Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Shut up, Pacman...
"
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000621604/article/pacman-ill-apologize-to-antonio-brown-if-he-sits-out
Adam "Pacman" Jones is ready to apologize to Antonio Brown ... possibly.

Jones, who seems to be taking part in a social experiment to determine how quickly one can wipe away years of goodwill accumulation, said on Showtime's Inside The NFL that he will issue an apology to Brown if the Steelers wide receiver does not play in this weekend's Divisional-Round matchup against the Broncos.

Brown suffered a concussion on an illegal hit by Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict late in the fourth quarter of Pittsburgh's stunning 18-16 win. Jones -- who drew a back-breaking personal foul moments after Brown was injured -- said Monday he believed Brown had faked his injury to draw the flag.

"I will (apologize) if he don't play," Jones told Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall in an interview that will air Tuesday night. "But you know and I know that when Saturday gets here all that is going out the window. ... When Saturday gets here, he will be cleared Friday -- I promise you -- 24 hours before the game."

The game will actually be played Sunday, and that's not the only thing Jones has wrong. Medical professionals diagnosed Brown with a brain injury caused by the head-hunting ways that led to Burfict's three-game suspension.

Adam Jones needs to collect his wife and family and go to an island for 7-to-10 days. I cannot stress enough how beneficial disappearing can be to the 32-year-old's career.
"
This guy really needs to stop sticking his foot in his mouth. Do I think the hit was the worst thing ever? Far from it. Do I think Pacman's flag was earned? Maybe, but it should have been offsetting with Porter.

But seriously, in the last three days we've got
"Jerry Porter"
"Antonio Bryant"
"Acting should have given him a Grammy (????)"
"Be ready to play for Saturday's game" (He's playing the chiefs vs new england, I guess)
"Antonio winked at me"

Seriously Jones... please... stop talking. If you hated the way it was officiated, so do I! But now you're just making yourself look stupid.
Reply/Quote
99.9% he is right. If Brown was really in the "concussion protocol" he would have been in a dark room instead of laughing and grab assing with his teammates in the locker room after the game. Pacman knows this and the Broncos know this. No doubt he will be on the field and this will all be exposed as a ruse Sunday. Steelers are playing the victim as usual.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:34 PM)CJ2etc Wrote: 99.9% he is right.  If Brown was really in the "concussion protocol" he would have been in a dark room instead of laughing and grab assing with his teammates in the locker room after the game.  Pacman knows this and the Broncos know this.  No doubt he will be on the field and this will all be exposed as a ruse Sunday.  Steelers are playing the victim as usual.

It's nice to know that you know about concussions more than medical staff, despite concussions having many possible effects. When one suffers the first few, in fact, there are many symptoms that only a medical professional can see (and this is Brown's first). It is also usually the case that as you get more of them, they take longer to recover from. Do you remember Vontaze trying to still PLAY THE GAME concussed? Because I do. How the heck could he not be in the locker room if Burfict could still PLAY with one?

No, you're playing the victim now.

Also, I would check Jones for concussion with all the nonsense he said in the past few days.... I don't recall him ever getting like... every single name and fact about everything wrong.
Reply/Quote
Jones made a stupid penalty, but this is dead-on and I'd love to see the NFL Network or ESPN comment on it, but you know they won't because it's the Steelers.

I'm behind Jones on this one.
Reply/Quote
I'm on Jones' side also.
There are alot of people trying to say he's an idiot now... but the truth has a way of coming out, and it will.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
If Brown really was diagnosed with a concussion he would be in concussion protocol and not already good to go.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:57 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: If Brown really was diagnosed with a concussion he would be in concussion protocol and not already good to go.

I don't know where you got this information. According to all sources, he IS in concussion protocol.
Neither he nor Ben are a lock for next weeks game, and Williams is still doubtful.
Reply/Quote
I think it's more the Steelers skirting around the protocol than Brown faking it. He got rocked. If the Steelers put him out there against DEN they're deliberately risking a players brain health for a win at a game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:11 AM)treee Wrote: I think it's more the Steelers skirting around the protocol than Brown faking it. He got rocked. If the Steelers put him out there against DEN they're deliberately risking a players brain health for a win at a game.

That could be the case. But even if he plays, people do recover, sometimes, within a week after the first concussion. I just don't like the "if he plays, then he faked" dichotomoy, I guess. Also, I have a problem with Joey Porter and the refs... not brown. I am totally there that the refs screwed the pooch, I wish his vitriol was aimed at them, because when he aims it elsewhere, it makes both arguments look worker.
Reply/Quote
You guys do realize that players work out while in the protocol, right?  Part of the test is to see how they react to physical activity.

Brown may have been faking, but none of you guys have a clue if he is or not.  You are all just guessing, and you have a fifty percent chance of being correct about him playing in the next game.  But that still, does not mean he was faking.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You guys do realize that players work out while in the protocol, right?  Part of the test is to see how they react to physical activity.

Brown may have been faking, but none of you guys have a clue if he is or not.  You are all just guessing.

Fair enough, but that doesn't usually come until at least a few days after. And even then it's light aerobic work. 24 hours after the game there were multiple reports that Brown was good to go for the game.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:35 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote:  24 hours after the game there were multiple reports that Brown was good to go for the game.

From who?  I haven't seen anything like this.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:03 AM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: I don't know where you got this information. According to all sources, he IS in concussion protocol.
Neither he nor Ben are a lock for next weeks game, and Williams is still doubtful.

I pray you're right about that; but I doubt it still.  
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:27 PM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: But seriously, in the last three days we've got
"Jerry Porter"
"Antonio Bryant"
"Acting should have given him a Grammy (????)"
"Be ready to play for Saturday's game" (He's playing the chiefs vs new england, I guess)
"Antonio winked at me"

Seriously Jones... please... stop talking. If you hated the way it was officiated, so do I! But now you're just making yourself look stupid.

Is Jerry porter related to Joey porter in any way?

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:38 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Is Jerry porter related to Joey porter in any way?

No, that's the point. These are things he's said. He called Joey Porter Jerry Porter... Antonio Brown Antonio Bryant... in other words, he doesn't seem like the type be accepting information from.

Regardless, someone on this board literally said AB is "good to go" on Sunday, but I have seen ZERO reports of this. According to all conferences, he is NOT good to go this week. He isn't out, either. And he hasn't yet worked out at all.

We're as good at spreading misinformation as what we keep screaming about, apparently.

Also, Joey Porter didn't get a game ball, that was another rumor someone made up.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:03 AM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: I don't know where you got this information. According to all sources, he IS in concussion protocol.

From a Pittsburgh Post Gazette article post just twenty four hours after the hit:

Also, All-Pro receiver Antonio Brown, who was put in concussion protocol after a hit to the helmet by Burfict following an incomplete pass, is said to be fine and should be able to play against the Broncos.

Article link

His is in the protocol still, but it's seriously fishy that he was reported as 'fine' and able to play just the day after the hit.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:45 AM)gobobro Wrote: From a Pittsburgh Post Gazette article post just twenty four hours after the hit:

Also, All-Pro receiver Antonio Brown, who was put in concussion protocol after a hit to the helmet by Burfict following an incomplete pass, is said to be fine and should be able to play against the Broncos.

Article link

His is in the protocol still, but it's seriously fishy that he was reported as 'fine' and able to play just the day after the hit.

Well, apparently that's a garbage article considering in today's press conference they're proceedng with the game plan as if he were unavailable.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:35 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Fair enough, but that doesn't usually come until at least a few days after. And even then it's light aerobic work. 24 hours after the game there were multiple reports that Brown was good to go for the game.

Initial reports were that he was ok and good to go. Then came the Pacman interview and the faking. Then, poof, all the sudden he's in concussion protocol. 

Doesn't sound sketchy at all. Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:48 AM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: Well, apparently that's a garbage article considering in today's press conference they're proceedng with the game plan as if he were unavailable.

There's also the very real possibility that first article was dead on, and they're backing away from it because people are wondering if if he just might have faked it. Dulac has been a beat writer there for years and years. No way he just made something up. 
Reply/Quote
Here's my opinion: Either Brown faked it, and Jones and Burfict deserve a sliver of a break, or he's concussed and the Steelers have a way of snowing the concussion protocols.

I like that Jones has put the spotlight on Pittsburgh and Brown's availability come Sunday. If he indeed plays, the national media that's been roasting Cincinnati needs to start asking questions of Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote