Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Should Democrats be concerned they are losing a large portion of their base?
https://www.foxnews.com/media/blm-leader-calls-democrats-racist-policies-endorses-trump-2024-stupid

I placed this here and not in all things Biden and Trump because I think this is more than support for Trump, it is a major strike by a BLM leader going after the Democratic Party.

If I were a Democrats I would be very concerned, many reports of black voters feeling lied to by Biden, but bigger issue is they feel Democratic Party has failed them.
BLM leader endorses Trump for 2024, accuses Dems of 'racist' policies: 'We're not stupid'
Mark Fisher told Lawrence Jones the Democratic Party is 'not for' the Black community
"It's the duplicity of the Democrats, the hypocrisy," Fisher told Lawrence Jones Tuesday. "We're not stupid. The brothers are not stupid. We understand when someone's for us and when someone is not, and it's obvious that the Democratic Party is not for us."
Fisher argued Democrats "don't value" the Black vote during an interview with "The Kim Iversen Show" earlier this month while praising Trump for advocating policies to uplift the community.

"We've been used and abused for so long by that party, they don't value our vote," Fisher said. "Their policies are basically racist policies. I believe it's a racist party. Donald Trump is just the opposite. He's he's going to tell you how it is. He's going to give it to you straight."

A New York Times/Siena College poll this month raised alarm bells for Democrats after it found Trump had reached an unprecedented level of support from Black voters in battleground states that President Biden won in 2020. Black voters in Nevada, Georgia, Arizona, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin are now registering 22% support for Trump, up from 8% in 2020.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
https://www.foxnews.com/media/black-voters-south-carolina-feel-democratic-party-failed-them-strategists-warn

More issues with black voters, this time in SC. This is Democrats sounding the alarm.
Black voters in South Carolina feel Democratic Party has 'failed them,' strategists warn
'We’re treating them like their only issue is racial issues,' one Democrat warned about the party's outreach to Black voters
Democratic strategists and more warned that Black voters in South Carolina were questioning their Democratic Party loyalty, Politico reported on Tuesday, as President Biden continues to suffer from weak poll numbers.

Politico detailed conversations with several Democrats in South Carolina as well as Democratic strategists about the Black vote. The outlet reported that the group of Democrats were concerned that Black voters were drifting from the Democratic Party all together.

Marcurius Byrd, a Democratic strategist who founded the Young Democrats of the Central Midlands and worked on Marianne Williamson's campaign, told the outlet that some Black business owners were frustrated over the focus on racial issues.

"We’re treating them like their only issue is racial issues, and not all of us, but to some extent some of us have moved past that," he said. He also said Black people were becoming "more educated."

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I will go on record right now and say...there is no way in hell Donald Trump will get double-digit support let alone more than doubled support from the African American community. I don't care what random people or polls say. It is not going to happen

Every year, there is boasting from Republicans that they have cut into that margin and every year it doesn't happen.

What policies of Trump's actually benefit African-American communities?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2023, 03:10 PM)pally Wrote: I will go on record right now and say...there is no way in hell Donald Trump will get double-digit support let alone more than doubled support from the African American community.  I don't care what random people or polls say.  It is not going to happen

Every year, there is boasting from Republicans that they have cut into that margin and every year it doesn't happen.

He got 12% in 2020 according to exit polls and since then a vastly increasing number of African Americans became gun owners, we had inflation that'll make people think of the economy, and the wars going on around the world have made security/military more of a concern. All three of those issues being a primary concern for a voter generally lean pretty heavily towards Republican. Not saying he'll carry it or anything, but thinking 10% is so outrageously impossible seems like an awfully premature strong stance to take. (Assuming he even can run for President, what with his immense amount of legal issues going on. Lol)

Edit: I do think this thread saying "large portion" is likely vastly overblown, but getting 10-12% isn't absurd.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2023, 03:10 PM)pally Wrote: I will go on record right now and say...there is no way in hell Donald Trump will get double-digit support let alone more than doubled support from the African American community.  I don't care what random people or polls say.  It is not going to happen

If you read the articles and did some research, you would see how Trump's economic policies helped black americans, Hispanic americans, women and more. I think you also think if black people vote for a Republican, they are not black. The same racist comments being made by black americans. The reality is poor Democratic decisions to put climate change and illegal immigration policies have killed the economy. The black and hispanic low income voters see help they once received going directly to feed, insure and house illegal immigrants in blue states, purple states and red states.

But don't believe me, look it up. look up NYC and Chicago for example where black and hispanics are extremely upset with the money being thrown at illegal immigrants. This issue is only going to get worse as Democrats continue to allow in essence an open border and these people want to go to sanctuary cities like NYC and Chicago who provided them free phones, free health acre, free schooling, free food and free places to stay. The majority come into the country in California, Arizona and Texas by the thousands each day. Then they request to go to these sanctuary cities and these 3 states who still carry the biggest burden transport them to their requested destination. This is not a Joe Biden policy decision, it is a Democratic Party decision to open the border.

Trump received only 8% of the black vote in 2020. He or any Republican only needs to take 8% to 12% in swing states and they win by a landslide. So, you may be 100% correct, they will not get 20%, but can they get 12%? It appears many including Democrats think yes.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2023, 04:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Trump received only 8% of the black vote in 2020. He or any Republican only needs to take 8% to 12% in swing states and they win by a landslide. So, you may be 100% correct, they will not get 20%, but can they get 12%? It appears many including Democrats think yes.

If Black defections from the Dems put Trump in office, it would be a terrible price for the US and the world to pay, 

but I wonder if it would be worth the lesson, which would last at least a generation. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2023, 05:41 PM)Dill Wrote: If Black defections from the Dems put Trump in office, it would be a terrible price for the US and the world to pay, 

but I wonder if it would be worth the lesson, which would last at least a generation. 

It appears it is more than POTUS issue, it appears it is the party in peril of losing a lot of their base for all elections.

As far as the propaganda of a terrible lesson, please tell us how Trump did the 4 years he was in office. I would venture to say if any Democrat wins in 2024, the US we continue down a deep hole economically, wars would start (China in Taiwan) and the middle east will implode.

I will wait for those Trump policies that hurt the middle class, lower class, black americans, hispanics and women. There is propaganda and there is truth, Biden can't run on his record and win, Trump can as we were told in 2016 a Trump win would destroy America and he would get us into a war, but Trump did not. People are not stupid, they see electing Biden was a huge mistake.

Reply/Quote
Well Fox News is reporting it so it must be true.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
If democrats are losing support they should do what they need to do to get support, not gerrymander and make up shit about things being rigged against them. If they do that well...maybe they'll be some dignity in losing. You can pay the bills with dignity, right?
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2023, 08:08 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Well Fox News is reporting it so it must be true.

Well Fox news does have sources, they list actual people and not anonymous sources like your favorite lib fake news stations.

But my guess is you never read the articles, it would kill your false narrative about Fox News.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 12:47 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If democrats are losing support they should do what they need to do to get support, not gerrymander and make up shit about things being rigged against them.  If they do that well...maybe they'll be some dignity in losing.  You can pay the bills with dignity, right?

Or they could have policies catering to the lower and middle class versus climate change. They could have policy of peace through strength versus the appeasement policy of negotiating with terrorists.They could go back to Trump policies on the border to deter illegal immigration.

You say you are a libertarian, but your posts say you are a far left liberal trying to disguise.

Do you think Biden and Democrats have done a great jor even good job managing the country since Jan. 2021? If so, I would love to hear why you feel Democrats that had full control of all 3 branches of government in 2021 and 2022 changed policy to help Americans. 

My favorite is Democrats and Biden blaming the GOP for illegal immigration. The fact is Democrats had the votes in the house and senate majorities to change immigration policy, yet did nothing. Now, we have 8 million illegal immigrants in the US since Biden took office and Democratic mayors begging for federal money. I didn't see the empathy for the cities in Texas, Arizona and California who still deal with the majority of those 8 million illegal immigrants.

I can't wait to hear why you want four more years of Biden and Democratic policies.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2023, 07:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It appears it is more than POTUS issue, it appears it is the party in peril of losing a lot of their base for all elections.

As far as the propaganda of a terrible lesson, please tell us how Trump did the 4 years he was in office. I would venture to say if any Democrat wins in 2024, the US we continue down a deep hole economically, wars would start (China in Taiwan*) and the middle east will implode.

I will wait for those Trump policies that hurt the middle class, lower class, black americans, hispanics and women. There is propaganda and there is truth, Biden can't run on his record and win, Trump can as we were told in 2016 a Trump win would destroy America and he would get us into a war, but Trump did not. People are not stupid, they see electing Biden was a huge mistake.

The bolded reminds of the last "red wave" prediction.

How did Trump do the 4 years he was in office? Not well. He mismanaged the pandemic from the get go, refusing to take responsibility for it, and doing his best to de-legitimate medical science along the way.  The one good thing he did was ramp up vax production, but then blunted the effect by encouraging supporters to avoid it. His legislative "accomplishment" was a tax cut for the rich. 

You don't follow foreign policy well, so I'll skip his blowing up the Iran Deal, which now weighs so heavily on current ME politics and US credibility, as well as his silly Kim summits and other show politics which did more harm than good. He abandoned our Kurdish allies to a Turkish massacre after they helped the US defeat ISIS, for which Trump claimed sole credit. His former National security advisors and DoD cabinet members TO A MAN agree that he was unfit as a president. Add to that his former AG Barr. Chances of an ME explosion are FAR GREATER under Trump than other Republican, let alone Democrat. His Abraham Accords and unconditional support for Israel are the most likely pressure which jumpstarted the current conflict. I shudder to think how he would be "helping" the situation if in office now.

The thing he did well, in a negative sort of way, was to orchestrate right wing media to help undermine trust in necessary government institutions, from the NIH to the FBI. He convinced a third of the country that the Russia investigation was a "witch hunt" and gained such complete control-through-fear of the GOP that it's members were afraid to impeach him, twice, though the evidence warranted such. Worst of all he attempted to stay in power, orchestrating an auto-coup. But again was bailed out by RWM, which turned his drop in approval after 1/6 into a surge of approval, replacing the real topic of an authoritarian power grab with the false one of "weaponized" government. 

The people who follow Trump on this are not interested in the economy.  Just review some of your own posts explaining why attempts to reign in Trump law- breaking-in-plain sight equal some kind of DOJ double standard rather than a MAGA double standard. The same level of propaganda is applied to "Bidenomics."  I'm confident the economy is in a better position now than it would be had Trump won a second term. 

So now we have an authoritarian politician bent on personal revenge, in control of a party with its own media arm, with a plan to return to power without the few responsible guard rails which held him in check the last go around.  

All that stands between us and the disaster of another Trump term are a thin line of "independents," many of them, like so many of those in charge of Capitol security on 1/6, still more worried about "leftists" than the actual danger.

*Regarding China and Taiwan--whatever happens there will depend directly on conditions and forces almost wholly internal to Chinese politics, NOT on who is president of the US.  Not the case in the ME, where Trump's impulse to symbolic provocation would do real damage. 
Reply/Quote
The two biggest problems for the Dems right now are, 1. the cost of living far outpacing wage increases, hence Biden's continued banging the drum on his "successful" economy falling on deaf ears and, 2. the riff caused within the party by the war in the Middle East. I think that will drive a significant number of reliable Dem voters to skip the polls, at best. Black people are not going to vote for the GOP in anything like large numbers. Speaking generally, of course, they have voted solid Dem for far too long for that to change radically in the time span allowed and also due to the fact that the GOP does absolutely nothing of substance to court them.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 11:58 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You say you are a libertarian, but your posts say you are a far left liberal trying to disguise.

I've explained to you how the GOP's march towards a 1 party system and authoritarian plutocracy is completely anathema to my stance without me being a sneaky secret liberal, but you've ignored it so many times I simply have to believe you are just trolling me at this point or you simply can't handle the idea that someone who hasn't voted D or R in over a decade isn't leaning towards your boy Trump.

(11-30-2023, 11:58 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I can't wait to hear why you want four more years of Biden and Democratic policies.

I don't want this, I want the GOP to support actual republicans like Gary Johnson and Bill Weld as I did in 2016 rather than fetishizing Donald Trump, celebrities who want to get into politics, and politicians who want to become celebrities.  You keep missing this point, probably on purpose.  Hopefully on purpose.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 11:58 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You say you are a libertarian, but your posts say you are a far left liberal trying to disguise.

No one is fooled by Nately anymore. His many posts stridently advocating nationalization of the coal industry and agriculture have given him away. 

(11-30-2023, 11:58 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Or they could have policies catering to the lower and middle class versus climate change. They could have policy of peace through strength versus the appeasement policy of negotiating with terrorists.They could go back to Trump policies on the border to deter illegal immigration.

Most right wingers think the Taliban were "terrorists," but Trump happily negotiated with them, going around the Afghan government, to set up an impossible Afghanistan withdrawal with a collapsing government. He freed 5,000 thousand of them to join the final push on Kabul. 

Hannity never mentioned any of that? 
Reply/Quote
Holy shit I’m worried. I did some MAGA math.

If 22% of black voters pick Trump. And the other 78% pick the person running for the other major political party against him. And then we put 100% fake electors in every state house. Easy MAGA landslide win just like 2020.
Reply/Quote
Dude losing every election since 2016 is taunting people in charge by showing them polls.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 09:29 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Dude losing every election since 2016 is taunting people in charge by showing them polls.

I have to admit there is something backwardly odd about hearing the same people who promised me everything from Trump arriving to Biden's inauguration by helicopter with the army to arrest him and Harris, to a former(?) crackhead employing cyber ninjas to prove the entire election was fraudulent so Trump can be rightfully returned to the Oval Office in time for divorced uncles everywhere to shove it in the faces of their liberally indoctrinated nieces and nephews by Thanksgiving now telling me that Trump is going to return to the white house because he's up in the polls and he will win a regular old election.

I guess there is still time for JFK Jr to rise from the dead to be his VP.  That's still pretty weird. 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 11:47 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well Fox news does have sources, they list actual people and not anonymous sources like your favorite lib fake news stations.

But my guess is you never read the articles, it would kill your false narrative about Fox News.

What false narratives? That their legal defense is literally 'nobody with common sense would take us seriously'?

As for my favorite 'lib news sources', I ain't got one. The news is depressing, so I avoid it. When I need to catch up on current events, I hit about 13 different news sources from all over the political spectrum.

You're right though - I don't read the articles you post, or really anything that comes from Fox. If I want fairy tales or high fantasy, I'll crack open a D&D book.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Good amount of black ppl i know just aren’t voting for President

I didn’t in the Hilary VS Trump election because i didn’t see a reason to. Both guys suck mega ass.

I don’t think these undecided ppl are gonna flip to Trump though. If black ppl are falling out of love with Biden and the Democrats that doesn’t automatically mean they will flip to Trump though.
The
-Housh
Reply/Quote