Poll: Thoughts on this?
Great free agency!
I would be ok with this, Would change some though
Hideous free agency
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheikh's Free Agency Mock
I decided to do a sequel to my mock draft and do a free agency mock for you guys! I think these signings/resignings could help our team significantly.

[Image: 102713-NFL-Cincinnati-Bengals-Marvin-Jon...igh.13.jpg]

Resign:

Marvin Jones: 4 YEARs ~ $22M CONTRACT ($5,500,000 Per Year)
Mohamed Sanu: 4 YEARs ~ $14M CONTRACT ($3,500,000 Per Year)
George Iloka: 4 YEARs ~ $22M CONTRACT ($5,500,000 Per Year)
Adam Jones: 2 YEARs ~ $8M CONTRACT ($4,000,000 Per Year)
Vincent Rey: 2 YEARs ~ $6M CONTRACT ($3,000,000 Per Year)

I decided to resign Marvin Jones, Pacman, Iloka, Sanu and Vincent Rey for reasonable prices if I say so for myself. I decided to resign Pacman because I think he is a decent starter although sometimes he needs to control his emotions, he is one of the leaders of this defense. I think I got Iloka for a great price considering he's a great safety for us and I think $5.5m a year is pretty good for him. I also decided not to resign Reggie Nelson, because I thought a I'd draft a safety in 1st or 2nd or have Shawn Williams become the replacement for Reggie although he had a very nice year. I decided to also resign MJ and Sanu because I think it's best we keep those receivers together and I think they all complement each other well.

[Image: damon-harrison-1e5814a7ca850ffb.jpg]
Sign in FA:

Damon Harrrison: 4 YEARs ~ $24M CONTRACT ($6,000,000 Per Year)
Danny Trevathan: 4 YEARs ~  $18M CONTRACT ($4,500,000 Per Year)

Hear me out on this, I decided to jump on a deal with Damon Harrison. I absolutely think Harrison and Atkins can be a monster and scary duo. Harrison is arguably one of the best nose tackles in the game and to get him for around $6M a year, I thought it was a great deal to jump on. Also, we need a replacement for Peko so why not go big and go get one of the best nose tackles in the game to be in the inside and provide the best DT duo in the game. Next, I decided to sign Danny Trevathan for $4.5M a year which is pretty decent considering he'd be an upgrade over many of our current linebackers and we are very weak on linebackers so we could use his help. I think it's a perfect price and he would absolutely help our tackling and make this team better defensively.

Cap Space Remaining after FA: $15.5M Cap Space
Cap Space needed for Draft: $5,000,000
Cap Space after all deductions approximately: $8m

Calculations done from Fanspeak's Manage the Cap
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I'm just wondering if they should extend Eifert's contract now. He could be very expensive hitting free agency next year.

Either that or sign Fleener now for insurance in case they can't keep him and bolster the TE position.

That is unless people think the current TEs are capable. It just seems like a drop off to me.

I suppose they could draft one this year or next.

I know that TE isn't the biggest concern for the upcoming off season but Tyler Eifert will be a hot commodity IMO.

Just thinking ahead.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 12:07 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm just wondering if they should extend Eifert's contract now. He could be very expensive hitting free agency next year.

Either that or sign Fleener now for insurance in case they can't keep him and bolster the TE position.

That is unless people think the current TEs are capable. It just seems like a drop off to me.

I suppose they could draft one this year or next.

I know that TE isn't the biggest concern for the upcoming off season but Tyler Eifert will be a hot commodity IMO.

Just thinking ahead.

I say we wait until next year and see what he does next year, I think we could resign him for around $5-6m a year or just tag him.

Reply/Quote
Thats like 32 mil in contracts using yearly average. I thought that was about everything we have to spend
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 03:39 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Thats like 32 mil in contracts using yearly average. I thought that was about everything we have to spend

We have some more cap space after Hall, Reggie, Andre Smith, etc.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 07:48 PM)milksheikh Wrote: We have some more cap space after Hall, Reggie, Andre Smith, etc.

Spotrac is usually pretty good with this stuff. I even saw Hobson use them as a source a week or so back. They have us with around 30 mil in space and that is factoring in the expired contracts of those players. The one thing they are not factoring in yet is the 2015 rollover. Which looks like it could be around 8 mil. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 08:42 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Spotrac is usually pretty good with this stuff. I even saw Hobson use them as a source a week or so back. They have us with around 30 mil in space and that is factoring in the expired contracts of those players. The one thing they are not factoring in yet is the 2015 rollover. Which looks like it could be around 8 mil. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/

I see, I am going off of Fanspeak's Manage the Cap.

Reply/Quote
I think you are being extremely generous with your contracts.

IF Iloka is as good as people say he is, his contract will be upwards of $7 million per year.

Harrison is also extremely low as he is one of the best DTs in the game.

Marvin Jones is going to get #1 type money. It won't be in the upper level of #1 WRs, but he will be a sought after player in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 11:37 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think you are being extremely generous with your contracts.

IF Iloka is as good as people say he is, his contract will be upwards of $7 million per year.

Marvin Jones is going to get #1 type money.  It won't be in the upper level of #1 WRs, but he will be a sought after player in free agency.

Other than Suh's mega contact the only oversized deal at DT was jacksonville being bad last year. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/51589/309/2015-nfl-free-agents?pg=2

If the run stuffer DT market is what it was last year we can get in on some Snacks for a reasonable number.

I'm hoping MJ and collins busting in TB has made the rest of the league weary of our free agents.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 11:37 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think you are being extremely generous with your contracts.

Marvin Jones is going to get #1 type money.  It won't be in the upper level of #1 WRs, but he will be a sought after player in free agency.

I think $5.5m a year is reasonable for MJ, considering Emmanuel Sanders gets $5m a year and he's one of the top #2 receivers in the game. Golden Tate gets $6m a year, and some others.. I think he will get around $5-7m a year.. no more. 

Iloka gets around $5-6m a year because I do think he is really good but I don't think he should receive Kam Chancellor type which is $7m a year while players like Antoine Bethea and T.J. Ward get around $5-6m per year.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 02:40 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Other than Suh's mega contact the only oversized deal at DT was jacksonville being bad last year. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/51589/309/2015-nfl-free-agents?pg=2

If the run stuffer DT market is what it was last year we can get in on some Snacks for a reasonable number.

I'm hoping MJ and collins busting in TB has made the rest of the league weary of our free agents.

The problem with last year's DT crop is that there was really only 1 guy that was an established stud.

The others all had warts or were older.  There is no way a guy like Harrison gets a lower deal when he is young and on his first contract - it's probably all moot on him anyway, he'll probably get franchised as he is an extremely vital piece of the 3-4 as the NT.  Those guys don't grow on trees.
Reply/Quote
I like it, but here's another name to add to the potential FA list.

[Image: bruce-12.jpg]

I hear he wants to sign with the Falcons, but we should really try to grab Bruce Irvin to play SAM for us. He's still young, and it would free us up in the draft to take Reggie Ragland to play Mike for us in a year or two.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 03:41 PM)Shady Wrote: I like it, but here's another name to add to the potential FA list.

[Image: bruce-12.jpg]

I hear he wants to sign with the Falcons, but we should really try to grab Bruce Irvin to play SAM for us. He's still young, and it would free us up in the draft to take Reggie Ragland to play Mike for us in a year or two.

I doubt he hits free agency but if he does.. That might be interesting..

Reply/Quote