Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should have 2 wins now
If we're honest we should have five or 6 wins right now but missed opportunities have cost us big time.
1st win @ Seattle- Dre Kirkpatrick literally trips over his two own feet and prevents himself from scoring an easy TD.
2nd Win @ Buffalo- bad holding Call on a KR that was a TD and a miss Dalton throw to Ross that would have been a TD.
3rd Win Jaguars- two easy Pick Sixes dropped by BW Webb.
4th Win @ Raiders- Defense held under 20 points should win that game
5th Win Steelers- Again defense did it's Job offense failed to make more plays.
Also would like to throw in that we dropped a pick six against the Rams and Dalton missed a wide open Tate for an easy TD. We could have tied that game in regulation and made it more interesting.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 03:10 PM)J24 Wrote: If we're honest we should have five or 6 wins right now but missed opportunities have cost us big time.
1st win @ Seattle-  Dre Kirkpatrick literally trips over his two own feet and prevents himself from scoring an easy TD.
2nd Win @ Buffalo- bad holding Call on a KR that was a TD and a miss Dalton throw to Ross that would have been a TD.
5th Win  Steelers- Again defense did it's Job offense failed to make more plays.
Also would like to throw in that we dropped a pick six against the Rams and Dalton missed a wide open Tate for an easy TD. We could have tied that game in regulation and made it more interesting.

Cards games was winnable too.

But yes, with a quality staff and execution by the players we win those games.

Woulda coulda shoulda...right?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 03:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Cards games was winnable too.

But yes, with a quality staff and execution by the players we win those games.

Woulda coulda shoulda...right?

It shows how bad they really are you got to finish plays in this league. The frustrating part is if they did we might be in a position to be in the Playoffs with our best players coming back but naw were on the verge of being 0-16.  The difference in being good and bad in Professional Sports is so close that you need to capitalize on those opportunities.
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 03:25 PM)J24 Wrote: It shows how bad they really are you got to finish plays in this league. The frustrating part is if they did we might be in a position to be in the Playoffs with our best players coming back but naw were on the verge of being 0-16.  The difference in being good and bad in Professional Sports is so close that you need to capitalize on those opportunities.

Indeed. I posted stats of comparing the 93 team and this years...and we didn't get blown out every game back then either. They are similar to this years team.

So you know how a playoff win was some mythical creature under Marvin's tenure? Like how we needed a bunch of things to go right to get one?

When I hear Zac talk...a win has become that. The old we thought we had it, until we didn't.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 03:10 PM)J24 Wrote: If we're honest we should have five or 6 wins right now but missed opportunities have cost us big time.
1st win @ Seattle-  Dre Kirkpatrick literally trips over his two own feet and prevents himself from scoring an easy TD.
5th Win  Steelers- Again defense did it's Job offense failed to make more plays.

Lol.  We should have 5 or 6 wins now.

What a load of crap.  Every team could say that they should have more wins than they should.  WTF is this with Bengals fans?

The team sucks.  The players suck.  No wonder they dont make plays to win games.   Wow, what a crazy correlation. 

But yeah, lets whine and cry about the wins we 'should have' . - total loser mentality 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 04:13 PM)JBSmooth Wrote: Lol.  We should have 5 or 6 wins now.

What a load of crap.  Every team could say that they should have more wins than they should.  WTF is this with Bengals fans?

The team sucks.  The players suck.  No wonder they dont make plays to win games.   Wow, what a crazy correlation. 

But yeah, lets whine and cry about the wins we 'should have' . - total loser mentality 
Yeah that post wasn't a pro Bengal post infact it was the exact opposite. Good teams don't miss easy opportunities like we have this year.
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 04:13 PM)JBSmooth Wrote: Lol.  We should have 5 or 6 wins now.

He just made a statement... Nobody's whining but you with your lil tantrum. Some profound shit you just posted. Never heard that perspective before.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Yes, it's good to see I'm not the only one who thinks the Bengals squandered an opportunity to at least finally beat the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 02:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There are elite players all through the draft. We just miss. Or don't develop them.

Any plan we have should center around signing Conklin at Tackle and Scherff at Guard. Pay them whatever it takes!

You get those 2 guys, you have a good line then.

re: QB - And Fred has posted this...but most elite QB's aren't Top 3 picks.

Like I said in other threads...The Bengal organization needs low hanging fruit to hit for QB.  

You cannot compared the Bengal organization with other NFL teams because this franchised is handicapped by a FO that wants to build a team from the draft yet has the smallest draft personnel in the NFL.  They will not sign top shelf FA.  It is not going to happen.  It hasn't happened in nearly 30 years.  

I am mixed on Burrow as first pick.  He is as close to a sure thing for a Bengal pick.  If they could get Young and maybe Tua in round 2 that would work but with our luck, Tua would suffer a career ending injury.  Young with Eason would work but Eason would need some development.  The best bet for Bengals is just get Burrow and fix the OL the next two drafts.  Conklin would be great FA but Bengals will not do it.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:07 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Like I said in other threads...The Bengal organization needs low hanging fruit to hit for QB.  

You cannot compared the Bengal organization with other NFL teams because this franchised is handicapped by a FO that wants to build a team from the draft yet has the smallest draft personnel in the NFL.  They will not sign top shelf FA.  It is not going to happen.  It hasn't happened in nearly 30 years.  

I am mixed on Burrow as first pick.  He is as close to a sure thing for a Bengal pick.  If they could get Young and maybe Tua in round 2 that would work but with our luck, Tua would suffer a career ending injury.  Young with Eason would work but Eason would need some development.  The best bet for Bengals is just get Burrow and fix the OL the next two drafts.  Conklin would be great FA but Bengals will not do it.   

I agree with that all. Good post.
Reply/Quote
Hiring Zac Taylor was such a reach that Duke Tobin hyperextended himself.
Reply/Quote
Anyone else get the nagging feeling Andy will throw the ball around 60 times and Mixon will be sitting in the backfield playing checkers with a ref? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote