Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shooter or MoneyMac
(02-01-2022, 01:34 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I actually liked "Legatron" but "Money Mac" seems to be taking root. Everyone seems to be calling him that now...
Hes already a famous legend in his rookie yr. Wow 

That nickname has already been used for years for another kicker who is still in the league.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 01:12 PM)Takedown Wrote: I gotta see where you seen this I'm thirsty for that content lol

https://sports.yahoo.com/bengals-punter-told-rookie-kicker-224654599.html?scrlybrkr=276f96c7
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 01:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: https://sports.yahoo.com/bengals-punter-told-rookie-kicker-224654599.html?scrlybrkr=276f96c7

Thx
Reply/Quote
I didn't initially like Money Mac because I thought it put extreme pressure on McPherson. Like in the game against the Raiders when the announcers said, "With a name like Money Mac (or did they say McMoney), he has to make the kick." If he misses, the attacks would be fearsome. I suspect Clark Harris also might have thought this and said the name Money Mac is whack, it should be Shooter McPherson.

But now I realize the kid thrives under pressure. Doesn't seem to bother him. Heck, he called a playoff win before his 52-yarder. A search online also showed that he signing his name and adding "Money Mac." I think this is the one that he likes.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 01:33 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Well, well. If Evan starts producing Money Mac gear, then Money Mac it is!

Probably trademarked it just to keep other people from producing the merchandise outside authorized NFL gear. Remember, players get a share of sales from the NFL shop. If some yahoo on the street is selling money mac t-shirts, he doesn't get anything from it.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 02:19 PM)Nepa Wrote: I didn't initially like Money Mac because I thought it put extreme pressure on McPherson. Like in the game against the Raiders when the announcers said, "With a name like Money Mac (or did they say McMoney), he has to make the kick." If he misses, the attacks would be fearsome. I suspect Clark Harris also might have thought this and said the name Money Mac is whack, it should be Shooter McPherson.

But now I realize the kid thrives under pressure. Doesn't seem to bother him. Heck, he called a playoff win before his 52-yarder. A search online also showed that he signing his name and adding "Money Mac."  I think this is the one that he likes.

Besides, we already had a kicker with the Money moniker in "Money Graham" which made more sense since it is like Money gram.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 01:25 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Shooter, Clark says so.

How's about MacShooter.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 01:16 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't like Shooter because Shooter McGavin was a jerk that eats pieces of shit for breakfast and lost a golf tournament to an over grown child. :)

And you can count, on me waiting for you in the parking lot.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 01:34 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I actually liked "Legatron" but "Money Mac" seems to be taking root. Everyone seems to be calling him that now...
Hes already a famous legend in his rookie yr. Wow 

Mixon keeps calling him Legatron, that was my favorite too.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 02:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Probably trademarked it just to keep other people from producing the merchandise outside authorized NFL gear. Remember, players get a share of sales from the NFL shop. If some yahoo on the street is selling money mac t-shirts, he doesn't get anything from it.

Yup. And the name Shooter is so generic you know that has a trademark filed in 1000 ways to Sunday. They call him "Shooter" then that is who he is. No poll threads ever needed. 

Although, I stand behind when you are that good, nicknames are small things and you are called by your name. Manning, Brady, Rodgers are just the name. Even for kickers, Vinatieri and Tucker.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 01:15 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm really surprised McDonald's hasn't picked up on it to make McShooter samiches..  It's a natural..  Cool Huber and Harris could get in on the commercials too..  

Make sure to ask for yours with extra 'shooter sauce.'  Mellow  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Evan Almighty
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 03:26 PM)Ravage Wrote: Mixon keeps calling him Legatron, that was my favorite too.

That nickname is already taken by Greg Zuerlein.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 01:03 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think Shooter is the best. The video of Harris and Huber jumping over with finger guns sold me.

Yeah, it is official, it is what the team calls him.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 03:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, it is official, it is what the team calls him.

Well, than what are all these sites selling Money Mac shirts and signed autographed gear.

https://breakingt.com/products/evan-mcpherson-money-mac  
(this one states: "Officially licensed product of the National Football League Players Association.)

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 03:58 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well, than what are all these sites selling Money Mac shirts and signed autographed gear.

(this one states: "Officially licensed product of the National Football League Players Association.)

money mac reminds me a lot of Johhny Manziel he used to do the money sign alot.
Reply/Quote
I think the guy who played Shooter McGavin did a video congratulating Evan.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 01:03 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think Shooter is the best. The video of Harris and Huber jumping over with finger guns sold me.

this right here. the mic'd up of Uzomah and then huber and clark harris doing the finger guns sold it for me.
Reply/Quote
He trademark money mac is what I am hearing
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 03:58 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well, than what are all these sites selling Money Mac shirts and signed autographed gear.

Same site selling a Shooter shirt

https://breakingt.com/collections/cincinnati/products/evan-shooter-mcpherson

Think about them like Cincy Shirts but with a license for all the teams. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote