Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Andy Dalton Be In The Ring of Honor
(05-03-2020, 01:16 AM)samhain Wrote: Yes, absolutely. He may have been something of a limited player, but the 2015 season was magical up until the horrific end. I'll always wonder what would have happened if Andy was healthy that year. It was a weak year in terms of the playoffs. I think an Andy led Bengals 2015 team could hold their own vs the Broncos or Panthers of that season. Andy did a lot to bring the team out of the darkness of 2010.

The Bengals held their own against Denver on the road in primetime with AJ McCarron on the field. I don't doubt that they could've hung with the Broncos or Panthers that season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 10:13 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Yes but in 2nd/3rd tier I have to go with Munoz , Anderson, Riley, Curtis and W. Anderson as my 1st 5.

With Chad, Whit, Dillon and once they retire AJ and Geno as the next 5?

That's 10 players who deserve recognition at a national level, let alone at a team level.
Reply/Quote
Without a doubt Andy would be there, and there's no issue with the number 14. It was never retired, it was shared.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 10:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Without a doubt Andy would be there, and there's no issue with the number 14. It was never retired, it was shared.

They would have to put up names instead of numbers.

And the number was shared because Kenny consented to it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Of course Andy should be included.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 11:52 AM)McC Wrote: They would have to put up names instead of numbers.

And the number was shared because Kenny consented to it.

When certain positions are assigned certain numbers there isn't much that can be done. I guess it was gracious of Kenny to say go ahead, but the NFL doesn't retire numbers for that reason... But at the same time, nobody should be asking for 78 around here.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I don't see how there's any question that he would belong. I don't think anyone is arguing he belongs OVER Ken Anderson, but Dalton would definitely deserve to be in the Ring of Honor is there ever was one. To say otherwise is just someone showing their pure dislike for Dalton.
Reply/Quote
Yes.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 01:10 PM)jason Wrote: When certain positions are assigned certain numbers there isn't much that can be done. I guess it was gracious of Kenny to say go ahead, but the NFL doesn't retire numbers for that reason... But at the same time, nobody should be asking for 78 around here.

The Dolphins have #13 retired.  Supposedly, there are people pushing to un-retire it for Tua.  Now I call sacrilege on that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 01:27 PM)McC Wrote: The Dolphins have #13 retired.  Supposedly, there are people pushing to un-retire it for Tua.  Now I call sacrilege on that.

That's crazy, especially considering Tua's history.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 01:27 PM)McC Wrote: The Dolphins have #13 retired.  Supposedly, there are people pushing to un-retire it for Tua.  Now I call sacrilege on that.

Yeah... There are certain numbers that shouldn't be touched. 13 in Miami. 16 in SF, 18 in Indy, 32 in Cleveland, 12 in New England, and 78 here... Off the top of my head.

Miami is funny though. A lot of transplants in the area and not an overly strong allegiance to the local teams. For awhile the only numbers retired for the Miami Heat were 33 for Alonzo Mourning and 23 for Michael Jordan... Who only played their as a visiting opponent.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 01:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's crazy, especially considering Tua's history.

They are hoping he can get 13 games in per season.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 01:41 PM)jason Wrote: They are hoping he can get 13 games in per season.

I'd say with his injury history in college, 13 games over his contract may be hopeful*.

*Obviously an exaggeration.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 01:41 PM)jason Wrote: They are hoping he can get 13 games in per season.
LOL.

I say give him the number 2 to signify he was their far and away second choice.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 09:52 PM)McC Wrote: What about the other #14?  He's the one people say belongs in the HOF.  He won an MVP and multiple passing titles and took his team to the SB.  In my mind, he has dibs on the number.

If there's a way to have two 14's, then maybe Dalton deserves to be there.

Good point.  Ring of honor is different than retiring numbers.  With as many as 90 folks at camp, you can't retire many numbers.  I think a Ring of Honor has always been a good idea and would help to tie some of the past success to the future.  
Reply/Quote
WhoDey2 Will Andy Dalton belong in a ring of Honor...most definitely. However, it would have to wait until he retires from actively playing or coaching...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Umm no. He is a good guy and all. But he played 9 years in the modern day pass first NFL and passed for over 4,000 yards twice. Shit the bed in prime time and the post season multiple times. And he got owned by our most hated rivals the Steelers. The Ring of Honor should be reserved for franchise greats. I'm sorry to bust the Dalton love fest bubble. He was not great.
Reply/Quote