Poll: Should the Bengals tank at 0-4
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Should we tank with Dolphins
(10-01-2019, 10:25 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Same.  I said the team could finish with less than 5 wins and I was told to "get out of here" because this roster was too talented to lose that many games.  

Let’s look back at the thread see who’s cray cray.
Reply/Quote
The Pittsburgh game looked like one of those games from the 90s when David Klingler was quarterback. Several said that the Colt's season before Andrew Luck might be the only time a team tanked and immediately got better, but we can't really be sure that's what happened. It's just flat-out painful to watch these Bengals try to play football, so maybe it's good that I live in southern Illinois now and won't be able to watch games too easily. On the positive side, games against the Seahawks and Bills were close and even the Steeler's game might have been different had Andy held onto the ball on the first half drive.
Reply/Quote
[Image: tZko3hw55ezdBfHLA]
<--- my personalized version of a broken image of a tank..  So the image doesn't work.  Just close your eyes and imagine a picture of a tank with the word pow at the top of the picture..
That's about as good as it's getting folks..
But hey! Just imagine when your personalized autographed hardback version of Tanking for Success by Zac Taylor arrives in your mailbox..  That'll be an exciting moment.. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals should be shopping anyone high paid and/or close to 30 years old or over.

It would be a tactic to show the fans they are in a rebuild mode and their tactic is to get rid of salaries as well as add draft picks to expedite the process.

Bengals should also hire a real GM and more scouts to help identify better draft picks in the coming years. We have major misses the past 4 years and if plan is to continue to use draft as primary tool to rebuild, then they need to hit quickly on picks starting with a true franchise QB.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'd start the fire sale, yes. Give AJ, Geno and Dunlap a chance to compete for something before their careers are over.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 02:21 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'd start the fire sale, yes. Give AJ, Geno and Dunlap a chance to compete for something before their careers are over.

Yes and us a chance to load up on great draft picks. A win for all for a losing season and change of pace on doing business as usual. Let's trade AD and others and see what Findley, Willis and others on our DL can do right now.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 02:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think the Bengals should be shopping anyone high paid and/or close to 30 years old or over.

It would be a tactic to show the fans they are in a rebuild mode and their tactic is to get rid of salaries as well as add draft picks to expedite the process.

Bengals should also hire a real GM and more scouts to help identify better draft picks in the coming years. We have major misses the past 4 years and if plan is to continue to use draft as primary tool to rebuild, then they need to hit quickly on picks starting with a true franchise QB.

Perfectly reasonable. My plan would be similar.

I'd probably get rid of some position coaches too and try to bring Jay Gruden in as OC.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 04:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Perfectly reasonable. My plan would be similar.

I'd probably get rid of some position coaches too and try to bring Jay Gruden in as OC.

Isn't Gruden still employed with Skins?

Reply/Quote
Tank ? This team is sorry enough to get a top 3 pick without "tanking".
Reply/Quote