Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shawn Williams suspended
In the 2nd QTR Williams deliberately stepped on the calf of Solomon Kindley. No other suspensions were announced stemming from the game. I suspect though the FedEx guy will be delivering quite a few envelopes on Friday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
When you have experienced veterans like Boyd and Williams losing their composure and getting ejected and suspended, I think you can safely say that the HC has officially "lost" the team. Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
And he’s a captain!!! Totally will not miss this guy!!!
Reply/Quote
Bush league. At least Burfict was actually good when he pulled that kind of crap.

Reply/Quote
Was this also a special teams play? Maybe Simmons is sabotaging lol
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 09:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When you have experienced veterans like Boyd and Williams losing their composure and getting ejected and suspended, I think you can safely say that the HC has officially "lost" the team. Mellow

The Bengals have been lost since January 9, 2016, with 1:52 left in the game.
Reply/Quote
As he should have been, total Bush league
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
If they didn't tell us, would we have noticed?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 09:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When you have experienced veterans like Boyd and Williams losing their composure and getting ejected and suspended, I think you can safely say that the HC has officially "lost" the team.   Mellow

When Brian Flores had his star players like Xavien Howard and DeVante Parker losing their composure and being ejected, does that mean we can safely say he's officially lost his team as well?
Reply/Quote
This team is in total meltdown.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 12:15 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: When Brian Flores had his star players like Xavien Howard and DeVante Parker losing their composure and being ejected, does that mean we can safely say he's officially lost his team as well?

People are just using this to fit the agenda of Taylor losing the team.  

I've watched what Shawn got suspended for, and I'm not convinced it was malicious.  I think #66 (who he stepped on) came in late and hit Bates and Shawn didn't appreciate that, so he didn't necessarily watch where he stepped, but it wasn't even comparable to Suh Stomp or anything like that.
Reply/Quote
Shawn Williams has had some dirty plays before IIRC. Every time I am ready to say we should get rid of him he comes back and makes a play that changes my mind but then he disappears again. His contract expires this year and I think he won't be back, which is fine with me.

Funny thing is, if he does go, I never expected Margus Hunt to still be here and Shawn Williams to be gone (they were drafted in the same class).

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 01:26 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Shawn Williams has had some dirty plays before IIRC. Every time I am ready to say we should get rid of him he comes back and makes a play that changes my mind but then he disappears again. His contract expires this year and I think he won't be back, which is fine with me.

Funny thing is, if he does go, I never expected Margus Hunt to still be here and Shawn Williams to be gone (they were drafted in the same class).

That's kinda the nature of a safety that lays the wood.  a la Reggie Nelson.  Most of the time, plays clean but with an edge, and you want that edge.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 12:15 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: When Brian Flores had his star players like Xavien Howard and DeVante Parker losing their composure and being ejected, does that mean we can safely say he's officially lost his team as well?

What are trying to assert here?  Are you hoping that Zac has everything under complete control, and veteran players are just going along with the plan, playing things up for the "big reveal"?

I don't know much about Xavien Howard or DeVante Parker, but I'm not used to seeing guys like Tyler Boyd and Shawn Williams get ejected and suspended.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Rep.

I want Taylor gone as much as anyone, but I remember that time when Whitworth lost his cool against the Raiders and got ejected everyone thought it was awesome.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 02:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rep.

I want Taylor gone as much as anyone, but I remember that time when Whitworth lost his cool against the Raiders and got ejected everyone thought it was awesome.

Myself included.  Never anything wrong with an Offensive Lineman sticking up for his quarterback.  I remember that dirty raiders hit on Palmer and Whitworth just lost it.  
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 03:14 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Myself included.  Never anything wrong with an Offensive Lineman sticking up for his quarterback.  I remember that dirty raiders hit on Palmer and Whitworth just lost it.  

The hit was on Dalton, Palmer was on the other side of the field in a Raiders uniform
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 02:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rep.

Or how about when normally calm AJ Green went off on Jalen Ramsey

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 04:57 PM)pally Wrote: Or how about when normally calm AJ Green went off on Jalen Ramsey

It seemed to me like every one of the issues Sunday were initiated by Dolphin players. The Bengals got ejected for responding. Would you prefer players who just lay down and take the late hits and don't do anything about it? Because that's one way to go, just be everyone else's kicking mat. The other way is to show some fight and show you aren't going to allow it to go on. 
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 10:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It seemed to me like every one of the issues Sunday were initiated by Dolphin players. The Bengals got ejected for responding. Would you prefer players who just lay down and take the late hits and don't do anything about it? Because that's one way to go, just be everyone else's kicking mat. The other way is to show some fight and show you aren't going to allow it to go on. 

That’s quite a homer take. You’re saying their reactions weren’t caused by Mike Thomas?

Reply/Quote