Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shawn Williams Status?
Anyone know?

I haven't seen anything of him being suspended or even fined by the league.

So is he eligible to play tonight?
Reply/Quote
I'm sure we would've heard if he had been suspended. The only question is if he's starting or not.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
As of today, no suspension. Personally, I don't think he will get one because he missed essentially the whole game on Sunday. With the short week, he should have heard something about a suspension on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. No fine as of yet either, though there are standard fines with those types of penalties, so it may come with the usual late week Fed Ex deliveries.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 02:44 PM)pally Wrote: As of today, no suspension.  Personally, I don't think he will get one because he missed essentially the whole game on Sunday.  With the short week, he should have heard something about a suspension on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.  No fine as of yet either, though there are standard fines with those types of penalties, so it may come with the usual late week Fed Ex deliveries.

I also thought I read he should not have been ejected. They treated a running QB like a QB versus a RB and said it was wrong call. She have been personal foul and no ejection.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 03:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I also thought I read he should not have been ejected. They treated a running QB like a QB versus a RB and said it was wrong call. She have been personal foul and no ejection.

Did you just call Shawn a "She"?? Lol  Seriously, I thought the ejection wasn't correct at the time. Then I thought well maybe because it seemed so blatant at the time, they just decided he was done for the day.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 03:41 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Did you just call Shawn a "She"?? Lol  Seriously, I thought the ejection wasn't correct at the time. Then I thought well maybe because it seemed so blatant at the time, they just decided he was done for the day.

apparently She is the new Short for Should
Reply/Quote
Okay well if Shawn is available as it seems he will be... do you think he and Fej split time? or is back to full time starter status.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 03:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: apparently She is the new Short for Should

Oh I knew what he meant, it just made me chuckle when I read it the first time.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 03:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Okay well if Shawn is available as it seems he will be...  do you think he and Fej  split time? or is back to full time starter status.
I think Shawn will be starting.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 03:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I also thought I read he should not have been ejected. They treated a running QB like a QB versus a RB and said it was wrong call. She have been personal foul and no ejection.

I didn't even think about that Luck being a runner thing. Williams might have thought it to!
Good Post! but it was blatant and I called for him to be ejected also. I was wrong. Thank You for showing me this!

Reply/Quote

A running QB will always be looked at as a running QB and not a RB. I still have no problem with the ejection. I tried looking for an article saying he shouldnt have been ejected and that it was a mistake but couldn't find one. I didn't put in a ton of effort but after a couple good searches there was still nothing. 
Reply/Quote
Shawn will start

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Marv stated in his presser Monday that the league would have to notify him that day of any suspensions due to the short week.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote