Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 03:06 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: After Sewell I don’t have a clear cut preference. A case can be made for several different players, here’s my list:

Sewell
Chase
Smith
Parsons
Pitts
Surtain

So, that’s six and we know at least 1 QB is going ahead of us. If the team comes away with any of those players, I will be satisfied.

ive cooled on Parsons unless we go 3-4,  I just think the trade value + these other players are better fits for the team.  I also am not going to be surprised of Cosmi and Slater move into the top 10.  This tackle class is crazy good

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Like I said in the other thread Nixon is getting in top 10 convos now.

Guys are gonna start rising and falling soon because they are about to go under the microscope.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How much pull do you think Joe Burrow has??

If the Bengals can do a top notch job fixing the Oline through FA, I think JB is jumping up and down for Chase...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Nixon and Farley will be added to the list come April.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 03:47 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I just don’t see either of them as top 5 elite talent and we need an injection of that. But, everybody is going to have a different board/opinion, this is just mine.

Fair but we need defense and interior offensive line talent more so than skilled position talent.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I am fine except Pitts, I would look at 2nd tackle or top DE before Pitts
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 03:42 PM)JSR18 Wrote: How much pull do you think Joe Burrow has??

If the Bengals can do a top notch job fixing the Oline through FA, I think JB is jumping up and down for Chase...
More than pull, I think it would make him excited and happy, which a happy franchise quarterback is always important, especially because those two could build something special here.

I also think that Burrow is mature enough to understand the needs of the team and would prefer that we draft offensive linemen if we don't fix it in FA because what good is Chase if he never has time to get him the ball?
(01-08-2021, 04:16 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Agree, that’s why I’m praying Sewell is there because he just fits the needs better. But if Jackson leaves, CB becomes just as high of a priority.

I agree but hopefully we can bring in a FA corner since the signs point to us being active in FA.

I love the play of Alexander, but, yes, we do need more than just him.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 03:06 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: After Sewell I don’t have a clear cut preference. A case can be made for several different players, here’s my list:

Sewell
Chase
Smith
Parsons
Pitts
Surtain

So, that’s six and we know at least 1 QB is going ahead of us. If the team comes away with any of those players, I will be satisfied.

Darrisaw is an acceptable OL there too. I have Darrisaw in the 10-12 range.
Darrisaw would be only if Sewell were gone though and they really wanted OL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 04:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I am fine except Pitts, I would look at 2nd tackle or top DE before Pitts

DL class is pretty weak at the top. There's no one like Chase Young or the Bosas in this class.
On the flip side, Pitts is the best TE prospect probably in the past decade.
TJ Hockenson, who was picked 8th in 2019, had a season-best 49-760-6 stat line in 13 games in college.
Pitts had 43-770-12 line in just 8 games this season. Dude is the best pure pass catching TE entering the draft I recall seeing since I started watching football seriously (2006).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 05:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Darrisaw is an acceptable OL there too. I have Darrisaw in the 10-12 range.
Darrisaw would be only if Sewell were gone though and they really wanted OL.

IMO folks are sleeping on Darrisaw. I think he'll be OL#2 when the draft rolls around and possible OL#1 if Sewell disappoints in workouts. 

As to the OP: I personally think Rousanneau is worth it, but I recognize the concerns. I have seen Kwity Paye mocked as high as 7th. I see Ziggy Ansah as a comp

EDIT: Sporting News latest has him going #4
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-mock-draft-2021-jets-justin-fields-patriots-49ers-dolphins/1830z6jhay942117tmmgymb87m
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 05:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IMO folks are sleeping on Darrisaw. I think he'll be OL#2 when the draft rolls around and possible OL#1 if Sewell disappoints in workouts. 

As to the OP: I personally think Rousanneau is worth it, but I recognize the concerns. I have seen Kwity Paye mocked as high as 7th. I see Ziggy Ansah as a comp

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-mock-draft-2021-jets-justin-fields-patriots-49ers-dolphins/1830z6jhay942117tmmgymb87m

Kwity may have a high ceiling, but I'd be nervous to take a guy in Top 10 whose best season in college was only 6.5 sacks as an edge rusher.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Sewell
Chase
Smith
Parsons
Pitts
Surtain

EDIT: Feel free to post your list of favorites for pick 5.

Ecstatic with....

1.Sewell
2.Chase

Happy with...

3.Pitts
4.Smith

Good with.. 

5.Surtain
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 05:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Kwity may have a high ceiling, but I'd be nervous to take a guy in Top 10 whose best season in college was only 6.5 sacks as an edge rusher.

That;s why the JPP and Ansah comps are used.JPP's best year in D1 was 6.5 and Ziggy was 4.5. Folks see the combination of power and size. Watch what happens in the combine when Kwity runs in the 4.5s
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 05:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That;s why the JPP and Ansah comps are used.JPP's best year in D1 was 6.5 and Ziggy was 4.5. Folks see the combination of power and size. Watch what happens in the combine when Kwity runs in the 4.5s

Ahh ok.
JPP was taken 15th in 2010 though, and he's actually been a better pass rusher in his career compared to Ansah, who was taken 5th in 2013.
I feel Ansah was probably a reach TBH, as he's not really been a consistent dominator. He's had a couple great seasons and a couple more good seasons though.
I'd still personally have Kwity Paye in the 10-15 range at best, but I can see why some team may want to take the gamble. I just like to have more proven guys if I'm picking Top 10.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Sewell is the preference but I think he is unlikely to be there. I lean toward Pitts. Would be quite a weapon to add.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 05:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IMO folks are sleeping on Darrisaw. I think he'll be OL#2 when the draft rolls around and possible OL#1 if Sewell disappoints in workouts. 

I agree that paye is the better prospect, but you better trading down to get him.  I dunno if he's a top 5 guy.  A case could be made for top 10 tho

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 05:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: DL class is pretty weak at the top. There's no one like Chase Young or the Bosas in this class.
On the flip side, Pitts is the best TE prospect probably in the past decade.
TJ Hockenson, who was picked 8th in 2019, had a season-best 49-760-6 stat line in 13 games in college.
Pitts had 43-770-12 line in just 8 games this season. Dude is the best pure pass catching TE entering the draft I recall seeing since I started watching football seriously (2006).

Numbers in College are  crazy.. we all know that..does not mean that person is  better than past players .  my point is less his talent and more need... at #5  a speed WR, LB, 2nd Oline and DE is more important there are DEs and 2nd linemen mentioned in top 10.. i also see draft projections that have Pitts outside top 10 .  We can get a good TE in 2/3 and Pitts barely blocked at Florida so how good will he even be there so we going to pick a situation player at 5th pick
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 06:06 PM)Okeana Wrote: I agree that paye is the better prospect, but you better trading down to get him.  I dunno if he's a top 5 guy.  A case could be made for top 10 tho

what does a few spots really mean when you compare it to need.. and we have no guarantee how any player is actually going to perform in the NFL to their draft pick so would you rather guess right on a player of need over a best position player you don't have as high as the need
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 07:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Numbers in College are  crazy.. we all know that..does not mean that person is  better than past players .  my point is less his talent and more need... at #5  a speed WR, LB, 2nd Oline and DE is more important there are DEs and 2nd linemen mentioned in top 10.. i also see draft projections that have Pitts outside top 10 .  We can get a good TE in 2/3  and  Pitts  barely blocked at Florida so how good will he even be there so we going to pick a situation player at 5th pick

A couple things...

1) I understand what you are getting at but you should not draft for pure need at 5 overall. If you re-sign Lawson and upgrade the OL in FA as has been mentioned by Paul Dehner Jr just within the past week, you'd have your starters set. As such, you'd only be drafting a rotational player or a player to take over in a year or two. Pitts would (or should) be an immediate TE1 and see a lot of snaps in any offense.
2) A player with the talent of Pitts is someone you cater the offense toward. If Taylor is not willing to incorporate his offense to use a TE more as a pass catcher, that's his loss. The expectation would be you would (or should) use Pitts essentially as a third WR. You can keep Sample on the field too for blocking.
3) Pitts has blocked before, he just hasn't done it heavily.
4) Travis Kelce had 2nd most receiving yards in entire league...WRs included. Wouldn’t you want a guy like Kelce?

We are going to have to agree to disagree because you aren't changing my mind, and I guess I'm not changing yours.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote