Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we trade up into the 1st for Queen or another linebacker?
Just wondering what you guys think. If we signed a LB like Littleton or Schobert in FA and traded up for Queen thats a pretty good overhaul to our linebacker corps IMO.

Could still nab a promising cb or guard/tackle or wideout or dlineman in the 3rd-5th.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’d love what u proposed but I’ve gotta he honest what’s with all this hype around Patrick queen? I don’t see it
Reply/Quote
Would rather them trade up for murray.

I dont know why queen is now the bees knees all thecsudden
Reply/Quote
We need more help at linebacker than just one pick, so I'm hoping for one in the draft and maybe two or three in free agency. We keep settling on cheap thumpers in free agency, but we need more athletic guys who can play all three downs. As for trading up, I'd rather not give up assets when we should be trying to accumulate them. I think we're much more likely to field offers after Day 1 since we're first on the clock, and move down to grab more picks, than to move up.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 11:37 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: We need more help at linebacker than just one pick, so I'm hoping for one in the draft and free agency. We keep settling on cheap thumpers in free agency, but we need more athletic guys who can play all three downs. As for trading up, I'd rather not give up assets when we should be trying to accumulate them. I think we're much more likely to field offers after Day 1 since we're first on the clock, and move down to grab more picks, than to move up.

Dude in this thread made it clear he wanted to sign one in FA and also draft one. If we signed Littleton and drafted queen the linebacker problem would be solved.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 01:33 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Just wondering what you guys think. If we signed a LB like Littleton or Schobert in FA and traded up for Queen thats a pretty good overhaul to our linebacker corps IMO.

Could still nab a promising cb or guard/tackle or wideout or dlineman in the 3rd-5th.

It's hard to give up picks to move up when the team already doesn't have enough picks to fill all it's holes.  Unless Simmons falls into the 20's, there's really not going to be a LB worth moving up for, either.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 06:53 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Would rather them trade up for murray.

I dont know why queen is now the bees knees all thecsudden

Everyone noticed him in the National Championship flying around and making plays.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Depends on what they do with Vigil.

If they keep him, there's really only 1 high pick/free agent needed since they are in nickel a majority of the time. I think Pratt/Vigil/and a 2nd rounder would be more than enough.
Reply/Quote
No, I'll sit tight at 33 and consider him if he is there. He's a good prospect but I think he is gaining hype because of the lack of top end talent at LB overall in this draft than because he is a great prospect.
Reply/Quote
I saw daniel jeremiah was really high on queen. Said he can cover well, and hes a good all around playmaker. Most of the mid round linebackers have the knock that they cant cover. I havent watched his tape too much but from the mock drafts it looks like he would be picked before we pick. We could move up 5 spots if he’s still on the board, or more if they really want him. Or stay there and pick Bpa. If the hype is real he could be moving up draft boards too, possibly making this an unrealistic potentiality.

From what i saw last draft this staff isn’t afraid to move up so this is something i could see potentially happening. His name is reflective of Cincinnati being the ‘Queen city’ too.

Read something else that had Littleton as the best FA linebacker. Says he can cover too on top of being a good all around player. Schobert was ranked 2nd of FA linebackers on the list I saw.

Just wondering what other peoples’ opinions on these players are.
Reply/Quote
I find it unlikely that they trade up from 33. They're more likely to trade up later in the draft if they have extra picks.

I'd honestly be surprised if the Bengals didn't trade down from the 33rd pick. Depending how far they drop, they could be looking at an extra 3rd & 4th.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2020, 12:47 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I find it unlikely that they trade up from 33. They're more likely to trade up later in the draft if they have extra picks.

I'd honestly be surprised if the Bengals didn't trade down from the 33rd pick. Depending how far they drop, they could be looking at an extra 3rd & 4th.

Could see Queen going higher than expected, and not being in the conversation.

Could see there being some wideouts at the top of the board at 33, and the Bengals wanting to trade down and go defense or offensive line.

Could see them selecting someone too. Definitely an interesting pick, hoping they nail it.

For such a crappy season, the Bengals always make the offseason interesting for sure.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2020, 01:09 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Could see Queen going higher than expected, and not being in the conversation.

Could see there being some wideouts at the top of the board at 33, and the Bengals wanting to trade down and go defense or offensive line.

Could see them selecting someone too. Definitely an interesting pick, hoping they nail it.

For such a crappy season, the Bengals always make the offseason interesting for sure.

33 is one of the best positions to sit because when day 1 closes all teams go back and review their boards. Teams start realizing a guy they had a "can't miss" 1st round grade on is still sitting there, so now they have a whole day to try to work a deal to come up to 33. That usually leads to multiple teams trying to come up so you can decide how far back you will go for your target based on the compensation to do so. 
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2020, 10:30 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Everyone noticed him in the National Championship flying around and making plays.

Queen did basically nothing his entire college career until the last 3 games of this year, and now he's gone from 7th round to 1st round consideration. Kid has bust written all over him.  His sudden rise really shows just how bad this LB class really is.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2020, 01:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: Queen did basically nothing his entire college career until the last 3 games of this year, and now he's gone from 7th round to 1st round consideration. Kid has bust written all over him.  His sudden rise really shows just how bad this LB class really is.

He took over as full-time starter once Devin White went to the NFL.
A reason he wasn't talked about until January was because of what I mentioned but also people didn't expect he'd declare after just one year starting.
It's a gamble for sure. 
And also yes, the LB draft class as a whole is very bad. This may have been a reason why he declared, as he may have a better shot to go earlier this year compared to next year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2020, 01:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He took over as full-time starter once Devin White went to the NFL.
A reason he wasn't talked about until January was because of what I mentioned but also people didn't expect he'd declare after just one year starting.
It's a gamble for sure. 
And also yes, the LB draft class as a whole is very bad. This may have been a reason why he declared, as he may have a better shot to go earlier this year compared to next year.

Queen only had 39 solo tackles all year.  13 of those were in the last 3 games of the year.  He's a one year starter that wasn't that good for most of that one year.  
Reply/Quote
Pass. This is the year I actually wouldn't mind waiting past the second round to grab a LB. Unless Murray somehow drops to 33, then I'm looking hard at who dropped from the 1st round. There will be a lot of guys there. A lot of us will not be happy with who we pick at 33. Maybe look at trade offers. Grab an extra 3rd/4th.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2020, 04:12 PM)Takedown Wrote: Pass. This is the year I actually wouldn't mind waiting past the second round to grab a LB. Unless Murray somehow drops to 33, then I'm looking hard at who dropped from the 1st round. There will be a lot of guys there. A lot of us will not be happy with who we pick at 33. Maybe look at trade offers. Grab an extra 3rd/4th.

Would you be happy trading up for Murray over Queen? I want to see us get our guy at linebacker if possible. And obviously want that guy to pan out. Otherwise we grab a mid round guy and put it off to next year again.

If you combine bringing in Burrow and our first round LT from last year with an FA LB like Littleton and a bottom of the 1st linebacker, i feel like its a good start. Draft a promising G/T with the pick we get for Dalton, as well as a cb and a good defensive line prospect in the 3rd/4th and suddenly we are a lot better—provided we resign AJ and Dennard and Eifert and a few other pending FAs.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2020, 05:13 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Would you be happy trading up for Murray over Queen? I want to see us get our guy at linebacker if possible. And obviously want that guy to pan out. Otherwise we grab a mid round guy and put it off to next year again.

If you combine bringing in Burrow and our first round LT from last year with an FA LB like Littleton and a bottom of the 1st linebacker, i feel like its a good start. Draft a promising G/T with the pick we get for Dalton, as well as a cb and a good defensive line prospect in the 3rd/4th and suddenly we are a lot better—provided we resign AJ and Dennard and Eifert and a few other pending FAs.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Is spot on .
Reply/Quote
If it cost a 4th rounder to get Kenneth Murray, I'd accept that cost.

I'm not sure about the other first round linebackers though. I kind of want an OT in the 2nd if Murray doesn't fall or if we don't trade up for him.

From what I can tell these are the current grades on day 1 and day 2 LBs:
Top 10: Isaiah Simmons
Late first/Early Second: Murray and Queen
Third/Fourth: Troy Dye, Jordyn Brooks, Malik Harrison

So if Murray doesn't reach 33, should we reach for Dye or Harrison or grab an OT or BPA like CB?
Reply/Quote