Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shout out to the current sack leader...Carlos Dunlap!
(10-19-2015, 02:08 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Does anyone remember the last time the Bengals had someone with 16 sacks??

I remember the last time I thought we had one of the best DEs in the league.  .  .  .  

Dunlap's rookie season.  He had 8.5 sacks over the last 6 games.  That spoiled me.  He has been good since then, but not the perennial All Pro I was expecting. 
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 05:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I remember the last time I thought we had one of the best DEs in the league.  .  .  .  

Dunlap's rookie season.  He had 8.5 sacks over the last 6 games.  That spoiled me.  He has been good since then, but not the perennial All Pro I was expecting. 

Looks like he's turning into that guy now.  He learned a lot from Chuck Smith and he decided he wanted to be the best and did a lot of extra work in the offseason, spent time looking at every down he played and analyzed every pass rush to find that split second he was missing by last year.  Love how he is stepping up when it matters most.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think we have to credit a healthy Atkins, M.Johnson, Thompson and even a reinvented Peko as they all are contributing nicely to Dunlap's success.
Reply/Quote
Carlos!!!  Awesome BABY!!!!!  BOOOOOMMMM!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Carlos is one of my favs. Geno is helping him with inside work this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 11:32 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Right now he's leading the NFL with 6.5 sacks. We're seeing Dunlap in his prime and he's an animal. Tiger

Hoping he can keep it up! No reason why he can't I bet the rotation will help keep him fresh late in the season.

Sweet. Honestly no surprise cause i always thought he could be one of the best Ends in the league.

His power, size, speed and overall disruptiveness are elite and him being next to a Geno Atkins helps him out.

He has learned to finish tackles this year which was his problem last season.
Reply/Quote