Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping/mailing oddity
I bounced a check paying my insurance in full because there was a yearly auto-pay taken out from something else that I was not aware of. If I knew the money was removed, I would have waited until I shifted money to the account or if it was the last day of the due date, I would have just simply paid half of the full amount. They sent me a letter from what is a four or five minute walk away if I walk along the road, a 90 second walk if I cut through the neighborhood. It was sent Tuesday and I got it today on Friday, three days. Not a shock or anything.

Saturday night/Sunday morning, I ordered four vinyl records from a small German label with the cheapest available shipping and I got them yesterday, four days. I live in Alaska.

Three days from around the corner for one letter.
Four days from across the world for a package starting on a Sunday.

I just mentioned that to a friend and he told me that when their computer store that was at a different location, they were side by side neighbors in a mall next to the UPS main office and distribution center in Alaska. They went into UPS to send repaired computers and mostly just parts to customers in various spots in Alaska at least twice a day. For over three years, the manager they would deal with most of the time they were in UPS would still mail their monthly bill to them through the US post office, even though only a wall separated them and they were regular, daily customers.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I kind of bounced my insurance payment recently too.. I was a victim of a scam right after I got out of the hospital and really doped up so..yeah..I fell hook, line and sinker, but my bank covered it and i got it all back, Buuuuut..My debit card was cancelled and replaced with a new one and in the meantime i had forgotten to update my payment info with the insurance company so they cancelled the account (whole life account) and sent me a check for the balance.. Oh well..If I kick the bucket tomorrow my kids are without any money from the old man other than whatever cash I might have on hand and maybe the tools in my shop.. I'm still debating on whether to open a new account. I probably will and name my daughter as the sole beneficiary.. My son? He doesn't talk to me anymore since I told him he's dumber than I thought he was after he moved to Alabama during the worst part of the pandemic when Alabama was on fire from it and he refused to go get a little stick.. Dumbass.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote