Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Should Mayorkas be impeached?
It appears Congress is going to attempt to impeach Mayorkas for not applying laws for illegal immigration and allowing through open borders foreign nationals who pose the US a major security threat.

It appears to be another political impeachment along party lines (Trump was impeached by Congress 2X, but never impeached in the senate.

Is it OK to allow between 8 to 10 million illegal immigrants into the US in 3 years, including 300,000 in December of 2023 not including get aways?

Is Mayorkas and Democrats to blame for the border crisis or did he simply enforce orders from the POTUS?

Who feels Texas, Arizona and California should be forced to shelter, feed, provide free health insurance to 90% of those claiming asylum?

Is it understood wanting a better life and job will get immigrants sent back to their native country if they ever come back to court which 90% do not?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
What CRIME has he committed to warrant impeachment? And what evidence is there to support it?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2024, 02:46 AM)pally Wrote: What CRIME has he committed to warrant impeachment? And what evidence is there to support it?

The law states anyone caught illegally entering our country be detained and if no proof of asylum they be immediately deported back to the country they can from and his policy refused to follow the law. Now, in 3 years 8 to 10 million illegal immigrants with 6 million in the US awaiting an asylum hearing they likely will never attend.

In essence, he allowed our border to be open and putting our national security at risk. 

Why did they numbers increase so dramatically under Biden? Why is Biden suing Texas from stopping/deterring illegal immigrants from ever entering the US?

Under Obama, 1000 a month was considered excessive and had to be stopped according to his director of homeland security. In December, 2023 alone over 300,000 or 10,000 a day were allowed to enter the country unvetted.

What could go wrong in a world of the world hating the US allowing possible terrorists in, allowing kids to be trafficked more than ever, more drugs and who knows what else is getting access to our country, many we have no idea who they are or if they have had any vaccinations?

Look back in history, Clinton, Obama and almost every POTUS fought to secure our border, Mayorkas and Biden are fighting to let them in.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
However, ASYLUM laws say that refugees requesting asylum can stay in the country until they receive a hearing. Due to chronic underfunding, this process can take years to adjudicate.

Until, the asylum law is rewritten, which is in the bill Trump was to kill, hands are tied legally. Stay in Mexico was an executive order facing multiple court challenges. The laws must be changed.

So try again...what LAWS have been broken.

Oh and if Republicans would stop screaming into every camera, social media post, speech, etc that the border is open maybe people wouldn't think it was.

Even MAGA lawyer Turley says the House doesn't have a case

Reply/Quote
Who the hell isn't under threat of impeachment these days?
Reply/Quote
Congressman Michael McCaul said on Fox News that the purpose of the Mayorkas Impeachment was to “send a message to the Biden administration”. Gee, the Constitution says impeachment is to be used for high crimes and misdemeanors not political messaging.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 08:17 AM)pally Wrote: Congressman Michael McCaul said on Fox News that the purpose of the Mayorkas Impeachment was to “send a message to the Biden administration”. Gee, the Constitution says impeachment is to be used for high crimes and misdemeanors not political messaging.

Honestly the gop doesn't ever govern well.  And this particular bunch of elected republicans act like this all a reality television show vs a job.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
He won't be impeached & removed. He's obviously doing exactly what Biden's handlers have instructed him to do. His name and Homeland Security should never be mentioned in the same sentence. Apparently, our current administration has completely forgotten 9-11-01 or they are just willing to risk if for political gain. Neither of which should be acceptable. We have people coming into this country by the millions that we have no good way of vetting. Thousands upon thousands of military age males. This is a no fail recipe for disaster.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 10:41 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: He won't be impeached & removed. He's obviously doing exactly what Biden's handlers have instructed him to do. His name and Homeland Security should never be mentioned in the same sentence. Apparently, our current administration has completely forgotten 9-11-01 or they are just willing to risk if for political gain. Neither of which should be acceptable. We have people coming into this country by the millions that we have no good way of vetting. Thousands upon thousands of military age males. This is a no fail recipe for disaster.

The terrorists from 9/11 entered the country legally.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 12:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: The terrorists from 9/11 entered the country legally.

Yes, I remember.

Does that mean they would do the same thing? 

Why bother? Which is the exact choice immigrants have now.

Legal pathways & wait times are for suckers.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 12:42 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Yes, I remember.

Does that mean they would do the same thing? 

Why bother? Which is the exact choice immigrants have now.

Legal pathways & wait times are for suckers.

Well then why bring 9/11 into it if you knew they were not illegals?

To the bold: Isn't that the issue?

Part of this deal to help with that AND with catching more as they try to sneak in.

It does take funding to do all of this and congress has been reluctant to fund it.  Maybe that's because they, and their chosen one, want to run on the problem rather than actually solve it.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 10:41 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: He won't be impeached & removed. He's obviously doing exactly what Biden's handlers have instructed him to do. His name and Homeland Security should never be mentioned in the same sentence. Apparently, our current administration has completely forgotten 9-11-01 or they are just willing to risk if for political gain. Neither of which should be acceptable. We have people coming into this country by the millions that we have no good way of vetting. Thousands upon thousands of military age males. This is a no fail recipe for disaster.

Meh, 9/11 is a stale point mostly because I'm convinced if terrorists killed 3000 people in NYC today half of Americans would cheer.  Bonus points if a republican governor sent them on their mission to send a message to liberals.

Actually, maybe if 9/11 happened today it would be brushed off as an AI generated hoax where George Soros paid 3000 New Yorkers to disappear to create a faux crises to keep Biden in the white house, because you don't change horses midstream, or something.

Interesting you mention military-aged males when we as a country are having massive recruitment issues.  Hmm, pathway to citizenship noted. 
Reply/Quote
Why not bring 9/11 into our current fiasco? If it doesn't make you uncomfortable it should. IMO

I agree it's part of the issue.

I can't speak for the deal being worked on because I don't know it's contents.

There's no doubt Republicans want to run on it.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 12:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, 9/11 is a stale point mostly because I'm convinced if terrorists killed 3000 people in NYC today half of Americans would cheer.  Bonus points if a republican governor sent them on their mission to send a message to liberals.

Actually, maybe if 9/11 happened today it would be brushed off as an AI generated hoax where George Soros paid 3000 New Yorkers to disappear to create a faux crises to keep Biden in the white house, because you don't change horses midstream, or something.

The deaths of thousands of our fellow Americans probably shouldn't be fodder for political jokes. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 01:02 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: The deaths of thousands of our fellow Americans probably shouldn't be fodder for political jokes. 

I'm not joking, there is clear evidence that American citizens being killed in various ways gets tossed into the "how can we make money/get support/get elected from this?" machine.  Sure, there were some nutty 9/11 conspiracies but they were for mostly fringe nuts and the old wives tales tellers...you know the same people who said that Mr Rogers is covered in tattoos and was forced to do the show because he was a sex offender, or that Mr. Ed wasn't played by a horse he was really a zebra painted to look like a horse and so on.*

Today if 9/11 happened the entire country would come unglued with insane takes and the amount of crap people would give about the deaths would be dwarfed by the mainstream coverage insane takes would be given.

Seriously, we live in a country that can't even handle the reality of the Kansas City Chiefs making the Super Bowl again.

* oh and I forgot my other 2 favorite ones, maybe these were local but....I met about 5 or 6 people who all told me they had an uncle who fell out of the local roller coaster because he had a picture of Jesus he bought for his mom and it flew off his lap and he tried to grab it and fell and died AND everyone had a cousin who went to the local strip club and he later got an eye infection and it turned out he got a crab in his eye from a lapdance.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 01:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not joking, there is clear evidence that American citizens being killed in various ways gets tossed into the "how can we make money/get support/get elected from this?" machine.  Sure, there were some nutty 9/11 conspiracies but they were for mostly fringe nuts and the old wives tales tellers...you know the same people who said that Mr Rogers is covered in tattoos and was forced to do the show because he was a sex offender, or that Mr. Ed wasn't played by a horse he was really a zebra painted to look like a horse and so on.

Today if 9/11 happened the entire country would come unglued with insane takes and the amount of crap people would give about the deaths would be dwarfed by the mainstream coverage insane takes would be given.

Seriously, we live in a country that can't even handle the reality of the Kansas City Chiefs making the Super Bowl 
 I don't want to find out what the reaction would be. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 01:16 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  I don't want to find out what the reaction would be. 

I think between stuff like Sandy Hook and our addiction to outrage and everything being a deep-fake SIOP that is rigged we have a decent idea of what would be done.  Post 9/11 we got so hooked on being afraid of and hating and blaming outsiders that we built up such a tolerance to it that we need our hatred and fears to be of people we see every day.

Anyways, I'm getting into general rant territory here. Any time I have to scroll up to remind myself what the topic is actually about is a good sign I need to shut up.

Oh, bonus fun points speaking of this for at least one Trump supporter saying he can't vote for Vivek after what happened on 9/11.
Reply/Quote
From Green on why his committee is writing articles of impeachment on Mayorkas.

Green’s majority began investigating Mayorkas’ handling of the border crisis last year and this month have held hearings on the impeachment articles that were sent by the House last year. Those articles accuse Mayorkas of having "repeatedly violated laws enacted by Congress regarding immigration and border security" and of having "made false statements to Congress" that the border is secure, and closed and that DHS is in operational control of the border.

"These articles lay out a clear, compelling, and irrefutable case for Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas’ impeachment," Green said this week. "He has willfully and systemically refused to comply with immigration laws enacted by Congress. He has breached the public trust by knowingly making false statements to Congress and the American people, and obstructing congressional oversight of his department. These facts are beyond dispute, and the results of his lawless behavior have been disastrous for our country."

Green accused Mayorkas of having "completely disregarded the separation of powers, a bedrock of our constitutional republic."

"Congress has a duty to see that the executive branch implements and enforces the laws we have passed. Yet Secretary Mayorkas has repeatedly refused to do so. His lawless behavior was exactly what the Framers gave us the impeachment power to remedy. It is time we take this affront to a coequal branch of government, to the Constitution, and to the American people seriously," he said in a statement this week.

Reply/Quote
Meanwhile back in bizzaro world the leading candidate for the R nomination doesn't want any kind of resolution at the border because he and only he can fix it from his future cell at ADX Florence.. The rest of the R pack lines up, greases their rectums for him to say, "How deep and hard do you want to go?" 
MAGA better change the name from MAKING AMERICA grate AGAIN to Making EJean Carroll Rich Again!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 01:02 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: The deaths of thousands of our fellow Americans probably shouldn't be fodder for political jokes. 

Shouldn't be used to stoke fear to shape present policy concerns or the business of impeachment either.
Reply/Quote