Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we go safety in round 2?
We definitely need some safety help. Should we go with Justin Reid if he’s there? Especially since we was looking at his brother
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:30 AM)Trademark Wrote: We definitely need some safety help. Should we go with Justin Reid if he’s there? Especially since we was looking at his brother

I think we get one today could be either round depending on how the board falls.
Reply/Quote
They worked out Dane Cruikshank. Wouldn't surprise me if they took him in the third round.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
in 2-3-4 I expect we're looking at OT,S, DT, LB. In 5-6-7, we'd look more to value, guys who "slipped" but have SOME stuff that can develop, will have a shot at making the roster, seeing the field. I ASSUME we get better OL coaching. That CAN mean guys we HAVE.. suddenly turn out good. bengals NEED a strong draft to get on a winning path.
Reply/Quote
Daniels (who I don't think we would take), Hurst, Hernandez, and Reid are the guys I most want at 46. I'd be happy with any of them.
Reply/Quote
I'm expecting LB and S getting picked today.

Are we going to look at TE? Later rounds prospectively?
Reply/Quote
If Justin Reid is there, yes. Otherwise, wait. I don't personally want Ronnie Harrison because I don't think he's an improvement in coverage over Williams and Iloka.
Not many LBs I like that would be good value in Rd 2 either.
If not Reid and going defense, best value IMO is DL. Hurst, Settle, Hubbard, or Green.
OL could make sense too but there are also some very good TEs available...Gesicki, Goedert, Andrews. TE in Rd 2 would be my dark horse pick.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be mad if they went safety in two depending on how things fall.

I'd probably rather go DL or OL, though considering what's left and who's fallen. If they could get Hurst, Key, Hubbard, or Landry, then they probably should.

The reality is that there's a shitpile of free agent safeties waiting for this draft to end to see if they can get a job. It's a buyers market, and will be even more so after teams add their picks. The team obviously thinks it's a need, but it's not mandatory that they fill the need in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Justin Reid is there, yes. Otherwise, wait. I don't personally want Ronnie Harrison because I don't think he's an improvement in coverage over Williams and Iloka.
Not many LBs I like that would be good value in Rd 2 either.
If not Reid and going defense, best value IMO is DL. Hurst, Settle, Hubbard, or Green.
OL could make sense too but there are also some very good TEs available...Gesicki, Goedert, Andrews. TE in Rd 2 would be my dark horse pick.

If we went Harrison it would be more to play him as a 3rd safety in the box on passing downs (better coverage than a LB bigger than a CB) I think. I'd rather grab Jessie Bates either by trading back into the late 2nd or early 3rd. Bates I think has the ball skills we are looking for to force more turnovers.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: If we went Harrison it would be more to play him as a 3rd safety in the box on passing downs (better coverage than a LB bigger than a CB) I think. I'd rather grab Jessie Bates either by trading back into the late 2nd or early 3rd. Bates I think has the ball skills we are looking for to force more turnovers.

Same. My second favorite remaining coverage safety after Reid.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Same. My second favorite remaining coverage safety after Reid.

I wonder if teams are holding Reid's brother against him. With that in mind I'm not sure he lands here but maybe. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: I wonder if teams are holding Reid's brother against him. With that in mind I'm not sure he lands here but maybe. 

Well Eric since you could answer the question we will just take your brother instead lol
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:58 PM)UKWhoDey Wrote: I'm expecting LB and S getting picked today.

Are we going to look at TE?  Later rounds prospectively?

Geisiki might make it to our pick in round 3
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Geisiki might make it to our pick in round 3

I think three TE's go this round, at least two for sure. Andrews from Oklahoma may be a possibility in the 3rd though and I'd take that. 
Reply/Quote
Just a feeling but I am thinking Ronnie Harrison, Sam Hubbard, or Orlando Brown
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:48 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Just a feeling but I am thinking Ronnie Harrison, Sam Hubbard, or Orlando Brown

I think Hubbard is in play, but I think he goes before our pick. I'd lean Brown over all because I don't think we are done just yet with O line.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think Hubbard is in play, but I think he goes before our pick. I'd lean Brown over all because I don't think we are done just yet with O line.

Brown should start right away at RT for us and his combine shouldn’t take away from his tape. Talk about an Offensive Line overhaul if we added Brown to Glenn and Price this offseason that would be nice. I have a feeling the Bengals are high on Bobby Hart after hearing Lapham talk him up a few days ago saying how he is younger than Price is and was a good Right Tackle for a playoff Giants team two years ago.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 03:34 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Brown should start right away at RT for us and his combine shouldn’t take away from his tape. Talk about an Offensive Line overhaul if we added Brown to Glenn and Price this offseason that would be nice. I have a feeling the Bengals are high on Bobby Hart after hearing Lapham talk him up a few days ago saying how he is younger than Price is and was a good Right Tackle for a playoff Giants team two years ago.

I think they are okay with Heart and Fisher battling for the spot this year. I get the feeling our next O line pick may be a Guard with tackle versatility just in case.
Reply/Quote
I think they are going for impact player next. I'm thinking Lorenzo Carter, Phillips, Hubbard, or another CB in one of the Jackson's.

I am preparing myself for the loss opportunity for Hernandez.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:27 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think they are going for impact player next.  I'm thinking Lorenzo Carter, Phillips, Hubbard, or another CB in one of the Jackson's.  

I am preparing myself for the loss opportunity for Hernandez.

Carter is a tantalizing prospect.  Crazy size/speed combo.  Marv never has found his next Boulware.  Could Carter be him?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote