Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shawn Williams to Cards
Bengals safety Shawn Williams is joining the Arizona Cardinals

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Damn, it's looking like Cincy West out there....

Green, Dre K, Shawn Williams

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Best of Luck Shawn Williams....

Ill always remember when you were drafted. (mainly cause i was expecting/wanting Rambo for the jersey) You were the right choice in the end though
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 03:44 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Damn, it's looking like Cincy West out there....

They've always liked them some former Bengals. Boomer, Carson. Gresh, Dennard, come to mind off the top of my head
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 04:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They've always liked them some former Bengals. Boomer, Carson. Gresh, Dennard, come to mind off the top of my head

didnt Frostee go out to AZ too?  
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 04:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Best of Luck Shawn Williams....

Ill always remember when you were drafted.  (mainly cause i was expecting/wanting Rambo   for the jersey)  You were the right choice in the end though

Baccari Rambo; the player everyone wanted simply because of his name. Played a total of 41 games in the NFL and charged with rape back in June

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 04:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: didnt Frostee go out to AZ too?  

Sounds right. I'm sure there's one or two more. I may do a bit og digging

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 04:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They've always liked them some former Bengals. Boomer, Carson. Gresh, Dennard, come to mind off the top of my head

No doubt, they had Andre Smith too.

(03-29-2021, 04:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: didnt Frostee go out to AZ too?  

Yes he did.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 04:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Baccari Rambo; the player everyone wanted simply because of his name. Played a total of 41 games in the NFL and charged with rape back in June

right i said we made the right choice in the end lol...

the name RAMBO   though....
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 03:44 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Damn, it's looking like Cincy West out there....

I got a chuckle when I saw their 2021 free agent list with Mike Nugent, Domata Peko, Jonathan Joseph, and Dre Kirkpatrick all on it.  And then they go and pick up Green and Williams

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 06:28 PM)pally Wrote: I got a chuckle when I saw their 2021 free agent list with Mike Nugent, Domata Peko, Jonathan Joseph, and Dre Kirkpatrick all on it.  And then they go and pick up Green and Williams

Oh hell, I forgot all about Peko and Nuge being there too!

Reply/Quote
Wish Shawn the best, was a good player for us. Underrated in coverage and made some big plays.

Will always remember the pick his rookie year of the Pig that ended up leading to us beating the Stoolers.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 08:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wish Shawn the best, was a good player for us. Underrated in coverage and made some big plays.

Will always remember the pick his rookie year of the Pig that ended up leading to us beating the Stoolers.

He should have been born 5 years sooner.  He developed into a fine big, physical Safety, at a time when the league was toning down physicality on defense.  What a shame..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 09:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He should have been born 5 years sooner.  He developed into a fine big, physical Safety, at a time when the league was toning down physicality on defense.  What a shame..

Yes, the man can hit. He just needs to try and wrap up more and he should continue having a quality career in Zona.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 06:28 PM)pally Wrote: I got a chuckle when I saw their 2021 free agent list with Mike Nugent, Domata Peko, Jonathan Joseph, and Dre Kirkpatrick all on it.  And then they go and pick up Green and Williams

Yeah.... and watch them go deep into the playoffs with what we labeled "Bengal Has-Beens".  Will they do better than us due to coaching, Kyler, or what? Whatever
Reply/Quote
Addition by subtraction. Sorry, but I'm not getting the positive posts in this thread at all. There is a reason he was moved to almost strictly Special Teams. His coverage was awful. TEs still hurt them in 2020 but a lot less because he was removed from the defense as he was consistently two full steps behind the play, same as LB Evans. The INT in his rookie year that Nate mentioned was truly a phenomenal play and gave me hope but it didn't take long to realize the mistake they made by extending Iloka and letting Reggie Nelson walk. Williams was a major downgrade from Nelson and never improved. I'm still shocked he made $5,000,000 last season.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Good luck to Williams. Hope he does well for the Cards.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 08:22 PM)Yogo Wrote: Yeah.... and watch them go deep into the playoffs with what we labeled "Bengal Has-Beens".  Will they do better than us due to coaching, Kyler, or what? Whatever

Did they re-sign Kirkpatrick?
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 12:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Did they re-sign Kirkpatrick?

Hmmmm.....  not sure about Dre signing yet after they got their decent DB replacements, but they got AJ Green and Shawn Williams.  Did Colt McCoy spend some time with us during training camp at one point?
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 06:26 PM)Yogo Wrote: Hmmmm.....  not sure about Dre signing yet after they got their decent DB replacements, but they got AJ Green and Shawn Williams.  Did Colt McCoy spend some time with us during training camp at one point?

Colt  No he was a Brown
Reply/Quote