Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(01-10-2021, 05:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: It can make a huge difference or very little depending on the draft class and how the picks fall.  If there are 5 elite prospects in the draft class and you move from 5 to 8, you will probably get a significantly worse player.  If the top 8 are graded closely, then you won't.  You compound this effect when you're drafting based on need and not using bpa.  These weren't in the top 10, but examples involving the Bengals including missing out on Ragnow and winding up with Price, missing DeCastro and getting Zeitler, and missing on Stephen Jackson for Chris Perry.

Just an FYI< they traded back and could have had Decastro (but they said they had Zeitler rated higher), but screwed up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2021, 02:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Never did give my list.

1. Sewell
2. Chase
3. Pitts
4. Surtain

5. Slater/Darrisaw

That 5th spot is tough for me right now. Who would people prefer out of those two if we’re dead set on a OT and Sewell is gone?

Ok I’m revising my 5. Smith has to be included.

1. Sewell
2. Chase (giving him the edge due to his build and his chemistry with Burrow)
3. Pitts
4. Surtain
5. Smith

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 11:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ok I’m revising my 5. Smith has to be included.

1. Sewell
2. Chase (giving him the edge due to his build and his chemistry with Burrow)
3. Smith
4. Pitts
5. Surtain

I didn't have Surtain in my top 5 but he had a good game last night. i only saw him get "beat" once and cannot be sure it wasn't because of design. You hardly heard his or Olave's name mentioned last night. Now Smith and Shawn Wade....
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Why do I have this feeling that the first 4 picks will be Lawrence, Sewell, Smith, and Chase. We would be looking at Surtain, Parsons, Pitts, and Slater,
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 12:38 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Why do I have this feeling that the first 4 picks will be Lawrence, Sewell, Smith, and Chase. We would be looking at Surtain, Parsons, Pitts, and Slater,

In that scenario hopefully someone wants to trade with us for Wilson, otherwise I’m taking Pitts or Surtain.

Reply/Quote
Without FA or trades, here is my gut for first 4

Lawrence, Sewell, Smith/Chase, Parsons, that will leave us with either Smith/Chase, Pitts, Slater or trade back if a team wants to jump into 5 for a QB
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 03:06 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Well this thread went completely off the rails and not even close to what is was supposed to be about, so deleting my post and mods feel free to delete.

I would say:

Sewell
Chase
Trade back, and I only take the trade back if one of the two aren't available or I'm offered a haul because some team wants Sewell. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 12:38 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Why do I have this feeling that the first 4 picks will be Lawrence, Sewell, Smith, and Chase.   We would be looking at Surtain, Parsons, Pitts, and Slater,

Worst thing that can happen.  If it does we can only hope for a good offer to trade back. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 02:32 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would say:

Sewell
Chase
Trade back, and I only take the trade back if one of the two aren't available or I'm offered a haul because some team wants Sewell. 

Yes this.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 12:38 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Why do I have this feeling that the first 4 picks will be Lawrence, Sewell, Smith, and Chase.   We would be looking at Surtain, Parsons, Pitts, and Slater,

So we should be disappointed getting a the #1 LB in Parsons who is a stud or the consensus #1 CB or Pitts who some are raving is the best BPA at #5 ?  Slater would be the only reach pick.. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 07:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So we should be disappointed getting a the #1 LB in Parsons who is a stud or the consensus #1 CB or Pitts who some are raving is the best BPA at #5 ?  Slater would be the only reach pick.. 

Absolutely none of those players are reached at 5. I’m weary of Surtain though.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 07:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So we should be disappointed getting a the #1 LB in Parsons who is a stud or the consensus #1 CB or Pitts who some are raving is the best BPA at #5 ?  Slater would be the only reach pick.. 

I tend to toss Parsons out in this scenario.  Not that I dislike him.  Under that scenario i'd prefer Pitts or Surtain with Slater the third choice.  I'm not in favor of trading down.  
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 04:10 PM)yang Wrote: Worst thing that can happen.  If it does we can only hope for a good offer to trade back. 

The possibility of both Sewell and Chase both being gone by pick 5 is real, and this worries me.
The obvious but challenging part of a trade bask, is we need a trade partner, and if that isn't there, the Bengals will be stuck reaching...

I know I shouldn't dwell on the past, but I find myself thinking back to the Texans game, when I realize there a chance we miss on both Sewell and Chase.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 02:44 PM)DesertBengal Wrote: The possibility of both Sewell and Chase both being gone by pick 5 is real, and this worries me.
The obvious but challenging part of a trade bask, is we need a trade partner, and if that isn't there, the Bengals will be stuck reaching...

I know I shouldn't dwell on the past, but I find myself thinking back to the Texans game, when I realize there a chance we miss on both Sewell and Chase.

They won’t reach for a guy at 5. It might not be chase or the best LT prospect , but there are enough players that they really can’t reach at that pick this year.
Reply/Quote