Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I bet the over?
I decent amount of money in my Venmo account from playing poker in a Facebook group (I've mentioned it before), so I think I'm going to bet a grand on us to win the Super Bowl, a grand to win the AFC Championship, and a grand on us to win the division.

When we win the division, it will cover the other two bets, so worst case scenario is I break even (come out slightly ahead), or I make a good amount of money when we win the Super Bowl!
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2022, 12:16 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I decent amount of money in my Venmo account from playing poker in a Facebook group (I've mentioned it before), so I think I'm going to bet a grand on us to win the Super Bowl, a grand to win the AFC Championship, and a grand on us to win the division.

When we win the division, it will cover the other two bets, so worst case scenario is I break even (come out slightly ahead), or I make a good amount of money when we win the Super Bowl!

I like this bet. Go Big! or Go Home!
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2022, 12:16 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I decent amount of money in my Venmo account from playing poker in a Facebook group (I've mentioned it before), so I think I'm going to bet a grand on us to win the Super Bowl, a grand to win the AFC Championship, and a grand on us to win the division.

When we win the division, it will cover the other two bets, so worst case scenario is I break even (come out slightly ahead), or I make a good amount of money when we win the Super Bowl!filed all those poker winnings on your taxes.  

Don't forget to file all those poker winnings on your taxes.   Tongue
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2022, 01:42 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I like this bet. Go Big! or Go Home!
That's how I've always been!

I really, really, REALLY like our chances to make some noise next year because look what we did with one of the worst offensive lines in the league and no our line should be a strength! We were one block for a half second longer from winning the Super Bowl!

I know a lot of things still have to go our way, but I have no doubt that we could easily win it all!

Also, my group always had pot limit omaha and no limit hold 'em games going, but now they're playing less hold 'em, so I really have no reason to keep all that money in there. These bets won't even put too big of a dent in it.
(04-04-2022, 02:20 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Don't forget to file all those poker winnings on your taxes.   Tongue

I've lost so much over the years that I think I'm probably coming out about even!

I only started winning big when Covid hit and I started playing cash games!

My brother and my old man are CPAs, so they take care of it all (my brother's a financial advisor now but he started as a CPA and my dad was a partner in an accounting firm).
Reply/Quote
Do playoff wins count? :-)
Reply/Quote

I actually hate this bet lol 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

I hope you are not betting based on the results of the 2021 season. It will be a tough road to repeat the same success this year. The Bengals are a good team, but if there are injuries etc then you will lose the bets. In other words, I would just bet less on each and put $3000 in a mutual fund.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 12:17 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I hope you are not betting based on the results of the 2021 season. It will be a tough road to repeat the same success this year. The Bengals are a good team, but if there are injuries etc then you will lose the bets. In other words, I would just bet less on each and put $3000 in a mutual fund.

Yeah... nobody should be taking financial advice from you LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 01:36 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, only bet what you can afford to lose. Might be worth taking a chance. Vegas knows what they are doing and they seldom get it wrong. 10 wins will be tough.

Vegas had it wrong last year.

This year they have the Detroit Lions wrong, They will easily win more than 6 games.
Reply/Quote

Worst case scenario is -$3000.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 09:27 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I actually hate this bet lol 
Good explanation lol

Why do you hate it?
(04-05-2022, 12:17 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I hope you are not betting based on the results of the 2021 season. It will be a tough road to repeat the same success this year. The Bengals are a good team, but if there are injuries etc then you will lose the bets. In other words, I would just bet less on each and put $3000 in a mutual fund.

Unless there is a major injury to Burrow, which there shouldn't be with our improved line, then we should be able to succeed with any injuries to any players.

Like I said, I have a bunch of money from playing poker, so why not? 

Plus, it will add interest to the season.

(04-05-2022, 01:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Worst case scenario is -$3000.

Not when we win the division.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 04:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Good explanation lol

Why do you hate it?

Unless there is a major injury to Burrow, which there shouldn't be with our improved line, then we should be able to succeed with any injuries to any players.

Like I said, I have a bunch of money from playing poker, so why not? 

Plus, it will add interest to the season.

Not when we win the division.

Because if the Bengals don't make the playoffs, then you're basically cancelling out every one of your bets. 

Maybe do like $1,000 on the Bengals winning the SB if your set on it. $1,000 on Joe Burrow winning MVP and $1,000 on Jamar Chase over yardage for the season or something like that. That way you don't have all your eggs in the same basket. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 04:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Because if the Bengals don't make the playoffs, then you're basically cancelling out every one of your bets. 

Maybe do like $1,000 on the Bengals winning the SB if your set on it. $1,000 on Joe Burrow winning MVP and $1,000 on Jamar Chase over yardage for the season or something like that. That way you don't have all your eggs in the same basket. 

Going to at least lay a hundred on Burrow for MVP and it would pay out around $1,200.

And, yes, it would cancel out all bets if they don't make the playoffs, but it has the potential to pay out BIG.

GO BIG OR GO HOME!
Reply/Quote