Poll: Should the Bengals build a new covered stadium?
This poll is closed.
Yes, much more comfortable
36.17%
17 36.17%
No, we're not wimps
63.83%
30 63.83%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoukd Bengals Build New Covered Stadium?
No way open air stadiums are the way to go... It doesn't get extremely hot here and we don't get a ton of snow.

If your too weak to be out in mother nature watch from your couch
Reply/Quote
Football is meant to be played in the elements...

Plus PBS isn't that old. This building stadiums every 20 years stuff on the taxpayers dime is nonsense.
Reply/Quote
No thanks. I went to games up in the old Pontiac Silver Dome when I was kid and it was boring. Till this day, can't say I enjoy watching games played indoors on TV. You can have other events played in the stadium without it being covered, it happens all the time. My understanding is the Bengals don't want anything but a few outside football games played at PBS.
Reply/Quote
No thanks.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Everybody whines about paying for the fairly new Chevy we have, so now we want to buy a Ferrari? I can see the opportunity to host other events, and somebody would have to do some serious number crunching to determine if it's feasible, but on the surface it seems unrealistic. My favorite point of the dome would be eliminating the annual threads on the freakin practice bubble! If it ever were to happen, plan on paying for it in the ticket prices as well. I have to think there is some way to put a roof on the one we have, but that would be a job for an engineering expert. Probably more something to dream about than something that will ever come to fruition.
Reply/Quote
Sure, as long as I dont have to pay for it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Nothing wrong with the stadium they have.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I still think they should replace US Bank arena with something that can hold a football field. Not saying the Bengals move there initially, but when the lease expires in 2026. This needs to be a venue that makes Cincy great.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
No thanks.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals need a covered practice facility before they need a covered stadium.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 11:21 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Maybe split the cost?

Omfg! Classic. LOL!

ALL TIME FUNNIEST POST ON THESE BOARDS!
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 08:21 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: You know they are talking about replacing US Bank arena with a new venue. Why not make it accessible for football and other events? We could build an awesome stadium right next to GABP. Don't be surprised if Mike Brown thinks the same thing.

This would actually make some sense, but what would happen to the current PBS?  

It isn't really old enough to tear down. Use it for the offices and practice?  Also, I don't know where the money would come from to build a new stadium, even one that is a partnership.  I mean, a dome stadium would probably come in close to a billion dollars.  

Groan. 
Reply/Quote
What they should do is team up Cincinnati FC and remodel Paul Brown Stadium. They should also consider building restaurants, store fronts and hotels around the stadium to get more visitors around the year. As far as us Bank goes yes they should redo it but I doubt they do because of lack of an NHL or NBA team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 09:28 AM)grampahol Wrote: I kind of doubt it'll happen, but I've been wrong before. Yeah, I know..me WRONG EVER? Shocking, huh?
From a purely comfort standpoint I'd love to see it because my old ass is never EVER going to pay money to sit in the freezing cold even if they were giving away free sex with the cheerleaders.. and who would want sloppy 20,000s anyway?  
When the temperature dips below even 40 I'm done.. 
Of course I'm not a good barometer of who might buy a ticket being I've never bought one in my life except for one baseball game and they lost. 
I live out of town anyway and I'm strictly a TV fan so as far as I'm concerned they could play on the moon and it wouldn't change how I'd view games.. 
The one thing a lot of people just simply fail to realize is that these sports are owned and operated by private individuals and organizations so the profit stays among the ownership. With this in mind I'm opposed to tax dollars funding private enterprises that really only benefit a handful of billionaires.. They want a super exclusive comfy spot to watch a game that is only used 8 times a year? Let them pay for it out of their own pockets. Unless they plan to let the general public, including people who have no interest in football come and enjoy the benefits and comfort of stadiums then don't ask the public to pay for it. Still don't matter..I'm not a resident of the city nor the county.. I do have a tiny bit of skin in the game here in Columbia SC with the new stadium for the Mets A ball stadium, but it's about .0000000000001% if that..

Hey Mr. hol, in some ways I'm very much like you.  I too live outside of Ohio and am really a TV fan anymore.  I bought tickets to two Bengals games in my life; one when I lived in Ohio.  I just want to say this, maybe it would be controversial on this board, but here it is.  If the Bengals leave Cincinnati, I would view that as a "get out of jail free" card to myself, and it would mean the end of my Bengals fandom.  Even though I don't live in OH, that is one of the links to the Bengals for me still.  If that changes, I know fans who live in and around Cincy would be devastated (at least some), but it would be like a big old weight lifted off my shoulders.  And I wouldn't feel one iota of guilt at that point to cherry pick which team I wanted to follow ( or give up on the NFL altogether). 
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 02:58 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Hey Mr. hol, in some ways I'm very much like you.  I too live outside of Ohio and am really a TV fan anymore.  I bought tickets to two Bengals games in my life, one when I lived in Ohio.  I just want to say this, maybe it would be controversial on this board, but here it is.  If the Bengals leave Cincinnati, I would view that as a "get out of jail free" card to myself, and it would mean the end of my Bengals fandom.  Even though I don't live in OH, that is one of the links to the Bengals for me still.  If that changes, I know fans who live in and around Cincy would be devastated (at least some), but it would be like a big old weight lifted off my shoulders.  And I wouldn't feel one iota of guilt at that point to cherry pick which team I wanted to follow ( or give up on the NFL altogether). 

It would be interesting to see what the majority of fans around Cincy would choose. I would expect the two most popular options would be the Colts (closest to Cincy) or Browns (still in the same state). Titans may also be considered for those fans in Kentucky such that Titans may be closer to them than Indy.

Personally, I'd choose a NFC team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 03:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It would be interesting to see what the majority of fans around Cincy would choose. I would expect the two most popular options would be the Colts (closest to Cincy) or Browns (still in the same state). Titans may also be considered for those fans in Kentucky such that Titans may be closer to them than Indy.

Personally, I'd choose a NFC team.

I'd probably go back to the way I was before I really became a Bengals die hard.  Pick an underdog team depending on the time (like the Patriots with Ben Coates, Curtis Martin, and Drew Bledsoe , or the Lions with Barry, Herman Moore and Johnnie Morton, Chiefs with Neil Smith, Marcus Allen and Derrick Thomas etc.).  I'll put it this way, it would be a heckuva lot easier rooting against the Bengals simply because Mike Brown owns the team, than it is right now for selfish reasons.  If it wasn't for the fact that we've waited 26 years, I wouldn't mind rooting against the Bengals until their ownership changes.  It's that giant gorilla on the back that makes me root for a Mike Brown owned team at the moment, more because I want to see a playoff win for my team, than anything else.  It's his business and he can do with it however he pleases, but certainly if I wasn't a Bengals fan already, there's nothing really in Mike Brown's management style that would make me want to root for a team that he owned.    Many other owners out there to pick from, who would be more deserving. 
Reply/Quote
I have a different question to add to this conversation:

What is the popular consensus on selling naming rights to the stadium? I love that the current stadium is named after the iconic Paul Brown. But if a company like P&G were to shell out some money for the naming rights how would people feel about that in terms of offsetting some of the cost to the tax payers?
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 11:14 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I know PBS is not very old. However, I think an indoor stadium would be much better in wet or cold weather. The Vikings built an awesome stadium. Is it time for Cincinnati to get with the times and build our own covered stadium? I've heard some rumblings about it recently. Or do you prefer the fan experience to be in the elements along with the team?

What you're really asking here is: Are the Hamilton County taxpayers ready to foot the bill for a new retractable-roofed stadium? We know Mike Brown ain't paying for a roof on a practice facility, much less a new stadium. And I'm pretty certain the taxpayers are still salty after Mike Brown and Bob Bedinghaus fleeced them the last time. This ain't happening, no way, no how.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 06:31 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: I have a different question to add to this conversation:

What is the popular consensus on selling naming rights to the stadium? I love that the current stadium is named after the iconic Paul Brown. But if a company like P&G were to shell out some money for the naming rights how would people feel about that in terms of offsetting some of the cost to the tax payers?

The Bengals actually paid the county in the original lease agreement to compensate for the loss of naming rights income.

The best way to offset the cost of a new stadium is to build a dome or retractable roof facility and land the Super Bowl.  The last one in Arizona generated $720 million for the local economy. 
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 01:30 AM)Whatever Wrote: The Bengals actually paid the county in the original lease agreement to compensate for the loss of naming rights income.

The best way to offset the cost of a new stadium is to build a dome or retractable roof facility and land the Super Bowl.  The last one in Arizona generated $720 million for the local economy. 

Plus you can get Final Fours and WM as well which make the same type of money as the Superbowl.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote