Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shotgun saves the day
It's great what they are doing. Short yardage runs are still an issue though. If Joe doesn't sneak it, we generally fail.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Many of the WR screens, quick outs, shovel passes, etc. are basically just extensions of the run game.

Hey it's working ride it until it gets stopped.
Reply/Quote
Looking at our schedule. The Browns are struggling. The Panthers despite beating the Bucs are struggling.

Neither of those defenses should really challenge us. Maybe Garrett and Clowney somewhat do.

Then, the Steelers/Titans/Chiefs. IF the Steelers have Watt...that could be a tough game.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 10:56 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I agree. I wonder how much credit Taylor will get? Hmmmmm

Are you kidding? We had over 30 points and an 18 point lead in the 3rd quarter. I checked in to the GD thread just to see how it was going because we obviously started fast. People were still basically calling Zac an imbecile. They have an agenda and won't let winning get in the way of it 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 09:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Are you kidding? We had over 30 points and an 18 point lead in the 3rd quarter. I checked in to the GD thread just to see how it was going because we obviously started fast. People were still basically calling Zac an imbecile. They have an agenda and won't let winning get in the way of it 

Yeah some people just don’t know how to handle having a good team. I think they subconsciously want to go back to the Bungles days so they have to attack the coach who got us from garbage to a SB in 3 years.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 09:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Are you kidding? We had over 30 points and an 18 point lead in the 3rd quarter. I checked in to the GD thread just to see how it was going because we obviously started fast. People were still basically calling Zac an imbecile. They have an agenda and won't let winning get in the way of it 

Yeah, I checked in as well and thought it was pitiful to see the complaining. We had a good group of us on Discord chatting live and it was a fantastic experience. As long as the Discord is available, I won't be going into the GD threads anymore. 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 10:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:
The Bengals offense was a mess. It looked like 2 playbooks Frankensteined together. They were predictable. They couldn't run or pass.

Now, they run nearly exclusively shotgun plays and its been awesome!

I seriously don't want to see anymore of that "Put Joe under center", nonsense.
Reply/Quote
I'm confused. I thought that snapping from SG too much WAS the problem and defenses could tell our plays because of it? Seems some online real football vets said that and we should run more from under center for a mix of formation looks? It does seem that now JB is faking hand-offs and PA much better than he was earlier in the season. Hey, whatever works I'm all for it. The O line is giving Joe time and that is key.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 09:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s so damn good. The fight in the alley is one of the best ever put on screen.

I actually just met Keith David at the Horrorhound convention in Sharonville last month. Got him to sign my The Thing poster (another John Carpenter classic). Nice guy.

Cool!

That fight was the most realistic street fight.  Not every punch will land and there are no rules.  Loved that movie.  Surprised it hasn't been re-made like everything else.  Glad, as well. 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 10:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Now, they run nearly exclusively shotgun plays and its been awesome!

I like to keep these handy... for Close encounters
Reply/Quote