Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shocked and dismayed with "gay" remarks on this site
(04-16-2019, 11:57 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: That would be why I mentioned context that would be required to consider it homophobic.

You said "If you consider Facebook masculine", that isn't context to me but rather an interpretation of an inanimate thing that is subjective at best. I meant in terms of the use was in the course of a conversation that gave more clues to a context for the way the term was meant to be perceived, not a more macro view of Facebook as a whole. 

Again, nothing in the given context ,perception of Facebook or otherwise, makes that comment homophobic. If people set out to find deeper meaning in things they will. A person's current mental state while reading something can push them to find meaning that doesn't exist. I worry that a slippery slope like this gives ammunition to the "The world is too PC" crowd. Because there is a sex organ involved people find latitude to make wild interpretations, but you could have said "Facebook can eat S***" and it amounts to basically the same thing. 
So what do we call it if women insult other women by implying they are masculine?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-16-2019, 12:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: Again, nothing in the given context ,perception of Facebook or otherwise, makes that comment homophobic. 

Oral sex is a good thing.  Every man I know loves it.  The only way it could be considered an insult is a suggestion of homosexuality.  

If you disagree then explain why calling someone a "phallus fallater" is an insult.  Why is it when we say something "sucks d***" that means it is bad?
(04-16-2019, 12:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: you could have said "Facebook can eat S***" and it amounts to basically the same thing. 

EVERYONE agrees that "eating shit" is a bad thing.

But the exact opposite is true of "sucking d***".  Every guy I know thinks that is great.  It only becomes an insult because of the suggestion of homosexuality.
(04-16-2019, 12:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oral sex is a good thing.  Every man I know loves it.  The only way it could be considered an insult is a suggestion of homosexuality.  

If you disagree then explain why calling someone a "c***sucker" is an insult.  Why is it when we say something "sucks d***" that means it is bad?

You're off the reservation here a bit, but I'll play. They are used towards women as well, is it homophobic in those cases too?
(04-16-2019, 01:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: EVERYONE agrees that "eating shit" is a bad thing.

But the exact opposite is true of "sucking d***".  Every guy I know thinks that is great.  It only becomes an insult because of the suggestion of homosexuality.

I disagree, the act of performing oral sex has plenty of negative connotations among women. Some simply hate it, others see it as degrading. You aren't saying "Get your D sucked" your discussing the act, and in terms of who is being asked to perform said act they can have different views on it. 
(04-16-2019, 01:06 PM)Au165 Wrote: They are used towards women as well, is it homophobic in those cases too?

Yes.  

The term "n*gger" is still racist even if it is aimed at a white person.  The reason that the word is insulting is what makes it insulting.  If "n*gger" just meant "black person" then no black person would be offended by it.

Why do YOU thing the term "c*cksucker" is considered an insult when most men love to have that happen to them?
Okay, I think we've all seen enough here. Just a reminder that altering words to get around the language filter is a violation of the CoC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23