Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we push to remove Hip-Hop Concerts?
(07-07-2015, 12:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you don't think there is a good percentage of Hip-Hop music that promotes, illegal activities, violence, and racisim; then we just disagree.

Serious question.  What percentage of 'hip hop' do you believe promotes racism?  Give me a loose estimate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-07-2015, 01:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What in that report leads you to believe he was aggressive? The walking part or the white part?

The part where he came back into the frame with a "confrontational" stance. 

Which is probably the part you skipped.  Mellow

Anywho:

http://www.socialsciencecareers.org/10-rock-concerts-which-resulted-in-bloodshed/

Quote:10 ROCK CONCERTS WHICH RESULTED IN BLOODSHED

10. ALTAMONT FREE CONCERT – 1969

9. WORLD SERIES OF ROCK – 1979

8. THE WHO IN CINCINNATI – 1979

7. MONSTERS OF ROCK – 1988

6. MONTREAL RIOT – 1992

5. WOODSTOCK ’99 – 1999

4. PEARL JAM AT ROSKILDE – 2000

3. MARILYN MANSON – 2003

2. SAN BERNARDINO PUNK RIOT – 2006
1. FAMILY VALUES TOUR – 2006

Now admittedly this list is from 2012 and we ALL know that hip-hop has been promoting:  " violence, hatred, and racism" for just the past couple years. Mellow

So its possible hip-hop is secretly behind all of these.

Or we could follow these wise words:
[Image: george-carlin-never-underestimate.jpg?w=229]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-07-2015, 01:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: The part where he came back into the frame with a "confrontational" stance. 

Which is probably the part you skipped.  Mellow

Yeah I read it and I also saw the video where he has his "arms raised in what appears to be a confrontational gesture" (what ever that means) after about 4-5 guys to turns taking sucker punches.

Some folks do try to defend themselves.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-07-2015, 01:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah I read it and I also saw the video where he has his "arms raised in what appears to be a confrontational gesture" (what ever that means) after about 4-5 guys to turns taking sucker punches.

Some folks do try to defend themselves.

Some folks think they are bad ass and can take on 4-5 guys.

Probably best to walk away once the fight is over.

But maybe the victim was a hip-hop fan too and wanted to promote " violence, hatred, and racism".
(07-07-2015, 01:26 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Serious question.  What percentage of 'hip hop' do you believe promotes racism?  Give me a loose estimate.

487%
http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/crime/2015/06/29/man-beaten-to-death-after-kenny-chesney-concert/29474221/

Damn country music promoting " violence, hatred, and racism".

Man beaten to death after Kenny Chesney concert

Quote:SEATTLE, Wash. -- Seattle Police are asking for the public's help finding a suspect in the death of a man after a fight near CenturyLink Field Saturday night.

It happened about 9 p.m. near 5th Avenue and S. Weller Street. Witnesses said two men were fighting and one suffered head injuries. Medics transported the victim to Harborview Medical Center where he died.

Family members identified the victim as Benito "Benny" Enriquez. They say the 31-year-old is the father of two girls – 6-year-old Mia and 8-year-old Ava. Christina Enriquez said her son was a nurse for the disabled, a loving father and caring son.

"At first I didn't want to go on myself because we're that tight but now I realize I need to be strong for my granddaughters," Christina said. "He was an immovable rock and he was a rock to me."

Joey Smith was at the Kenny Chesney concert with Enriquez Saturday. He said Enriquez went to get t-shirts for his daughter as the concert was ending and planned to meet up at the car.

"He went to go meet us at the car which is on 5th and King Street at a construction site that I'm working on," Smith said. "So we made our way back and we saw the police activity and the road shut down and I said 'This isn't good,' because he wasn't there waiting for us."

Police say prior to the assault, the unidentified suspect
Police say prior to the assault, the unidentified suspect is seen walking with the victim and a woman he appears to be with. (Photo: SPD)
Enriquez was beaten on his way back to the vehicle. Smith said Enriquez didn't have a pulse when medics arrived.

"I just can't understand it, because all we've ever been raised in is love and compassion and supporting one another," Cristina said. "Who could do that to another person?"

Police released photos Sunday and asked for the public's help in finding a suspect. He is described as possibly a Hispanic, Middle-Eastern or Pacific Islander man in his 20s, 5 feet 11 inches-to-six feet 1 inch tall with a medium-to-stocky build. He wore a black and white "trucker" style baseball cap, a white v-neck t-shirt and black shorts.

The suspect was with a white woman in her 20's, 5 feet 8 inches tall with a medium build and possibly pregnant. She had long, straight blonde hair, wore a red, pink and white-patterned dress and carried a shoulder bag.

The suspect and the woman he was with were last seen walking eastbound on South Weller Street after the assault.

If you have any information on the identity of the suspect or the woman he is with, you are asked to call the Seattle Police homicide tip-line at (206) 233-5000.

"I believe in justice and I know that we will find you," Christina said. "We will find whoever is responsible for taking this beautiful life away."
(07-07-2015, 01:26 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Serious question.  What percentage of 'hip hop' do you believe promotes racism?  Give me a loose estimate.

Not sure I could put a number on it; loose estimate on racisim alone: 5% Of course that varies with what the listener considers "promoting racisim". Serious question: What percentage do you say is acceptable?

Now as far as Violence, misogyny, drug use, and other illegal activities I would put the percentage much higher. Some consider 25% a modest estimate. Serious question: What percentage do you say is acceptable?

I see the direction folks are trying to steer the discussion. The purpose of the OP was to illustrate that the "symbol" is probably a whole lot less to blame that the criminal.

I do not think that everone that listens to hip-hop is racist, but I also don't think that everyone that owns a Confederate Flag or its image is racist.  

You can type "FIGHT AT ______" and pretty much put anything in there and you'll come up with people beating each other everywhere. Here is a country concert with a bunch o' white boys beatin' on each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVFZAbwrPDk
(07-07-2015, 01:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/crime/2015/06/29/man-beaten-to-death-after-kenny-chesney-concert/29474221/

Damn country music promoting " violence, hatred, and racism".

Man beaten to death after Kenny Chesney concert

Yes, I can see how two men getting in a fight after a concert is the same thing. Great link.

(07-07-2015, 02:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You can type "FIGHT AT ______" and pretty much put anything in there and you'll come up with people beating each other everywhere.  Here is a country concert with a bunch o' white boys beatin' on each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVFZAbwrPDk

No doubt every fight that ever occured in any venue is relevant to one man getting attacked by upwards of 40 people.

(07-07-2015, 02:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, I can see how two men getting in a fight after a concert is the same thing. Great link.

So you DO understand false equivalency then!  

Rock On
(07-07-2015, 02:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt every fight that ever occured in any venue is relevant to one man getting attacked by upwards of 40 people.

Are you trying to tell me you don't hold white people at a country concert to a  higher standard than a mob of blacks bred on hip hop?
(07-07-2015, 02:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Are you trying to tell me you don't hold white people at a country concert to a  higher standard than a mob of blacks bred on hip hop?

He's saying hip-hop promotes:  " violence, hatred, and racism". 

And should be banned like the confederate flag.

SeriouslySad
(07-07-2015, 02:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: He's saying hip-hop promotes:  " violence, hatred, and racism". 

SeriouslySad

Wal Mart doesn't sell either.
(07-07-2015, 02:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Are you trying to tell me you don't hold white people at a country concert to a  higher standard than a mob of blacks bred on hip hop?

First of all: why are folks trying so hard to make it a black and white issue? I didn't even mention race until I responded to post #13 that introduced the "race card". It's just easier to attack someone's POV once you label them a racist.

Do you realize there are studies that young white males are the largest demographic that listen to rap music?

But to answer your question. I do not. I would be outraged if there was a video of 40 white people beating a black man at a country concert.

(07-07-2015, 02:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: He's saying hip-hop promotes:  " violence, hatred, and racism". 

SeriouslySad

Where did I say either should be banned? I simply asked if someone thought the Confederate flag should be banned for violence, hatred, and racisim; then should music that promotes such activity.

Unless you are gonna go with the notion that a portion of rap music doesn't promote illegal activity.

(07-07-2015, 02:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where did I say either should be banned? I simply asked if someone thought the Confederate flag should be banned for violence, hatred, and racisim; then should music that promotes such activity.

Unless you are gonna go with the notion that a portion of rap music doesn't promote illegal activity.

Oh...now a "portion" "promotes" it.

Got it.

Rolleyes
(07-07-2015, 02:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First of all: why are folks trying so hard to make it a black and white issue? I didn't even mention race until I responded to post #13 that introduced the "race card". It's just easier to attack someone's POV once you label them a racist.

Do you realize there are studies that young white males are the largest demographic that listen to rap music?

But to answer your question. I do not. I would be outraged if there was a video of 40 white people beating a black man at a country concert.

I'm not saying you are making it a black and white issue, but 40 black guys beating up one white guy is a black and white issue in my mind.
(07-07-2015, 02:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't even mention race until I responded to post #13 that introduced the "race card".

Please review Post #5
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(07-07-2015, 02:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So is it your assertion that everyone/ everyplace that displays the Confederate flag is racist?

Remember the broad brush theory. 

Uh... you were the one validating the "Confederate Flag is a symbol of hate and racism" theory in an attempt to discourage hip hop.

(07-07-2015, 03:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I an assuming you missed my association of the innocent(s) (lone white guy, church congregation) with the perpetrator(s) (white racist, Hip-Hop). 

Nobody compared the church congregation to the violent folk at the hip-hop concert. I did just the opposite. 

The flaw here is hip hop isn't a perpetrator. The whatever it was you posted was about a white guy beaten up by black guys, not audible vibrations.

So, your association is black+church=provocation of a white racist is equal to white+hip hop=provocation of a black racist(s). What you're saying is black+church=provocation of a white racist is equal to white=provocation of hip hop listening black racists.