Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaquem griffin
Who is down with us drafting griffin in the 3rd?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 09:00 PM)livebythe10 Wrote: Who is down with us drafting griffin in the 3rd?

That’s fine, but is that dude seriously AT THE DRAFT? No way he goes before round 3.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 09:12 PM)Takedown Wrote: That’s fine, but is that dude seriously AT THE DRAFT? No way he goes before round 3.
Its been a crazy draft so far.  Maybe he doesn't make it to 3rd, but that is his projection.

I guess it's hard to tell. Look at the Browns picks. They reached hard core. Maybe they take him with their next pick.

And I think he is really there because of his great story. He should be touted for that.
Yet his play on the field is what will make him a 3rd round pick, and a great addition to any team.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 09:12 PM)Takedown Wrote: That’s fine, but is that dude seriously AT THE DRAFT? No way he goes before round 3.

The last few years they've been bringing in players projected throughout the draft to have the on stage photo ops for days 2&3. With a unique circumstance like Griffin's, it makes perfect sense if he's there. He'll be drafted at some point, and it'll be a feel-good kind of moment whichever round he goes in.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 01:05 AM)Ravage Wrote: The last few years they've been bringing in players projected throughout the draft to have the on stage photo ops for days 2&3. With a unique circumstance like Griffin's, it makes perfect sense if he's there. He'll be drafted at some point, and it'll be a feel-good kind of moment whichever round he goes in.

Gotcha that makes sense. Thanks!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:48 PM)livebythe10 Wrote: Its been a crazy draft so far.  Maybe he doesn't make it to 3rd, but that is his projection.

I guess it's hard to tell. Look at the Browns picks. They reached hard core. Maybe they take him with their next pick.

And I think he is really there because of his great story.  He should be touted for that.
Yet his play on the field is what will make him a 3rd round pick, and a great addition to any team.

I agree. I just know if I wasn't for sure even a R3 pick I'd be feeling awkward sitting around. Hopefully someone takes him early. And thanks!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 09:00 PM)livebythe10 Wrote: Who is down with us drafting griffin in the 3rd?

Me 100%, but I believe the Bengals aren't as sold as I am.  Too bad.  Love his "hair on fire" energy that he is all over the field.  Forgetting his impressive story, the kid can flat out play.  I want him very badly.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

He could absolutely go in the second, and he was invited.  The NFL is using his story as an inspiration to those with physical challenges.  I think it took balls to go and be there knowing that he wouldn't likely be drafted.  His story inspires others.  His play inspires me.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He could absolutely go in the second, and he was invited.  The NFL is using his story as an inspiration to those with physical challenges.  I think it took balls to go and be there knowing that he wouldn't likely be drafted.  His story inspires others.  His play inspires me.  

Yeah I agree, hopefully he's drafted sooner than later.

Reply/Quote
3rd round comp or the 4th round pick grab him
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He could absolutely go in the second, and he was invited.  The NFL is using his story as an inspiration to those with physical challenges.  I think it took balls to go and be there knowing that he wouldn't likely be drafted.  His story inspires others.  His play inspires me.  

I remember us grabbing a dude stuck in the green room with the last pick on day 2   was that Brandon Wilson?
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:50 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I remember us grabbing a dude stuck in the green room with the last pick on day 2   was that Brandon Wilson?

Something rings a bell there, you're right. I was thinking Quan Cosby, maybe? ...Actually, an bizarro-world flashback now, considering yesterday's verdict - didn't they have Quan sitting there in the green room in a Cosby sweater?

...To the OP - love the positive energy this guy seems to bring to his team - we're going to miss that sense of urgency with PacMan out for now and Burfict unfortunately missing time too. Maybe this guy could be a spark with a bit more control and focus. I would definitely take him with our 3rd Round Comp pick, but I'm guessing with the buzz around him, he'll go before that. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:05 AM)The Gooney Rule Wrote: Something rings a bell there, you're right. I was thinking Quan Cosby, maybe? ...Actually, an bizarro-world flashback now, considering yesterday's verdict - didn't they have Quan sitting there in the green room in a Cosby sweater?

...To the OP - love the positive energy this guy seems to bring to his team - we're going to miss that sense of urgency with PacMan out for now and Burfict unfortunately missing time too. Maybe this guy could be a spark with a bit more control and focus. I would definitely take him with our 3rd Round Comp pick, but I'm guessing with the buzz around him, he'll go before that. 

Brandon Ghee..... I found it. I think quan was a 7th
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:05 AM)The Gooney Rule Wrote: Something rings a bell there, you're right. I was thinking Quan Cosby, maybe? ...Actually, an bizarro-world flashback now, considering yesterday's verdict - didn't they have Quan sitting there in the green room in a Cosby sweater?

I remember that. He sat back the being interviewed by Bill Cosby forever. I was just thinking damn somebody draft this kid and put him out of his misery lol.

As for griffin being there early. His family gets to soak in the festivities, enjoy comp food and drinks in a great environment and he will have his name called tonight.
Until then I'm sure he and his family are enjoying this once in a lifetime opportunity,   well twice for their family.  Yet still very special to say the least.

I think he will be gone between our 1st and 2nd pick in third round.  We should grab him with our first pick of third round.

Very exciting player who can play linebacker and safety and is very disciplined. He would do great in our system.
Reply/Quote