Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Richardson
Sheldon Richardson was released. May be some nice veteran help.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/16/browns-release-sheldon-richardson/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
How old is Richardson again?

I like Maurice Hurst if the Phins don't grab him cause he is young.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How old is Richardson again?

I'd prefer Hurst, too. Richardson is/was a beast, and he'd be a good pickup if we were in a "win now" mode. But we're in year 3 of a rebuild. It's better to go with youth. I'll make an exception for Mike Daniels. He's become my favorite Bengal on the defensive side of the ball. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 11:10 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: I'd prefer Hurst, too. Richardson is/was a beast, and he'd be a good pickup if we were in a "win now" mode. But we're in year 3 of a rebuild. It's better to go with youth. I'll make an exception for Mike Daniels. He's become my favorite Bengal on the defensive side of the ball. 

It's all subjective, but; you like Mike Daniels more than Jesse Bates?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How old is Richardson again?

He is only 30 years old. That is not old.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 11:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He is only 30 years old. That is not old.

He may not be old, but he's had 2 resisting arrest incidents, been suspended for failing a piss test, and while smoking weed was caught street racing with a 12 year old and firearm in the vehicle. The perfect shit storm of Jeremy Hill, Vontaze Burfict, and Pacman (all with considerable baggage) throwing away the last big game we've played in has soured me on the Sheldon Richardson types.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 11:25 PM)jason Wrote: It's all subjective, but; you like Mike Daniels more than Jesse Bates?

Maybe I should have said favorite personality. Have you seen any of his interviews? Mike's a really fun guy. 

Bates is by far the best player on our defense. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 11:56 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Maybe I should have said favorite personality. Have you seen any of his interviews? Mike's a really fun guy. 

Bates is by far the best player on our defense. 

Yeah... Daniels is super likable for sure. Besides he and Bates, I actually like a lot of the guys on defense. Vonn Bell (OSU homer, and I've been aware of him since his high school recruit days) definitely endeared himself to most of us last December. Hubbard, Reader, ADG, and Wilson all seem like pretty good guys as well. They're quiet, humble, and work hard. I wish we had the staff on that side to bring out the best in them.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 12:10 AM)jason Wrote: Yeah... Daniels is super likable for sure. Besides he and Bates, I actually like a lot of the guys on defense. Vonn Bell (OSU homer, and I've been aware of him since his high school recruit days) definitely endeared himself to most of us last December. Hubbard, Reader, ADG, and Wilson all seem like pretty good guys as well. They're quiet, humble, and work hard. I wish we had the staff on that side to bring out the best in them.

I agree. One the most likable Bengals ever was Bobby Williams. His locker room interviews were the best! His smile was super infectious. (Can we say that in the AGE OF COVID?)
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 11:10 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: I'd prefer Hurst, too. Richardson is/was a beast, and he'd be a good pickup if we were in a "win now" mode. But we're in year 3 of a rebuild. It's better to go with youth. I'll make an exception for Mike Daniels. He's become my favorite Bengal on the defensive side of the ball. 

Yeah, prefer Hurst. Still out there too and yeah Mike is a very likeable dude.

(04-16-2021, 11:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He is only 30 years old. That is not old.

Thanks.

(04-16-2021, 11:53 PM)jason Wrote: He may not be old, but he's had 2 resisting arrest incidents, been suspended for failing a piss test, and while smoking weed was caught street racing with a 12 year old and firearm in the vehicle. The perfect shit storm of Jeremy Hill, Vontaze Burfict, and Pacman (all with considerable baggage) throwing away the last big game we've played in has soured me on the Sheldon Richardson types.

But no thanks lol
Reply/Quote
The Bengals may not need a guy like Richardson.
Ogunjobi will be 27 this Summer, so he's entering his prime.
If he does well this offseason, I could see the Bengals throwing a nice contract to him to keep him for an additional 2-3 years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote