Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ShracerX Mock 5.0 with 2 trades
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 18 (MINN): Lawrence, Dexter, DT, Clemson (B+)

He was, by far, the best talent still on the board.  Although not as sexy as a burner DE, or a penetrating DT, this guy clogs up the middle and has amazing quickness for such a big man.  A better Peko.  This team has had issues at DT since Peko, and Lawrence improves the ability of those behind him and next to him by eating blockers and plugging the middle.

Round 2 Pick 10: Little, Greg, OT/OG, Mississippi (A-)

LT of the future.  He will compete with Cajuste to push for starting time at RT but will be the long-term answer at LT and back up Glenn in the immediate future.

Round 2 Pick 14 (WASH): Love, Julian, CB, Notre Dame (A-)

Outstanding, instinctual cover CB that was asked to do a lot for the Irish.  Leon Hall 2.0 with more speed and athleticism.

Round 2 Pick 18 (MINN): Cajuste, Yodny, OT, West Virginia (B+)

RT of the future that will push for starting time in Year 1.

Round 3 Pick 8: Long Jr., David, ILB/OLB, West Virginia (C+)

C+?  I could care less what First pick thinks of him, this guy is instinctive and lethal in his striking ability.  Had to cover a variety of options in wide open Big 12, and is one of the most underrated cover LBs in the draft.  From Cincinnati.

Round 4 Pick 8: Grier, Will, QB, West Virginia (A+)

Dalton's backup.  Couldn't believe he was still there...he won't be in reality.

Round 5 Pick 11: Long, David, CB, Michigan (A+)

Classic football player.  Doesn't test ridiculous numbers but is a fantastic slot CB and will learn behind Dennard and provide quality backup depth.  Could start and lead to Dennard's release if Dennard falls back or has difficulty staying healthy.  Dennard won't be able to rest on his contract with Love breathing down his neck.  A great competitor.

Round 6 Pick 10: Jennings Jr, Gary, WR, West Virginia (A+)

The back end guys on the WR roster won't be able to rest with these two guys coming in...

Round 6 Pick 25: Boykin, Miles, WR, Notre Dame (A+)

Ditto

Round 6 Pick 37 (COMP): Bars, Alex, OG, Notre Dame (A+)

Underrated because of lack of playing time, but a quality developmental player with experience at both RT and RG

Round 6 Pick 38 (COMP): Daniels, Darrion, DT, Oklahoma State (A+)

Quality depth player with potential to surprise.

Round 6 Pick 40 (COMP): Gilbert III, Ulysees, OLB, Akron (A)

Burner with great tenacity.  Will push for starting time over Evans and Nickerson.

Round 7 Pick 9: Ferguson, Jazz, WR, Northwestern State (A+)

Former LSU WR that got his shit together later....praised for growth and maturity after pissing away chance at LSU.  Love LSU receivers that never got much of a chance in college....always underrated
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oddly enough, I think the best DT fit for us is Lawrence. Ed Oliver would be a tempting replacement for Geno in time, but Lawrence would help immediately next to Geno
Reply/Quote
I don't get the need for a nose Billings is good and so is Glasgow. If anything we need a 3T that can fill in for Geno when he is resting.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 02:16 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Oddly enough, I think the best DT fit for us is Lawrence.  Ed Oliver would be a tempting replacement for Geno in time, but Lawrence would help immediately next to Geno

I think Oliver is special, especially when you see his impact even when always drawing double teams and, sometimes, triple teams...

I think if he slips to #11 and White is gone, the Bengals will take him....

However, if he and White are both gone, rather than reach for Bush ( Hilarious), I would like to see a trade back and get an additional 2nd rounder that can hopefully be a guy like Greg Little.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote