Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shula won meaningless year-end games too...
(12-25-2020, 08:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I honestly think there's less of a difference than you might imagine...

Better record, but much weaker Strength of Schedule. -0.03 (18th in NFL) in 2020 vs 1.47 (5th in NFL) in 2019 according to PFR.
Actually the exact same ranking on scoring offense (30th) between the two years.
True the defense is 6 ranks higher in 2020 (19th vs 25th).
True they beat the Steelers.

It's pretty much a wash. They are both really bad teams.

Yep. 2 wins and 3.5 wins are both BAD Teams.

It's funny people point to the Steelers game as turning the corner. A bad Cowboys team beat us 30-7. And the Dolphins loss may have been the worst in the Taylor era.

So out of 3 games, 2 really bad losses and 1 good win...and people weight the win.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2020, 09:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. 2 wins and 3.5 wins are both BAD Teams.

It's funny people point to the Steelers game as turning the corner. A bad Cowboys team beat us 30-7. And the Dolphins loss may have been the worst in the Taylor era.

So out of 3 games, 2 really bad losses and 1 good win...and people weight the win.

Sometimes it takes a team to hit rock bottom, in order for them to find their pride and begin the road to greatness.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If you been a fan long enough you know this is what the bengals do when they have had a horrible season they win at the end to make you optimistic about next year. Then what do you know we start terrible again. But when we have a winning season then we lose at the end losing importing seed determining games and losing every playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2020, 09:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sometimes it takes a team to hit rock bottom, in order for them to find their pride and begin the road to greatness.

Bengals management is fighting it out with the Lions for the worst record over the past 30 years. Is that rock bottom? Can we expect them, combined with one of the worst coaching staffs in NFL history to figure things out?

I think what we end up seeing as their 'greatness' being 8-8 or 9-7. I don't see Zac being able to outcoach playoff coaches.
Reply/Quote