Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the Bengals put in a claim for Nick Harris?
If he has to be claimed on waivers versus a free agent, not sure he gets by Tampa Bay who lost Jenson for the year.

But if so, I hope we grab him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 04:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Harris was the backup C for the Browns, he's been released.  A knee injury wiped out his 2022 season, and the Browns responded by selecting Luke Wypler in the draft.  Harris appears to have made a full recovery from his knee injury, and has graded out at 77.7 by PFF, good enough for 8th best among all Centers this preseason.  Wypler has really impressed this preseason as well, and the Browns are ready to make him their backup option at C.

After Karras, the Bengals don't really have much of anything to write home about at the Center position.  Hill is pretty unimpressive, and Scharping has taken the very first reps at C in his life this preseason.  I'm thinking that Harris might be a good add, seeing how he's entering just his 4th year in the league and appears to be fully recovered from his knee injury.

Sounds like a great move, Harris would be an upgrade I am sure over Trey Hill and Scharping as the backup Center behind Ted.
Reply/Quote