Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we push to remove Hip-Hop Concerts?
(07-07-2015, 02:11 AM)bfine32 Wrote: There is a very good chance you have a future in writing rap lyrics.

Question: How do we know the folks shot in the church were innocent?

Answer: Because we are not overly naive. 

So anyone who doesn't automatically believe that all blacks are guilty and all whites are innocent are just "naive"?

You have nothing to back your argument than racists assumptions.
(07-07-2015, 02:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The police said the "white guy" was doing nothing wrong.  

The police did not see what started it at all.  They didn't even notice it until he was getting beaten up.
(07-07-2015, 02:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So anyone who doesn't automatically believe that all blacks are guilty and all whites are innocent are just "naive"?

You have nothing to back your argument than racists assumptions.

Nope. It's just naive is the kindest word I could come up with to describe someone that suggest the white guy might be to blame for getting beat up by 40 black folk.

No doubt just the racist in me. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-07-2015, 02:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The police did not see what started it at all.  They didn't even notice it until he was getting beaten up.

I wonder if they interviewed anyone?

(07-07-2015, 02:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope. It's just naive is the kindest word I could come up with to describe someone that suggest the white guy might be to blame for getting beat up by 40 black folk.

No doubt just the racist in me. 

Just curious, but why do you think it is impossible that a white guy might have done something wrong?

Good thing that church shooter wan't overpowered by the nine people at that prayer service.  You would have been accusing them of being violent black people that beat up a white guy for no reason. because it is "naive" to think that any white person would ever do anything wrong.
(07-07-2015, 02:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder if they interviewed anyone?

Since they didn't say any thing about interviewing anyone I am going to have to say "no".
(07-07-2015, 02:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Just curious, but why do you think it is impossible that a white guy might have done something wrong?

Good thing that church shooter wan't overpowered by the nine people at that prayer service.  You would have been accusing them of being violent black people that beat up a white guy for no reason.

Just curious, but why do you think it impossible that the black folk at the church might have done something wrong?

Because the simple answer, for folks that have the ability of reason, is that they understand that the victims in either case did not deserve what they received and the violence was due to the color of their skin.

Save your claims of racism.  Could just be the pot calling the kettle white.

BTW you never did show me the the post/thread. etc.. where I blamed the black man getting shot simply because he was black.

(07-07-2015, 02:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Since they didn't say any thing about interviewing anyone I am going to have to say "no".

Because it would be very unusual for the police to interview witnesses.

(07-07-2015, 01:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The fact that folks are looking to remove the symbol while ignoring the cause.

If The Confederate Flag is a symbol of hate and racism, then isn't hip-hop a symbol of violence and racism?  

That's a pretty broad brush to paint all music with.

So you've got a wide genre of music — some of which has no mention of violence or race — and a symbol used openly during a time of armed insurrection and displayed predominately by racists.

I think this one is at best a reach.
(07-07-2015, 02:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Just curious, but why do you think it impossible that the black folk at the church might have done something wrong?

Because the simple answer, for folks that have the ability of reason, is that they understand that the victims in either case did not deserve what they received and the violence was due to the color of their skin.

Save your claims of racism.  Could just be the pot calling the kettle white.

BTW you never did show me the the post/thread. etc.. where I blamed the black man getting shot simply because he was black.

Waitasecond.

If hip-hop is all about racism and violence — according to your previous post — then your comparing an event you consider racist and violent to a church gathering. That's a pretty rough crew at your congregation, I'm guessing, if you draw a parallel there. 
(07-07-2015, 02:52 AM)Benton Wrote: That's a pretty broad brush to paint all music with.

So you've got a wide genre of music — some of which has no mention of violence or race — and a symbol used openly during a time of armed insurrection and displayed predominately by racists.

I think this one is at best a reach.

So is it your assertion that everyone/ everyplace that displays the Confederate flag is racist?

Remember the broad brush theory. 

(07-07-2015, 02:56 AM)Benton Wrote: Waitasecond.

If hip-hop is all about racism and violence — according to your previous post — then your comparing an event you consider racist and violent to a church gathering. That's a pretty rough crew at your congregation, I'm guessing, if you draw a parallel there. 

I an assuming you missed my association of the innocent(s) (lone white guy, church congregation) with the perpetrator(s) (white racist, Hip-Hop). 

Nobody compared the church congregation to the violent folk at the hip-hop concert. I did just the opposite. 

Legitimate question: We all know that hip hop concerts aren't going to get banned. So why did you start this thread bfine? Why didn't you just make the title "Black mob attacks single white person?" Or is that too revealing of your slant?
(07-07-2015, 02:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Because it would be very unusual for the police to interview witnesses.

Why would they bother to ask any questions when they can just look at the color of their skin and know that the white guy could not have done anything wrong?

That's all you have to know, right?
(07-07-2015, 02:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Because the simple answer, for folks that have the ability of reason, is that they understand that the victims in either case did not deserve what they received and the violence was due to the color of their skin.

People that have the ability to reason are able to explain how they come to a conclusion.

So tell me again why it is that you know for sure the white guy was innocent and did nothing to start the fight that got him beaten up.

BTW in case you don't understand, just saying the white guy was innocent because of the color of his skin is not "reasonoing". That is just a racist assumption.  So please explain your reasoning in this case.
(07-07-2015, 01:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The fact that folks are looking to remove the symbol while ignoring the cause.

If The Confederate Flag is a symbol of hate and racism, then isn't hip-hop a symbol of violence and racism?  

false equivalence 
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Ha...bfine got his wish.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/crime/2015/07/06/self-diploma-saturday-concert-series-fountain-square-cancel/29799337/
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(07-07-2015, 03:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: People that have the ability to reason are able to explain how they come to a conclusion.

So tell me again why it is that you know for sure the white guy was innocent and did nothing to start the fight that got him beaten up.

BTW in case you don't understand, just saying the white guy was innocent because of the color of his skin is not "reasonoing". That is just a racist assumption.  So please explain your reasoning in this case.

Because a policeman on the scene stated he was doing nothing to cause the beating. That is my reasoning.

What leads you to believe he may have deserved to get beaten by 40 people?

So it appears your attempt to paint someone as a racist is coming up short; but keep trying.

(07-07-2015, 08:20 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Ha...bfine got his wish.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/crime/2015/07/06/self-diploma-saturday-concert-series-fountain-square-cancel/29799337/

Hey don't blame me; blame the guy that got beat up by 40 people.

(07-07-2015, 03:04 AM)treee Wrote: Legitimate question: We all know that hip hop concerts aren't going to get banned.

(07-07-2015, 08:20 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Ha...bfine got his wish.

Good call treee