Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shotgun saves the day

The Bengals offense was a mess. It looked like 2 playbooks Frankensteined together. They were predictable. They couldn't run or pass.

Now, they run nearly exclusively shotgun plays and its been awesome!
Reply/Quote
Glad to see they have an identity.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
The change has been inarguably productive and positive.

Well done coaching staff
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 10:53 PM)Whacked Wrote: The change has been inarguably productive and positive.

Well done coaching staff

I agree. I wonder how much credit Taylor will get? Hmmmmm
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 10:53 PM)Whacked Wrote: The change has been inarguably productive and positive.

Well done coaching staff

It’s way safer and easier on your o line to hunt for the underneath shit for the majority the take your safe deep shots whenever you catch them guarding Chase 1 on 1, than it is to hunt for deep shit first then look under second
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 10:43 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Glad to see they have an identity.

Yup, and it's slinging the pill all over the yard.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When they go to zero personnel with Hurst and Mixon as wide outs good luck with that.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
The con is they pass way more than they run, so teams with a good pass rush may get home. But they do a bunch or short, quick passes that work to offset that.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 10:56 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I agree. I wonder how much credit Taylor will get? Hmmmmm

The NFL is way more matchup based than fans like to admit. What works against one team, fails against another.

But, the past 2 weeks the offense sure was zinging!
Reply/Quote
Bengals are back baby! Who Dey
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
A shotgun can often save the day.

[Image: they-live1988-roddy-piper.gif]

Reply/Quote
Very Brady like
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Hmm, it’s almost like someone made a thread about how we should use shotgun more 2 weeks ago…
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 01:05 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Hmm, it’s almost like someone made a thread about how we should use shotgun more 2 weeks ago…

And then self-topped it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 11:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A shotgun can often save the day.

[Image: they-live1988-roddy-piper.gif]

Any time this movie is referenced with a quote or GIF, it yields rep from me.

"I am here to chew bubble gum and kick ass....and I'm all out of bubble gum".  Classic
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 03:10 AM)michaelsean Wrote: And then self-topped it.

What does self top mean?

Edit: All I'm getting on google is some nice looking tops for girls.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 09:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Any time this movie is referenced with a quote or GIF, it yields rep from me.

"I am here to chew bubble gum and kick ass....and I'm all out of bubble gum".  Classic

It’s so damn good. The fight in the alley is one of the best ever put on screen.

I actually just met Keith David at the Horrorhound convention in Sharonville last month. Got him to sign my The Thing poster (another John Carpenter classic). Nice guy.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 09:22 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: What does self top mean?

I don't think it's an official term.  Topped your own thread.  Brought your own thread to the top.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 09:22 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: What does self top mean?

(10-24-2022, 09:33 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think it's an official term.  Topped your own thread.  Brought your own thread to the top.

Oh that makes sense. I was a little surprised that another thread about how we are using shotgun 88% of the time was started instead of just posting that in my thread about how we 'should' use shotgun 90% of the time. Why do we need more than one thread on the same topic?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 09:33 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think it's an official term.  Topped your own thread.  Brought your own thread to the top.

He patted himself on the back.  Who Dey But, he was basically right.
Reply/Quote