Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Does Your Ideal 1st Round Look Like?
I know that most of the folks on these boards are praying that we select a LB or another defender with our first round pick at #11. Personally, this is what I would like to see...

Trade #11 and move back into the late teens or early twenties (I could see a team like the Vikings or Chargers making a move like this). Worst case scenario we would pick up another 3rd, but ideally another 2nd round pick.

Wherever we slide back into in the 1st, my personal favorite OL prospect in this draft is Dalton Risner. From a technique perspective he can't be beat in this draft, and his game is so well rounded he is a plug and play type of player on the right side of the OL (I see him as our RT of the future).

I would the go after Dexter Lawrence with our pick in the second. If our extra pick is in the late second round, I would target a guy like S/CB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson.
If it was a third, I would go after Germaine Pratt/Te'von Coney (or both) and the top rated CB on the board.

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Ideal first round is Jawaan Taylor sitting there for us at #11.
Reply/Quote
Ideal first round?

If Joey Bosa, Quinnen Williams, or Josh Allen all of a sudden get caught with some Mary Jane or giving the "suck it" sign to random people on the street which causes one of them to drop to 11. Or if Jeffery Simmons' acl is healed by a witch doctor or better yet a time traveler.

...I would take Jeffery Simmons at 42.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ideal first round is hearing Devin White or Jonah Williams selected at 11.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The ideal 1st round for the Bengals would be to turn 11th pick into two picks before their second round slot. If they are able to turn those 3 picks into Bush or Wilson (LB), Little or Risner (OT), and Smith (TE), or Lindstrom (G), it would go a long way in improving the team.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
2 arms, 2 legs and 1 head....
Reply/Quote
This would have been an easy question if Marvin was still here, but it's tougher with him not around. Reason being is that we know that a rookie isn't going to unseat a veteran.

That being said, I look at guys that I would love to have - a right tackle, upgrade at G, LB... In Marvins camp, these guys wouldn't see significant playing time.

I have a hard time thinking that they go OT in round 1 anymore (or even O-line) since they have put money into Hart and Miller. Price is young and will be given every opportunity to build on his play prior to getting hurt. I think a lineman rides the bench all year.

That brings me to the obvious choice - linebacker. I think this is in play since they can rotate guys, but with Vigil and Brown, how much do they put a rookie on the field? As far as I'm concerned just 3rd down to play the pass would be worth the pick.

All that being said, I wouldn't mind Ed Oliver if he's there as he is an immediate rotational piece. I also would be ok with an edge rusher or TE - if it was Hockenson.

If I was a fan of a normal team, things would be much different, but I want to see the guy we draft get on the field and make a difference.
Reply/Quote
To pick a player that actively and positively performs in his first year for us.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Ideal would be Oliver at 11- I don't think 3T is a need with Ringo and Atkins there but Oliver would be special for anyone.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 02:07 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: This would have been an easy question if Marvin was still here, but it's tougher with him not around.  Reason being is that we know that a rookie isn't going to unseat a veteran.

That being said, I look at guys that I would love to have - a right tackle, upgrade at G, LB...  In Marvins camp, these guys wouldn't see significant playing time.

I have a hard time thinking that they go OT in round 1 anymore (or even O-line) since they have put money into Hart and Miller.  Price is young and will be given every opportunity to build on his play prior to getting hurt.  I think a lineman rides the bench all year.

That brings me to the obvious choice - linebacker.  I think this is in play since they can rotate guys, but with Vigil and Brown, how much do they put a rookie on the field?  As far as I'm concerned just 3rd down to play the pass would be worth the pick.

All that being said, I wouldn't mind Ed Oliver if he's there as he is an immediate rotational piece.  I also would be ok with an edge rusher or TE - if it was Hockenson.

If I was a fan of a normal team, things would be much different, but I want to see the guy we draft get on the field and make a difference.

Wilkins or Oliver if the Bengals go DT at 11.  Wilkins is going to be a beast in the NFL.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote