Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shayne Graham as Simmons's heir apparent?
So Graham wants to be a ST coordinator.. What are the odds he becomes the next Bengals ST coordinator after Simmons finally hangs it up? 
I like Graham. He made a big blunder walking out after flubbing a few kicks, but acknowledges his mistake.. What kind of coach he might become is anyone's guess. Bengals or not I wish him success at it..
https://www.bengals.com/news/graham-s-unlikely-coaching-career-makes-a-stop-at-home
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 01:50 PM)grampahol Wrote: So Graham wants to be a ST coordinator.. What are the odds he becomes the next Bengals ST coordinator after Simmons finally hangs it up? 
I like Graham. He made a big blunder walking out after flubbing a few kicks, but acknowledges his mistake.. What kind of coach he might become is anyone's guess. Bengals or not I wish him success at it..
https://www.bengals.com/news/graham-s-unlikely-coaching-career-makes-a-stop-at-home

well lets put it this way how many former Bengal players have coached for this team in any capacity outside a Training camp internship in the last 20 years?
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 02:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well lets put it this way how many former Bengal players have coached for this team in any capacity outside a Training camp internship in the last 20 years?

20 years?

- Coslet
- LeBeau
- Krumrie
- Ken Anderson
- Ray Horton
- Holman

That's all I got.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 04:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 20 years?

- Coslet
- LeBeau
- Krumrie
- Ken Anderson
- Ray Horton
- Holman

That's all I got.

dang I knew 20 years might catch a few never knew LeBeau played for us.
Reply/Quote
I remember when Graham's foot went south and he started missing easy kicks. Many on the old board acted as if he had never made his first kick as a Bengal.. I can't say I blame him for walking out on reporters that day.. Oh well.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 05:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: dang I knew 20 years might catch a few never knew LeBeau played for us.

LeBeau didn’t play for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 07:14 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: LeBeau didn’t play for the Bengals.

But he did play a head coach of the Bengals on TV! 

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 05:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: dang I knew 20 years might catch a few never knew LeBeau played for us.

No, but Dick Jauron did....er wait...he coached places that weren't here.  Never mind.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 07:14 PM)grampahol Wrote: I remember when Graham's foot went south and he started missing easy kicks. Many on the old board acted as if he had never made his first kick as a Bengal.. I can't say I blame him for walking out on reporters that day.. Oh well.. 

Yep, overnight the fans stopped calling him "Money Graham" and started calling him "Shank"....
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2019, 11:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, overnight the fans stopped calling him "Money Graham" and started calling him "Shank"....

I remember that. LOL I think there was even a thread titled Shank Graham. Then he left shortly after, and Bengalsis (Shayne’s sister) stopped logging onto the forum. Rightfully so, had to be tough reading fan comments shaming her brother.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 07:14 PM)grampahol Wrote: I remember when Graham's foot went south and he started missing easy kicks. Many on the old board acted as if he had never made his first kick as a Bengal.. I can't say I blame him for walking out on reporters that day.. Oh well.. 

He walked out on reporters after the jets playoff game??
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2019, 11:09 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I remember that. LOL I think there was even a thread titled Shank Graham. Then he left shortly after, and Bengalsis (Shayne’s sister) stopped logging onto the forum. Rightfully so, had to be tough reading fan comments shaming her brother.

Her brother shamed himself and she couldn't handle the truth.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

(06-07-2019, 07:14 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: LeBeau didn’t play for the Bengals.

My apologies; I'm not sure WHY I included him lol.

Think I was just naming off a list and included him erroneously, my fault!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
You gotta admit that most football forums don't exactly qualify as definite reality based institutions.. When you see or read fans ripping players who have had stellar careers over one missed play out of an entire career reality sometimes is pretty much shitcanned in exchange for whining.

Reply/Quote