Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Bengals look at XFL players?
The XFL started today with some impressive players on the field. I know the league is nothing compared to the NFL, but shouldn't the Bengals look at recruiting some of the best players in the XFL? The league will probably flop, but some players may have an opportunity to make an NFL team. I'm particularly interested in linemen.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
All I know is that the Steelers tried to get Laundry Jones from the XFL way back when Ben got injured and the XFL said "nope, he's ours" so I'm not sure how easy it is to even get players from there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like watching Football but was not impressed by any players in the XFL.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 10:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I like watching Football but was not impressed by any players in the XFL.

I didn't watch it, but I gave the AAF a chance and it's just american football with non-NFL players so it's like if the last pre-season game is your thing then you'd love this!

Maybe the rules are crazy enough to make it interesting, I don't know.  I watch basketball and hockey in the spring so I'm not really dying for more sports at the moment.
Reply/Quote
Yes. Sign every single one of THE OSU players. Tongue
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
nooooo. they are in the xfl for a reason.
Reply/Quote
Yes there is a lot of players that are at least fringe roster players on the XFL rosters.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We spent 2019 moaning about how untalented our roster is and now we are talking about sniping from the XFL? Also, the XFL isn't going to just let players leave to go to the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Shawn oakman played well and considering what happened to him I would like to see him get a shot. The more reps and coaching they get the better.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 12:15 AM)Nately120 Wrote: We spent 2019 moaning about how untalented our roster is and now we are talking about sniping from the XFL? Also, the XFL isn't going to just let players leave to go to the NFL.

They are setting up to be a feeder league

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 12:15 AM)Nately120 Wrote: We spent 2019 moaning about how untalented our roster is and now we are talking about sniping from the XFL?  Also, the XFL isn't going to just let players leave to go to the NFL.

I think that their masked purpose is to become a farm system to the NFL, a developmental league if you will.  If they can hold it together for a year or two, maybe the NFL buys them out?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 12:20 AM)Okeana Wrote: They are setting up to be a feeder league

Could be but football carries such a high risk of injury you'd think any player who thinks he has a shot at the NFL wouldnt risk it, not to mention they've already blocked at least one player from jumping ship to the NFL.

Reminds me of my friends who are Pirates fans. Root for a player to do well and you're rooting for him to leave town. 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 12:19 AM)Okeana Wrote: Shawn oakman played well and considering what happened to him I would like to see him get a shot. The more reps and coaching they get the better.

Came here to say this.

Looked like he hadn't lost a step, still looks like a beast.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
maybe we could just get good quality NFL free agents....wait nevermind, yes we should be looking at the XFL, WWE, Euro Arena League, and Moeller High drop outs
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 12:19 AM)Okeana Wrote: Shawn oakman played well and considering what happened to him I would like to see him get a shot.  The more reps and coaching they get the better.

Agreed. He will be in an NFL camp this summer now that all his off the field issues are settled.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 09:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: All I know is that the Steelers tried to get Laundry Jones from the XFL way back when Ben got injured and the XFL said "nope, he's ours" so I'm not sure how easy it is to even get players from there.

Once a player signs an XFL contract they are locked in for the duration of the season. Once the season is over (their season ends right after the NFL draft) they are free to sign with an NFL team if they come calling.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 01:02 AM)kacymcbryant18 Wrote: Once a player signs an XFL contract they are locked in for the duration of the season. Once the season is over (their season ends right after the NFL draft) they are free to sign with an NFL team if they come calling.

Well, and then there is the problem of a guy being beat up, from just playing a season, having to try his best just to make an NFL roster.  I would think that practice squad would be the likely destination for most guys coming straight from an XFL season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 12:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Could be but football carries such a high risk of injury you'd think any player who thinks he has a shot at the NFL wouldnt risk it, not to mention they've already blocked at least one player from jumping ship to the NFL.

Reminds me of my friends who are Pirates fans. Root for a player to do well and you're rooting for him to leave town. 

Huh? Players having been using the the CFL and before that Arena league enough to get attention from the NFL.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I watched a few quarters of the roughnecks game and it looked to me like some really sloppy football. Not sure if the players in that league will be very disciplined if any transition to the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 11:16 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yes.  Sign every single one of THE OSU players.   Tongue

I certainly would take Cardale Jones over Ryan Noodle-arm Finley. 
Reply/Quote