Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB getting wrapped up and getting out of it
Think I counted 3 times Bengals had Flacco wrapped up and he somehow got out of it. Think it was Atkins. I think it's at the point where the defenders were afraid to get flagged. If there this into protecting the Quarterbacks then why not blow the play dead when the defender has his arms around him.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:27 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Think I counted 3 times Bengals had Flacco wrapped up and he somehow got out of it. Think it was Atkins. I think it's at the point where the defenders were afraid to get flagged. If there this into protecting the Quarterbacks then why not blow the play dead when the defender has his arms around him.

As many have said, bring, "in the grasp," back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
And we play another huge QB in Cam Newton next game...

Reply/Quote
Yep I saw 2 or 3 plays where it appeared our rush let up and I'd bet it's flag fear.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:30 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep I saw 2 or 3 plays where it appeared our rush let up and I'd bet it's flag fear.

Yrah it has to be in there heads now at this point,  especially Dunlap. 
Reply/Quote
There was a play when the "In The Grasp Rule" was in effect and some defender had Steve McNair wrapped up good and then just let go of him allowing McNair run for a first down. I think it was McNair anyway.

Anyway, the play above is why the rule was removed or it was one of the reasons.

The league is getting to the point though where defenders are going to be afraid to breath on QB's. They should just put a flag on each hip and call it a day.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I think it was more of guys were wide open underneath and we're easy throws.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:38 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I think it was more of guys were wide open underneath and we're easy throws.

No such thing as an easy throw when you have guy’s like Los and Geno hanging off you. The rules don’t help, but sometimes you just have to give credit to a big strong QB for not going down (or panicking).

Reply/Quote
The whole problem with the rules at present is big QBs are way overprotected and so are running QBs. Especially now that defenders can't apply their weight to the tackle.
Reply/Quote
Everybody has to follow the same dumb rules. Yeah I hate these new rules, but the Ravens got called for a ticky tack one tonight too. Geno needs to just make the adjustment where he's wrapping those arms up
Reply/Quote
Andy was chucked to the ground after the ball was gone and there was no case to be made for momentum of the defender. Where the zebras messed up was calling the wrong penalty - it was either unnecessary roughness or unsportsmanlike conduct.
Reply/Quote
Hell, the refs were calling penalties on just pushing the QB down. I think teams are afraid of just touching the QB this year. I noticed that Atkins has a style of wrapping up the QB and throwing him down by the side. Seemed to work but does allow the QB more time to complete the pass.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Flacco is 6-6, 245. He has always been hard to bring down.

I don't think it has anything to do with new rules. Defenders are more cautious (and they should be) about late hits on a QB or pounding them into the ground, but that does not have anything to do with wrapping up a QB and bringing him down.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:27 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Think I counted 3 times Bengals had Flacco wrapped up and he somehow got out of it. Think it was Atkins. I think it's at the point where the defenders were afraid to get flagged. If there this into protecting the Quarterbacks then why not blow the play dead when the defender has his arms around him.

I said the same thing to my wife on a play where Atkins was headed straight up Flacco but then went off to the side and he ended up getting out of it and was able to throw the ball.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:28 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: As many have said, bring, "in the grasp," back.

Yep, I've said it.  If you aren't going to allow these guys to make football plays, not actual unnecessary hits, mind you, then you must even the playing field.  Call 'em in the grasp.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Cam will be a tough one to bring down. Only good thing is their offensive line is said to be worse than Baltimore. So, we will see if that's the case.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:30 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep I saw 2 or 3 plays where it appeared our rush let up and I'd bet it's flag fear.

You know it, PUT DRESSES ON 'EM!
Reply/Quote