here.  Front load the guaranteed money to be done in 2 yrs, but call Dupree and 
Trey Hendrickson first.  
Reply/Quote
Lawson put together a solid year and played most games last year. That is simply not enough to pay him in my opinion.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Judon got 4 years, $56 million at 14M per year.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 01:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea they are a franchise historically that is cheap in terms of upfront money but they are all in right now to try and maximize Brady's small window.

It is just the opposite if cap hit for a guy guaranteed 36 million for 4 years is only 5.6 million year one.

It means he is getting his 2021 salary and maybe some of 2022 paid upfront in a bonus so it can spread out over later years.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 04:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is just the opposite if cap hit for a guy guaranteed 36 million for 4 years is only 5.6 million year one.

It means he is getting his 2021 salary and maybe some of 2022 paid upfront in a bonus so it can spread out over later years.

No, it's because 18 of it is a signing bonus which is writing a check now that gets spread out over the life of the contract. That isn't usually their MO writing big signing bonus checks from what I heard on a podcast yesterday. A lot isn't guaranteed down the stretch though and that sounds like it' more of a "we will address those issues when they come" in terms of needing to cut bait with him. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 04:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: No, it's because 18 of it is a signing bonus which is writing a check now that gets spread out over the life of the contract. That isn't usually their MO writing big signing bonus checks from what I heard on a podcast yesterday. A lot isn't guaranteed down the stretch though and that sounds like it' more of a "we will address those issues when they come" in terms of needing to cut bait with him. 

Maybe I misread your comment and you were stating they had been cheap in the past.

That may be true, but in this case they are just the opposite. They seem to paying a lot of guys (including Brady) huge signing bonuses spread out over years. The issue becomes for them if Barrett is injured, they are on the hook for the rest of the 36 million guaranteed + the portion of the signing bonus not yet applied to any cap year.

They are leveraging their future in essence, a lot of teams do it. We should do more of it. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote