Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we just accept..
(09-11-2023, 10:28 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He doesn't like to wear a glove, but to see him put one on in the 2nd and 3rd quarters tells you the rain was a major factor in him throwing it.
It wasn't like Watson was lighting it up either. He had some crappy throws too. at one point he was 7/14 for 50ish yards.

Zac needs to have a little chat with the Equipment manager, something in the "break 'em in process" wasn't working with those balls.

The weather was definitely a factor. Our offense runs through the QB. Whenever he has a bad day for whatever reason, it's gonna be tough sledding. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Watson was bailed out by his coach and team.  It really seems like the gameplan, as successful as it has been, in Cincy is just "Put Burrow out there" because when he's not getting it done there is a general feeling of "Well, we're all out of ideas."

Watson was bailed out by a stout oline and Nick Chubb.....and a poor QB performance from the Bengals.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 08:30 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The idea that Zac Taylor's teams are going to stumble out of the gate each season?  I mean as a fan it is rather annoying to see a so-called championship caliber team's offense playing like they all just met each other for the first time, but they'll improve, right?

If he cant figure out that starters need preseason time to be ready game one by now.. Will he ever?

Burrow was hurt again this year but the other guys all looked just as Bad especially our new High priced OL
Reply/Quote
Zac is mid, he has won with a great roster, he is average at best.
Reply/Quote
Doom and gloom? Already?

I will say it’s kind of disheartening to see Zac not get his starters more playing time in the pre-season. And, I’ve said all along that the Bengals medical staff is subpar ever since the Carson Palmer days.

But, I think Zac was operating with an abundance of caution in the rain, and that’s the reason for this game. Is that a reason to scrap a Super Bowl team? Seriously?

Let’s get real……Browns will finish last in this division…..AGAIN! This game will be their highlight of the season. That’s good for them. Personally, I wouldn’t trade Zac for Stefanski or Harbaugh, or Belicheck, etc. He’s perfect for this roster and this team.

We will be there for the Bell during the post season. The Browns will be at home trying to figure out who their new HC will be.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:13 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: There was a conversation in a thread somewhere here last week about Burrow being a slow starter. There were a few posters that blew it off, but it is true. It isn't completely his fault as he always has something that limits his camp availability - COVID, knee injury, appendectomy, calf injury - but Burrow historically does not play well to open the season. On a team that lives or dies by its QB, that also means the team will be a slow starter.

I am not super concerned by his inability to throw the ball yesterday, though it is strange. He has been able to play in the rain before, but I am willing to chalk that up to some strange one off. I am more concerned about the fact that he did not seem completely healthy yesterday.

There's a lot of merit to this.....

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:37 AM)Wyche Wrote: Watson was bailed out by a stout oline and Nick Chubb.....and a poor QB performance from the Bengals.

Yep, do we have wins where Burrow plays ho-hum to bad and we still win?  I'm being serious, I'm sure there are some but it still seems SEEMS like Burrow being awesome is PLAN A and the PLAN B folder is empty. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:21 AM)jj22 Wrote: Neither team looked as bad as the Bengals (Burrow).

Steelers lost by 23 points, we lost by 21
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:44 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yep, do we have wins where Burrow plays ho-hum to bad and we still win?  I'm being serious, I'm sure there are some but it still seems SEEMS like Burrow being awesome is PLAN A and the PLAN B folder is empty. 

He's been ho-hum in the playoffs. He wasn't great against Baltimore both games at the end of last season. It looked like the run game was going to be decent yesterday, then we got behind. I think yesterday was rust, compounded by bad weather. They've been terrible running the ball the last few years. If they can improve that, and not have a shit show performance from Joe, they can probably win a few ugly games. That said, the offense is built around Burrow. They paid him as such....if he has a rough day, it's going to be tough. He was dreadful last year against the Stoolers, and if we don't lose our long snapper, we still win.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:43 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Zac is mid, he has won with a great roster, he is average at best.

2022 and the postseason runs show that he is an above average coach. You’re freaking out because they had their annual blow out loss to Cleveland. Which has happened every year since Burrow has been here.

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:51 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: 2022 and the postseason runs show that he is an above average coach. You’re freaking out because they had their annual blow out loss to Cleveland. Which has happened every year since Burrow has been here.

Been a lot of mental gymnastics to avoid blaming the anointed one, lol. It happens, quarterbacks have bad games, and ours just had his worst. I don't see what's so hard to grasp about this.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:51 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: 2022 and the postseason runs show that he is an above average coach. You’re freaking out because they had their annual blow out loss to Cleveland. Which has happened every year since Burrow has been here.

Just inexplicable stuff, kicking that second FG instead of going for it, only running routes to the sidelines, it's year 4, time to stop making these same mistakes over and over again. 
Reply/Quote
It's a catch 22; play the starters in the preseason and one of them gets Hurt. People will ***** just as hard if not harder then what happened yesterday.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:59 AM)J24 Wrote: It's a catch 22; play the starters in the preseason and one of them gets Hurt. People will ***** just as hard if not harder then what happened yesterday.

Exactly, look what happened to Denver
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Steelers lost by 23 points, we lost by 21

Check other stats. They put up a far better fight in their loss then we did. Picket hit 67% of his passes. Crossed the 200 yard mark. If Browns were as competent as the 49ers then the loss would have been far worse. 49ers would have beaten us 56-0. Mahomes was a catch or two away from wining the game outright, so there's no comparison on the kind of game he had as it relates to Burrow.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:43 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: Doom and gloom?  Already?

I will say it’s kind of disheartening to see Zac not get his starters more playing time in the pre-season.  And, I’ve said all along that the Bengals medical staff is subpar ever since the Carson Palmer days.

But, I think Zac was operating with an abundance of caution in the rain, and that’s the reason for this game.  Is that a reason to scrap a Super Bowl team?  Seriously?

Let’s get real……Browns will finish last in this division…..AGAIN!  This game will be their highlight of the season.  That’s good for them.  Personally, I wouldn’t trade Zac for Stefanski or Harbaugh, or Belicheck, etc.  He’s perfect for this roster and this team.

We will be there for the Bell during the post season.  The Browns will be at home trying to figure out who their new HC will be.

That is a totally ignorant take. Our guys come back from significant injuries as quickly or quicker than many others. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:56 AM)jj22 Wrote: If they are there at 5 am, it's because they were going to be there anyway. Fans seemed far more outraged about yesterday's game then the players did. Hell Chase joked about only being mad because he lost to some elves, and Burrow wasn't looking bothered at all. 

That’s not what I saw FWIW. I think maybe there’s a lot of overreaction because yesterday was so bad… the players don’t want to get embarrassed. But honestly when Burrow plays like that I don’t think there’s anything you can do. He wasn’t giving them opportunities. It had to be the rain honestly. I’ve got a reach the same size maybe a little bigger than Burrow and I can barely throw an NFL ball, let alone in the rain. Yes I know, he’s in the NFL and I’m not, but still. He’s got a QB’s dream right now. Other than Peyton with Wayne and Harrison I don’t remember such a talented trio. They had a good coach though. 

If/when Higgins bails, holy crap is he gonna look back on games like yesterday and cringe. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:18 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I think maybe there’s a lot of overreaction because yesterday was so bad… 

You think?! How could you read so many of the posts on here and not just KNOW that there's a lot of overreaction. lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:18 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: That’s not what I saw FWIW. I think maybe there’s a lot of overreaction because yesterday was so bad… the players don’t want to get embarrassed. But honestly when Burrow plays like that I don’t think there’s anything you can do. He wasn’t giving them opportunities. It had to be the rain honestly. I’ve got a reach the same size maybe a little bigger than Burrow and I can barely throw an NFL ball, let alone in the rain. Yes I know, he’s in the NFL and I’m not, but still. He’s got a QB’s dream right now. Other than Peyton with Wayne and Harrison I don’t remember such a talented trio. They had a good coach though. 

If/when Higgins bails, holy crap is he gonna look back on games like yesterday and cringe. 

People act like Burrow should be up there in tears. It's one game. People who have played football, or any sport, as long as these guys have, no there will be losses and bad days. The only people who think it's the end of the world are some fans.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:29 AM)Wyche Wrote: Stafford didn't play in the preseason, wonder what his stats looked like.  Ninja

I wonder what they will look like week 3...................
Reply/Quote