Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Should have walked it in." - Zac defends the Dalton Draw
(12-08-2019, 10:38 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: 100% this.

If there are 5 men in the box, and there are 5 o-linemen, it indeed should be a complete walk in.  It also means that the wideouts were covered, and we know they can't get separation in the RZ.  I hated the outcome, but I do support the reasoning.

Agreed. And I can’t stand Zac’s play calling. The call was infuriating because of the results, but if Andy had indeed walked it in we’d be singing Zac/Andy’s praises.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:28 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The problem is 1st and goal from the 2...they passed and got sacked.

You power that in with Mixon who is having a near career day.

Don’t disagree with that at all. I would have rode Joe until he broke down like a rented mule
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 09:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Zac said that was the right think to do several times. Then says We should have walked it in.

It's the play Zac wanted.

And he's right, it should have worked, but our line whiffed badly and the play got stuffed (thankfully).  I still REALLY want that #1 overall pick, even though I know it will be Burrow and they won't trade it for a haul.  I think it would be exciting and could be like when Palmer (and even Dalton) first got drafted...as long as they admit some of their mistakes and get about 3-4 quality FA to fill holes at G and LB.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 01:29 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Agreed. And I can’t stand Zac’s play calling. The call was infuriating because of the results, but if Andy had indeed walked it in we’d be singing Zac/Andy’s praises.

If Dalton wouldve been a little more accurate when he had open WRs we'd be singing Zac and Daltons praises even moreso. We moved the ball a lot,  but when it really mattered yesterday either Dalton missed open WRs or the OL whiffed and Dalton got smothered. Mixon ran great and Zac has continued to find better play calls for Mixon. I wish he wouldve given it to him a little more yesterday and thats on Zac for not doing it. Dalton was back down to earth after his good game against the Jets.
Reply/Quote
I have to admit folks, we DO need a QB in the up coming draft!!!

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 08:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: To the people who think he is going to 'learn' from mistakes. He seems to just defend them and double-down:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Stupid Browns didn't play along.  I remember a long time ago Kevin K intercepted a pass in the end zone to seal a win against Carolina, and their coach (Fox?) complained that Kaesviharn was out of position and should have never been there.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I see it more as a slam on Andy. Zac, said Andy should have walked it in; instead Andy ran and messed up the timing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
were at 15 consecutive games under 24 points more than likely a full season after Sunday. Zac is responsible for 13 right now. 14 after Sun.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 08:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: To the people who think he is going to 'learn' from mistakes. He seems to just defend them and double-down:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That one didn't bother me as bad as throwing on 1st and goal in the 1st half.....got sacked.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote