Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shawn Williams
per Jim O...dislocated elbow further tests needed to see what kind of soft tissue damage (remember Eifert tore the ligaments too). Best case scenario..Oct return

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Good. Cox looks better than him anyway.

...Actually, I feel bad for Williams. I'm just pissed at the performance tonight.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Too bad on Williams.. he had improved last year.. we are thin at safety.. this could be an area of picking of a player cut down the road depending on how bad it is for Williams
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 12:58 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Too bad on Williams.. he had improved last year.. we are thin at safety.. this could be an area of picking of a player cut down the road depending on how bad it is for Williams

I actually think we are fairly deep at safety.

Shaw should step right in
Reply/Quote
Hope he's back soon....Looked like a end of season kind of thing. Wonder if Shaw gets more looks there?

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 01:10 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I actually think we are fairly deep at safety.  

Ikoka has not played yet.. we have one 3rd year player a 2nd year player, two rookies one hurt not yet on field the other a undrafted rookie.... and Shaw  is a corner.. so no we are not deep. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 01:27 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Ikoka has not played yet.. we have one 3rd year player a 2nd year player, two rookies one hurt not yet on field the other a undrafted rookie.... and Shaw  is a corner.. so no we are not deep. 

Shaw has been working at safety for 2 years now.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 01:52 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Shaw has been working at safety for 2 years now.

he has played much more corner so no i don't consider his skilled and versed at safety and again.. we have no depth at that position right now.. Ikoka not going to see the field maybe until opener.. and if Williams is out for a while.. we have very little in experience... a bunch of rookies, 2 year player and a player that floats back and forth in positions...
Reply/Quote
I've been happy with Derron Smith every time I've seen him play. I think he could play safety for us just fine.
Reply/Quote
Where is the depth people speak of????

Clayton Fejedelem - year 2 - (Shown improvement)
George Iloka - year 6 - (Injured, might be back for the opener)
Derron Smith - year 3 - (Who I agree looks good at Safety)
Shawn Williams - year 5 - (Injured)
Brandon Wilson - Rookie (Injured and has to be on the field since being drafted)
Demetrious Cox - Rookie (Listed as DB so perhaps a safety)

Josh Shaw has been playing a lot of slot CB and yes getting some time at safety but is some time at safety enough to be a quality fill in for an injured starter?

Looking at that list, safety is certainly an area of concern. Three healthy safeties is not good.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Pretty sure Cox got released before the game.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 01:10 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I actually think we are fairly deep at safety.  

They have Shaw, Fej, and Derron Smith that can all start.  I didn't want him hurt, but he sure looked bad the play before his injury.  
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 04:37 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Where is the depth people speak of????

Brandon Wilson - Rookie  (Injured and has to be on the field since being drafted)

Josh Shaw has been playing a lot of slot CB and yes getting some time at safety but is some time at safety enough to be a quality fill in for an injured starter?

Looking at that list, safety is certainly an area of concern. Three healthy safeties is not good.

We kinda need Shaw at CB. He might be our 2nd best corner.
Reply/Quote
Jairus Byrd
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 05:45 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Pretty sure Cox got released before the game.

they released S Cedric Thompson not Cox

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'd be happy with Iloka and Smith at safety, except Smith gets injured every other week. We are really deep at d-line and WR, might be time to make a trade for an experienced vet.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 04:37 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Where is the depth people speak of????

Brandon Wilson - Rookie (Injured and has to be on the field since being drafted)

None of those guys are even worthy to lace up Reggie Nelson's cleats. Letting him go after 2015 was beyond stupid.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 01:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: None of those guys are even worthy to lace up Reggie Nelson's cleats.  Letting him go after 2015 was beyond stupid.

Wish we could get him back.

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 01:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: None of those guys are even worthy to lace up Reggie Nelson's cleats.  Letting him go after 2015 was beyond stupid.

Mike Brown - "We gave him a very comparable offer. I can't believe he left! Why would he do that?"
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

(08-20-2017, 01:27 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Wish we could get him back.

(08-20-2017, 01:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Mike Brown - "We gave him a very comparable offer. I can't believe he left! Why would he do that?"

A handful of us "haters" knew it was a dumbass move. Williams was straight dookie last year...now he's hurt....making it even dumber.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote