Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the refs be made to have press conference a few days after a game?
You know, to answer to the media, why they made 1 call but missed another?

I would love to ask the ref that called the 15 yrd penalty on Jones, why he didn't throw a flag at Porter being in our huddle?

I am in the group that says that if Hill doesn't fumble we win this game. I fully blame him.

However, the game wasn't sealed and Pitt was given a chance. Instead of earning that chance, the refs handed them the victory. Of course the headlines are that the Bengals had a "meltdown", but did they?

Burficts hit wasn't nearly as bad as Shazier's, but it was called none the less. However, Porter going out on the field should have resulted in a 15 yard penalty against the Steelers. That would have negated the Burfict penalty, and made the Steelers have to get into FG range with no time outs and 22 seconds on the clock.

So yeah, I would love to know how a ref can flag Jones, but completely ignore Porter.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:20 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: So yeah, I would love to know how a ref can flag Jones, but completely ignore Porter.

I'll tell ya how. A fat bank account.
Reply/Quote
Yes. With clips of questionable calls to explain. If fans are so wrong, this is their opportunity to educate us. Hell will freeze over first.
Reply/Quote
They should and I have no doubt that the NFL wanted the Steelers to win. How does Porter do that and not get penalized? Just bizarre
Reply/Quote
I would even go further and add, that I would like to see more of a penalty system against the refs, to hold them accountable.

Give them a fine for making the wrong call.

I would even go as far as to say, make certain things reviewable, like the PF calls.

I would also like an answer to how even under review, the ref, didn't clearly see the blatant targeting and leading with the crown of his helmet on Shazier.
Reply/Quote
The refs did their jobs perfectly, according to whoever the hell gives them their orders. I've NEVER seen such an obvious and blatant bias. They didn't even try to hide it.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:39 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I would even go further and add, that I would like to see more of a penalty system against the refs, to hold them accountable.

Give them a fine for making the wrong call.  

I would even go as far as to say, make certain things reviewable, like the PF calls.  

I would also like an answer to how even under review, the ref, didn't clearly see the blatant targeting and leading with the crown of his helmet on Shazier.

If they don't want to make targeting a reviewable play then all the talk about concussion prevention is pure garbage.  

At a minimum since they review all turnovers, it should include if the turnover was caused by an illegal play the turnover is negated.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:43 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The refs did their jobs perfectly, according to whoever the hell gives them their orders. I've NEVER seen such an obvious and blatant bias. They didn't even try to hide it.

Which is why I am so upset with Hill.  Even with the refs calling so poorly and 1 sided.  We still have a win if he holds onto the ball.

He runs so poorly and tentatively all game long.  Bernard goes down, and we get the lead and have a tremendous play by Burfict (who people seem to hate right now) and we basically have the win with under 2 minutes left and the ball in FG range already.

Instead of being content with the win, this idiot then decides that he needs to show off and run with the aggression that he should have been playing with all game long.  He should know to have 2 hands on the football, he should know that a six yard run doesn't need him to lunge forward to get an extra inch or two.  He should know to get that knee down as soon as the swarm was on him.  They still had 3 timeouts, so even a 10 yard run would have just resulted in them calling a TO.  So instead of being greedy be content, we got 6 yards, and they call a TO, it is now 2nd down.  Rinse and repeat, if on 3rd down, we are able to convert, great, game over.  If not, then we kick a FG and go up by 4. 

They lose all of their TO and have to go the full length of the field with just over 1 minute to play.  
Reply/Quote