Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Should work ethic matter for POTUS voters?
(06-19-2024, 04:20 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: It's this type of of response that keeps America from the greatness she deserves. "I'll vote against my own self interest if it hurts people that don't look like me or speak like me."

My whole point of the quote from Robert Reich is that these companies can afford to be taxed more. They'll spend millions into think tanks to come up with ways to convince you that taxation is theft and communism. They'll point out all of these social safety net programs that are eating up the system when in fact, none of them would need to be cut without the exploitive and exclusive Bush and Trump tax cuts. Those companies have proven that they NEVER needed that money. One of the selling points of the tax cuts was the extra money that they were going to have to create more jobs. More GOP bullshit.

This type of blind partisanship is what "keeps America from the greatness she deserves."

Nice trying to make is seem like I am a racist/bigot with the bolded. Unreal.

Blaming one side alone, for issues that have been around for decades is how politics play the masses. You are blaming the GOP, but the Democrats have been in power. Why did they do nothing? Because they are in on it. I believe the same about the Republicans.

So instead of blaming one side and lobbing false claims and accusations, come up with a workable solution.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 07:31 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: This type of blind partisanship is what "keeps America from the greatness she deserves."

Blaming one side alone, for issues that have been around for decades is how politics play the masses. You are blaming the GOP, but the Democrats have been in power. Why did they do nothing? Because they are in on it. I believe the same about the Republicans.

So instead of blaming one side and lobbing false claims and accusations, come up with a workable solution.

This is the difference. You and me both have no issues admitting the faults of any politician or policies. But you have to realize that since you are not lockstep lip locked on Bidens butt and his policies, you ARE a racist, and homophobic, and also all of the 10,000 different words the left seem to sling when they don't get their way. Shame on you for having critical thinking skills, or even common sense. You racist bastard.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 09:39 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: This is the difference. You and me both have no issues admitting the faults of any politician or policies. But you have to realize that since you are not lockstep lip locked on Bidens butt and his policies, you ARE a racist, and homophobic, and also all of the 10,000 different words the left seem to sling when they don't get their way. Shame on you for having critical thinking skills, or even common sense. You racist bastard.

Stylizing Biden as "the worst president in the history of the United States" completely robs you of any credibility as being someone with critical thinking skills or even common sense, and paints you more as just as blindly partisan as any other poster left or right on this subforum. 
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 12:02 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Stylizing Biden as "the worst president in the history of the United States" completely robs you of any credibility as being someone with critical thinking skills or even common sense, and paints you more as just as blindly partisan as any other poster left or right on this subforum. 

Seriously? He makes Jimmy Carter look like Einstein. 
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 12:02 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Stylizing Biden as "the worst president in the history of the United States" completely robs you of any credibility as being someone with critical thinking skills or even common sense, and paints you more as just as blindly partisan as any other poster left or right on this subforum. 

This is new. A liberal labeling someone as stupid, no critical thinking skills. Sarcasm

I have great respect for Harley and guess what we don't always agree. Why do liberals go to personal attacks with people who have a different opinion?

Harley thinks Biden is the worst POTUS in history and so do millions of other people, some independents and some Democrats who dislike his policies so much, they have switched to Trump. i guess Tulsi Gabbard had great critical thinking skills until she left the Democratic party, now she is just dumb in your eyes.

Next week Biden will have an opportunity to prove is smarter and has better critical thinking skills than Trump. Does great critical thinking skills include telling people your uncle was eaten by cannibals?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 12:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Seriously? He makes Jimmy Carter look like Einstein. 

In fairness, I cannot call Biden the worst president, though making that many kids fall so behind in education is an almost traitorous failure to the nation.

He is not calling the shots. He a muppet out there, and has been for the past two years, but the left and media refuse to admit or address it.

They are complicit in elder abuse and no one is stepping up to save what little dignity Joe Biden has left.

It is shameful.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 12:42 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: In fairness, I cannot call Biden the worst president, though making that many kids fall so behind in education is an almost traitorous failure to the nation.

He is not calling the shots. He a muppet out there, and has been for the past two years, but the left and media refuse to admit or address it.

They are complicit in elder abuse and no one is stepping up to save what little dignity Joe Biden has left.

It is shameful.

I don't know. I can't think of anyone who could replace him as being the worst. My comment was off the cuff from what I know about past Presidents. TBH, I haven't studied all presidents and their effects on the country. But, like anything else, it's a matter of opinion. I thought Kennedy and Reagan were great presidents, but many would call me crazy. 
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 12:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don't know. I can't think of anyone who could replace him as being the worst. My comment was off the cuff from what I know about past Presidents. TBH, I haven't studied all presidents and their effects on the country. But, like anything else, it's a matter of opinion. I thought Kennedy and Reagan were great presidents, but many would call me crazy. 

I thought Bill Clinton was a great President. Yes, he had a lot of peronal baggage, but loved his policies.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 12:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Seriously? He makes Jimmy Carter look like Einstein. 

You'll get no argument from me that Biden inspires little confidence as a leader. But his administration is hardly at the level of those widely regarded as among the worst such as Andrew Johnson, Buchanan or Harding.
Reply/Quote

Jimmy Carter was a graduate of the US Naval Academy and worked as a nuclear engineer. He was one of our most intelligent Presidents

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 01:55 PM)pally Wrote: Jimmy Carter was a graduate of the US Naval Academy and worked as a nuclear engineer. He was one of our most intelligent Presidents

Did you WIKI that just to throw your two cents in? He was a moron, with a kind heart.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 02:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Did you WIKI that just to throw your two cents in? He was a moron, with a kind heart.

Why are you and so many other conservatives so afraid of learning something factual?

Like I said . . .  we're trying to protect America from the least informed part of the population.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 03:31 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Why are you and so many other conservatives so afraid of learning something factual?

Like I said . . .  we're trying to protect America from the least informed part of the population.

That's just it. You're not. If you say something, I listen. If anyone else says something, you don't. A one-sided mind is not educational, not factual because you refuse to see things from different angles and perceptions.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 04:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That's just it. You're not. If you say something, I listen. If anyone else says something, you don't. A one-sided mind is not educational, not factual because you refuse to see things from different angles and perceptions.

Careful...

Confront their ideology too much and you will be labeled a racist, sexist, homophobe or slapped with some other slur, as we have see previously in the thread..., 
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 02:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Did you WIKI that just to throw your two cents in? He was a moron, with a kind heart.

wow, unlike others, I've known about Jimmy Carter's background since 1976

You can criticize his performance as President all you want but his failures in the Oval Office weren't due to a lack of intelligence

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 07:31 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: This type of blind partisanship is what "keeps America from the greatness she deserves."

Ummmm . . . that was a response to your comment
Quote:Was it only R aligned businesses that profiteered in this manner?
That thought process never entered my mind . . . you're the one that brought it to the discussion, not me. I'm against all corporations getting too strong and you keep voting in people whose only goal is to make the rich even richer and more powerful. Citizen's United? What citizens benefit from that? Re-label it as "Six rich people trying to run the world through America's corrupt Supreme Court" or "The GOP attempt at turning America into an oligarchy" Morons like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos were created by your backing of the GOP. Who is the next multi=billionaire that rises out of nowhere and decides to buy out the court? You'd better hope he/she isn't a liberal because if you think that they're more loyal to conservative values over money . . . then you haven't been paying attention.
[Image: TrumpRepublicansSouthLawn.jpg]
After passing the tax cuts, Paul Ryan announced his retirement shortly after that . . . Mission Accomplished. No more work to be done, I guess. I remember the GOP having another group celebration photo when they FINALLY selected a replacement speaker . . .  do you recall any group photos for announcing anything for the American people? I don't remember any other group photos other than the VP candidates running to New York in their embarrassing attempt to be the next scapegoat for Donald Trump.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 04:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That's just it. You're not. If you say something, I listen. If anyone else says something, you don't. A one-sided mind is not educational, not factual because you refuse to see things from different angles and perceptions.

I don't think that you pay enough attention in here.

Someone will post a link from Fox News, thinking that they are informing us about something because Fox News knows that their viewership doesn't fact check them. (I'll dig up that information for you if you really think that it will make a difference in your intake of information, but I'm a bit skeptical that it will change anything)
Others will debunk that Fox News link with info that was available for several days.
Either the thread dies a natural death or they get accused of "Not accepting other viewpoints" or being "Close minded" or "One-sided"
And then repeat this over and over again.

It's to the point where it appears that "I made a Liberal* take the time to go look up shit to prove me wrong" is some type of successful Ted Cruz style embarrassment fetish that has evolved through much of the MAGA base.

* - A Liberal in today's world is often anyone that doesn't fit into MAGA land and who also isn't a Liberal aligned RINO. Whether they are a Democrat or a lifelong Independent, they are still labeled as the enemy, and not as "people with different viewpoints".
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 09:45 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Ummmm . . . that was a response to your comment
That thought process never entered my mind . . . you're the one that brought it to the discussion, not me. I'm against all corporations getting too strong and you keep voting in people whose only goal is to make the rich even richer and more powerful. Citizen's United? What citizens benefit from that? Re-label it as "Six rich people trying to run the world through America's corrupt Supreme Court" or "The GOP attempt at turning America into an oligarchy" Morons like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos were created by your backing of the GOP. Who is the next multi=billionaire that rises out of nowhere and decides to buy out the court? You'd better hope he/she isn't a liberal because if you think that they're more loyal to conservative values over money . . . then you haven't been paying attention.
[Image: TrumpRepublicansSouthLawn.jpg]
After passing the tax cuts, Paul Ryan announced his retirement shortly after that . . . Mission Accomplished. No more work to be done, I guess. I remember the GOP having another group celebration photo when they FINALLY selected a replacement speaker . . .  do you recall any group photos for announcing anything for the American people? I don't remember any other group photos other than the VP candidates running to New York in their embarrassing attempt to be the next scapegoat for Donald Trump.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2024, 08:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If being on a stage in front of crowds is what makes a president, I think we should all vote for Billy Joel.  Dude has played like a zillion sold out shows.

All jokes until we actually end up with President-Elect Swift winning the 2032 election when all her fans are old enough to vote.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2024, 08:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: All jokes until we actually end up with President-Elect Swift winning the 2032 election when all her fans are old enough to vote.

No way America would be crazy enough to elect a third celebrity to the White House.
Reply/Quote