Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we Trade up for a 2nd - 2nd Round Pick
Some guys have fallen that we thought would go in the 1st. We know that IF you find 2 starters in any draft, you've done well.

Why not trade up and get another OT and then a CB, WR, LB, or TE?

We have the picks to do it.
Reply/Quote
I'm uncertain on this. We could move up more substantially in rounds 3, 4 or 5 by using some of our 6ths

I see nine guys right now that could have gone in round 1. Taylor, Murphy, Metcalf, Williams, Risner, McCoy, Ford, Brown, and Gardner Johnson.
But I'm no forecaster..there could be a run on these guys as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 05:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Some guys have fallen that we thought would go in the 1st. We know that IF you find 2 starters in any draft, you've done well.

cant start 3 OTs
Reply/Quote
we should try to jump the Broncos and grab Drew Lock.
Reply/Quote
I would definitely trade up to get better quality because there is going to be some really good talent in the second round. I mean they have the extra picks. So why not go for quality over quantity.
Reply/Quote
I would love to get Drew Lock at some point
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 05:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Some guys have fallen that we thought would go in the 1st. We know that IF you find 2 starters in any draft, you've done well.

I would do it if the right player is there, we don't need quantity, we have tons of picks and we are one of the youngest teams in the league already. What we need is quality and not many can argue that most of the quality players are found in the earlier to mid rounds. It is rare to find the diamond in the rough.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 06:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: cant start 3 OTs

Well you could move Jonah too Guard if they wanted to.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The case for drafting another Tackle is Glenn is injured a lot and has been for 3 years. And when he played, he was below average to average. Plus, the new Tackle would replace Glenn in a year or 2. Also, Williams while a great pick, isn't enough to totally fix the line as there are a lot of issues on it. So we do need more depth.

The case against another Tackle is that we have a lot of needs.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 06:30 PM)impactplaya Wrote: we should try to jump the Broncos and grab Drew Lock.

NO - trade several picks to move and get a QB who cant hit the side of a barn - seriously?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think we were planning to draft Bush and then trading back into the 1st to get an OL (whoever was available).
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
We would have to give up quite a bit to move up in the second round. 6th round picks won't do it.

My position is that moving up doesn't always get you a better player. I think your chances of finding a good player are increased more by having more picks than moving up a few slots.
Reply/Quote