Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the Bengals hire Tom House?
(05-28-2015, 04:32 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Don't bring Alexander into this, Fred toast is nearby  Ninja

But really I wouldn't put Alexander with those other two

I was just mentioning that coaches who've out lasted the O coordinators. 
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 11:47 AM)xxlt Wrote: Pretty sure House would have no interest in that. He works as an independent contractor with many pitchers and QB's. Who could afford to put him on salary? Why would he want to cut his clientele down to four guys?

Exactly. Not to mention Dalton went in the toilet after working with him.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 04:49 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'm iffy about it because Tom House doesn't really know football. He just knows throwing mechanics. He wouldn't be able to help Dalton go through reads nor how to sense pressure. So it's like a double-edged sword. House is great with mechanics, but he knows very little about playing quarterback.

But one thing I found interesting was from Pryor, saying “This is the first time I really ran into a quarterbacks coach that fixes you. He always talks about feet and the little stuff that matters.”

Also, House doesn't talk to them anything football wise, just throwing motions.

I'd be all for him getting hired, but I doubt he would leave California to come to Cincinnati. Guy gets numerous quarterbacks traveling to him while he hangs out at home.

Hell Zampese knows neither.... Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 11:47 AM)xxlt Wrote: Pretty sure House would have no interest in that. He works as an independent contractor with many pitchers and QB's. Who could afford to put him on salary? Why would he want to cut his clientele down to four guys?

(05-28-2015, 11:47 AM)MizzouBengal Wrote: I would be all for it, but I'm not sure House would be interested in working for just one team. He may enjoy the freedom to work with whatever clients he wants to, wherever and whenever he wants.

Pretty much this.  Why would he work for just one team?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Few things are as fulfilling as being your own boss and not having to answer to anyone except your own clients and House is in this position. I've been self employed and though I didn't make the money House makes I wouldn't trade it for a minute working for someone else. The Bengals would be better served to hire Warren Buffet to teach them how to invest on Wall Street then buy House, but while we're at it why not just buy out Kraft and take over the Patriots?
Reply/Quote