Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaq Lawson
Shaq Lawson released by the Jets.... wouldn't be bad depth off waivers
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
For a second I thought you meant Carl Lawson.

Yeah Shaq Lawson wouldn't be the worst pickup, good depth and cheap price.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Sure could use him...... can we sign still?
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:33 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Sure could use him...... can we sign still?

Good question, I like our starting 3 guys but good depth behind them in Shaq Lawson could help.

I like how Bailey is playing behind Pratt and Wilson right now though, that is for sure especially in coverage.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 09:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good question, I like our starting 3 guys but good depth behind them in Shaq Lawson could help.

I like how Bailey is playing behind Pratt and Wilson right now though, that is for sure especially in coverage.

I do like how our LB corps has progressed from being a major liability to one of respectable play and promise for the future.  A guy like Shaq Lawson would definitely be good depth, but drafting a player like Nakobe Dean would turn our LB corps from respectable to dominant in a matter of one year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 09:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I do like how our LB corps has progressed from being a major liability to one of respectable play and promise for the future.  A guy like Shaq Lawson would definitely be good depth, but drafting a player like Nakobe Dean would turn our LB corps from respectable to dominant in a matter of one year.

Need to check out Nakobe Dean. Been too high on this ride to really look at the Draft too closely at this time. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 09:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Need to check out Nakobe Dean. Been too high on this ride to really look at the Draft too closely at this time. Rock On

Yeah same here.
Its a nice feeling not already checking out mock drafts, and best prospects, etc. this time of year!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 09:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Need to check out Nakobe Dean. Been too high on this ride to really look at the Draft too closely at this time. Rock On

If you like smart, athletic LBs that can diagnose, cover and lay the wood, then you're going to love watching Nakobe Dean.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Yeah, I like Dean, but he won't be there at 32....
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 03:19 AM)magikod Wrote: Yeah same here.
Its a nice feeling not already checking out mock drafts, and best prospects, etc. this time of year!

Sure is a nice feeling, never had it. Smirk

This time of year I am in the Draft forum dreaming of what picks fit our needs to most.

Hope this goes on for at least a couple more weeks.

(01-28-2022, 09:30 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If you like smart, athletic LBs that can diagnose, cover and lay the wood, then you're going to love watching Nakobe Dean.

That is what I like in my Linebackers.  Rock On

(01-28-2022, 01:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, I like Dean, but he won't be there at 32....

Oh well, that would of meant we won the SB, I could live with that. Cool
Reply/Quote

I bet ravens or Steelers end up with him 
Reply/Quote
I like Dean a lot as well. He reads the play fast and seems very quick.
He may be a little undersized for an NFL linebacker.
Kind of between a safety and LB. May have a problem matching up against NFL TE's

Dean - 6' 225lbs

Logan Wilson 6'2 241 lbs
Germaine Pratt 6'3 245 lbs
Joe Bachie 6'2 236 lbs
Markus Bailey 6'0 236 lbs
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 09:03 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I like Dean a lot as well. He reads the play fast and seems very quick.
He may be a little undersized for an NFL linebacker.
Kind of between a safety and LB. May have a problem matching up against NFL TE's

Dean - 6' 225lbs

Logan Wilson 6'2 241 lbs
Germaine Pratt 6'3 245 lbs
Joe Bachie 6'2 236 lbs
Markus Bailey 6'0 236 lbs

You think he could fall to 32 for the reasons you list? I don't personally care how big a LB is, if they are instinctive, tackle and
cover well that is all that matters especially in the NFL of today where you those big, stack LB's have became ghosts of the past.
Reply/Quote