Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Should We Start AJ McCarron?
With these injuries and the season is just about wrapped up should we preserve Andy Dalton, so he does not get hurt? Are we at this point in the season if we lose next week?
Reply/Quote
No. If he sucks it'll hurt his trade value.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I've literally never heard of a QB getting benched for 6 games to preserve his health. It just does not happen. The closest I can recall is when Shanahan benched RGIII for the last 3 games to "preserve his health", but it was obvious he just wanted to get his guy Cousins a trial run.

Dalton >>> RGIII
McCarran <<< Cousins

It's just not happening. McCarran fans are just going to have to wait til McCarran switches teams.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 09:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No. If he sucks it'll hurt his trade value.

this

you have a commodity some may want, dont ruin it now with this crappy O line.

play the rest of the season safely. 
Reply/Quote
No. I like AJ but no. You ride with Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 09:24 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: With these injuries and the season is just about wrapped up should we preserve Andy Dalton, so he does not get hurt?  Are we at this point in the season if we lose next week?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Maybe the last two weeks but in all honesty were more likely to hurt his stock than help it right now.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Maybe we should. Dalton is starting to look bungalized. Play it off like Dalton has a sore shoulder so we can land a good package if we trade him this offseason. If AJMC shows well we may have to make a tough decision as the rebuild starts.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 10:07 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Maybe we should. Dalton is starting to look bungalized. Play it off like Dalton has a sore shoulder so we can land a good package if we trade him this offseason. If AJMC shows well we may have to make a tough decision as the rebuild starts.

If Dalton gets benched because our owner and teflon coaching staff can't break through their self-imposed ceiling then I'd suggest he join the list of Bengals players who asked to be traded.
Reply/Quote
Ugh.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Well, no. I think we need to spend the rest of the season making sure Boyd and Dalton start getting more in-game rapport. Also want to see what Dalton and Core can do.
Reply/Quote
The way the injuries have happened, I am honestly not against him sitting if we lose to Baltimore, if we lose next week the season is gone.. With AJ Green going down, I am beside myself right now.. I don't know what benefit would be for Andy to be on the field except getting some reps with the young guys like someone else stated, however the way things are going anything is possible to happen with the Bengals this year.
Reply/Quote
If they bench him with 6 games to go, then it would not be because of preserving his health but due to trying to get a spark. Or it would be perceived that way.

And the Bengals dont have the gonads to do that, not that Andy should be anyways.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 10:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Dalton gets benched because our owner and teflon coaching staff can't break through their self-imposed ceiling then I'd suggest he join the list of Bengals players who asked to be traded.

I think Green pulls a Calvin Jognson and retires.
Reply/Quote
No. You don't bench him at this point to prevent an injury...Mccarron is not going to ride in on a white horse and save this season, so let Andy play it out and show who he is when the going gets tough.
Reply/Quote
Dude with the name that can't be quoted Wrote:No. You don't bench him at this point to prevent an injury...Mccarron is not going to ride in on a white horse and save this season, so let Andy play it out and show who he is when the going gets tough.

I honestly get what you're saying, but IMO it's been ugly all year now.

I guess it'll be interesting to see how players react when they're no longer on a contender though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 12:45 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [quote pid='307541' dateline='1479695489']
No. You don't bench him at this point to prevent an injury...Mccarron is not going to ride in on a white horse and save this season, so let Andy play it out and show who he is when the going gets tough.

I honestly get what you're saying, but IMO it's been ugly all year now.

I guess it'll be interesting to see how players react when they're no longer on a contender though.

When guys start giving up is when it is imperative to get young guys out there with something to prove. You can still grow as a team in a losing season.
Reply/Quote
McCarron is a statue. He would get absolutely pasted behind this o-line group. He wouldn't be healthy enough to trade when opposing defenses got done with him.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely not.

The Bengals can still win the AFC North -- considering the entire division sucks -- and Andy Dalton gives Cincinnati the best chance of winning.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping to see mccaron this year myself. I like dalton as a guy, he's a nice guy, but he seems to nice as a qb, just listen to his post game, it's so pc and friendly with a smile. I seen a timid, inaccurate dalton today.what I'm seeing is he needs a loaded offense and a good oc to see the 2015 dalton. I want to see if mccaron is a better decision maker and more accurate, I know last year I thought he was boring, but he also didn't have many games under his belt.he is more confident and poised, with better deep ball.
Reply/Quote