Poll: Should Taylor and the friends he brought in be cut loose after the season?
Yes - Dump them
No - It might get better some day
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Taylor and the friends he brought in be cut loose after the season?
His inexperience has shined through all season. The bengals are at rock bottom and I dont want to become complacent with being terrible. Cant get any worse by bringing someone else in. I have seen enough.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 04:36 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: His inexperience has shined through all season.  The bengals are at rock bottom and I dont want to become complacent with being terrible. Cant get any worse by bringing someone else in. I have seen enough.

It can always get worse, 0 - 16 and totally anarchy in the locker room is worse.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:21 AM)cj1895 Wrote: I will personally call for the dumpster pull after these guys are thrown in. Although 1 year coaches are not a good look it is becoming more common and I can't think of many times it was the wrong call. Arizona was in the exact same situation as us last year and they acted quite boldly not only dumping inept coaches but the bad 1st round pick in Rosen as well. Its paid off for them

I dunno man. Murry is definitely better than Rosen was but they are still one of the worst teams in the NFL and havent yet won more games than they did last year. He needs to stay healthy and get better next year for them to really know its paid off enough to turn them around. Kingsbury, like Taylor also needs more body of work to know how good he will be. With guys like them, its more than just a coaching change, its a total system change. That doesnt always go smoothly and needs more than a year to know much of anything.

We were a dumpster fire before Taylor got here. We have the worst OL in the NFL and the worst and smallest LB core in the NFL. Its so bad, our DC has to play 5 DLmen because we have zero depth behind our below-average starters at LB. Teams have been exposing that all season and there is nothing really the coaches can do about it until offseason. They are improving a little bit because Brown is gone and Pratt is getting better. They inherited a total mess and one tiny cut-short offseason isnt enough to fix that kind of thing in the midst of a total system change.

The good thing is that we have some talented core guys and Taylor has had a full season to really evaluate this team. This up coming offseason will be a good one to judge Taylor by. His work is cut out for him and Im excited to see how he handles it because that will show way more about what we have in him.
Reply/Quote
He had zero qualifications when they hired him, and he has subtracted from those since. I couldn't and still don't comprehend what his hiring was based on.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Take this opportunity to get Eric Bieniemy and make up for the mistake from last year.
Bieniemy should run a better offense than Zac Taylor.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 09:20 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I dunno man. Murry is definitely better than Rosen was but they are still one of the worst teams in the NFL and havent yet won more games than they did last year. He needs to stay healthy and get better next year for them to really know its paid off enough to turn them around. Kingsbury, like Taylor also needs more body of work to know how good he will be. With guys like them, its more than just a coaching change, its a total system change. That doesnt always go smoothly and needs more than a year to know much of anything.

We were a dumpster fire before Taylor got here. We have the worst OL in the NFL and the worst and smallest LB core in the NFL. Its so bad, our DC has to play 5 DLmen because we have zero depth behind our below-average starters at LB. Teams have been exposing that all season and there is nothing really the coaches can do about it until offseason. They are improving a little bit because Brown is gone and Pratt is getting better. They inherited a total mess and one tiny cut-short offseason isnt enough to fix that kind of thing in the midst of a total system change.

The good thing is that we have some talented core guys and Taylor has had a full season to really evaluate this team. This up coming offseason will be a good one to judge Taylor by. His work is cut out for him and Im excited to see how he handles it because that will show way more about what we have in him.

My issue with this is what's the realistic outcome if we keep him? I would say we hope he becomes a mediocre coach. Worst still is the league obviously didn't respect him when he tried to hire staff the first time around. After this dumpster fire of a season who in their right mind would come and work under Taylor? The only hope would be a coordinator with HC experience that we promise to be interim HC when Taylor is inevitably fired mid season.
Reply/Quote
I don't know if I trust this staff with this huge draft if we have the #1 pick but who knows...
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:02 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Should Taylor and the friends he brought in be cut loose after the season?

Taylor is now guaranteed to have the worst start than Dave Shula, who went 5-11 his first season and is widely considered to be the Bengals' worst HC in its history.

Taylor took a 6 win team and turned it into a 1-12 team.

He promised accountability, but seems to have left himself off the list of those who need to be accountable.

He's an offensive guy, but the offense has failed to score more than 23 points in any game this season, include games against two winless teams.

The Bengals are playing worse than Miami who traded away its better players for draft picks.

My personal feeling is that you can't hire a QB guru as a HC and fire him without getting him a QB.  That said, the axe needs to fall on a number of assistants and you need to bring in somebody to take the reigns if you need to cut ties during the season next year.  A guy like Jay Gruden as a passing game coordinator/assistant HC would fit the bill.

If Taylor is retained, they are going to have to be more active in FA this year.  When they overhauled the coaching staff without making many player personnel moves, it indicated that they felt that coaching was the issue and the talent was fine. Obviously, that has proven our to not be the case and Zac constantly talks about assignment errors in his press conferences.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 11:32 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I don't know if I trust this staff with this huge draft if we have the #1 pick  but who knows...

Its frustrating,its a new dey,really
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 11:59 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Its frustrating,its a new dey,really

Sure as the sun rises dey also turns to darkness and the end of the dey.. I think it's time for a permanent end to this dey nonsense.. The team can't even spell day or they right..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 10:49 AM)cj1895 Wrote: My issue with this is what's the realistic outcome if we keep him? I would say we hope he becomes a mediocre coach. Worst still is the league obviously didn't respect him when he tried to hire staff the first time around. After this dumpster fire of a season who in their right mind would come and work under Taylor?  The only hope would be a coordinator with HC experience that we promise to be interim HC when Taylor is inevitably fired mid season.

You're not wrong to feel that way. Where Im at right now is I want to see how he handles free agency and the draft and what all changes he makes overall. This is the most hole filled team we've had in a loooong time. Im willing to see what he does to fix it before I throw in the towel on Taylor. You have to have a good roster to win games no matter what coach it is.
Reply/Quote
I think we’ve been much more competitive over the last month. I actually like the idea of keeping ZT, but IMO Duke is the one that needs to go, need a GM.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:03 PM)grampahol Wrote: Sure as the sun rises dey also turns to darkness and the end of the dey.. I think it's time for a permanent end to this dey nonsense.. The team can't even spell day or they right..

I've actually thought about this myself. Perhaps it is time for something new ? Turn over a new leaf ?
Reply/Quote
it doesn't matter what anyone on here says, elmer fudd will keep Zac here next year! GUARANTEED!!!

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:19 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s time to dump the staff.  Dump them like the Grinch wanted to dump the Whos’ gifts from the top of Mount Crumpet before his heart grew three sizes.  

It takes a special brand of incompetent to turn good players into passionless drones.

elmer fudd has exceeded the special kind of incompetence!

Reply/Quote