Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Showers Sunday Helps Bengals Or Steelers?
I read that the forecast on game day will be very wet. Is this advantageous to the Bengals or Steelers for the game opener?
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 03:12 AM)GodFather Wrote: I read that the forecast on game day will be very wet. Is this advantageous to the Bengals or Steelers for the game opener?

Well our passing game is better in my opinion so I'd say it helps the Steelers. But I do hope our running game will be better with the improvements to the offensive line. I think we have the better RB as well, and we better have the better offensive line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Us, we are built to run the ball on these guys.

Also, Burrow has a special way he throws the ball in the rain that he keeps secret. Remember this in the Simms interview.
Reply/Quote
Never been a big believer in the rain helps or hurts one team more than the other. It's wet for both.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 12:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Never been a big believer in the rain helps or hurts one team more than the other. It's wet for both.

Yes, but we should be significantly better in the passing game than them. Rain/weather can make that margin closer than good weather. 
Reply/Quote
Burrow's small hands are built for playing in the rain..... Ninja
Reply/Quote
Slippery ball helps no one... rushing receiving or passing.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 01:32 PM)Synric Wrote: Slippery ball helps no one... rushing receiving or passing.

Meh, just take a little air out of it!
Reply/Quote
One thing that will be different this opening day than most other home games against the Stealers, is I expect there to be very little piss yellow in the stands.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 12:46 PM)TheFan Wrote: Yes, but we should be significantly better in the passing game than them. Rain/weather can make that margin closer than good weather. 

disagree that just makes it worse for both but at their skill level... so the gap is still there plus we have better WRs,, rain is worse for DBs since WR knows their route already.... so edge to us there in the rain
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 03:09 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: disagree that just makes it worse for both but at their skill level... so the gap is still there plus we have better WRs,, rain is worse for DBs since WR knows their route already.... so edge to us there in the rain

This for sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 03:12 AM)GodFather Wrote: I read that the forecast on game day will be very wet. Is this advantageous to the Bengals or Steelers for the game opener?

Current artificial fields drain much better than grass or older turf. Unless it's a downpour, it won't affect either team. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The newest forecast has the rain holding off until evening but the bigger concern isn't rain. It is the forecast for thunderstorms which could delay the game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 05:52 PM)pally Wrote: The newest forecast has the rain holding off until evening but the bigger concern isn't rain.  It is the forecast for thunderstorms which could delay the game

Man, I hope we don't have a weather delay...
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati fans worry about showers affecting ball security.

Pittsburgh fans don’t understand the meaning of the word “shower.” That’s why they stink.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 12:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Also, Burrow has a special way he throws the ball in the rain that he keeps secret.

He simply stretches out his hands over the field and the water parts for him to throw through.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 07:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Cincinnati fans worry about showers affecting ball security.

Pittsburgh fans don’t understand the meaning of the word “shower.”  That’s why they stink.

[Image: 1328554698663.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Seems unsure footing would help the passing game. The receivers know where they're going, the defender must react.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I think it helps us just because it's the first game of the season, new QB for them, and I just think anything to make life more difficult in the passing game and with communication will benefit us (rain is louder and just makes everything more difficult).

I think our new line hammers it home with Mixon and keeps them off balance!

The start of the game was supposed to be dry but then rain by half. I haven't looked in the past few hours but, with the way weather is here, it could end up being the hottest and clearest day of the year, or it could also be the stormiest.

The crippled section is covered, so I'm good either way!
Reply/Quote