Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick Around the World
This is almost a decade old, now, but I thought it would be good to share. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sickaroundtheworld/

This compares our healthcare system with others around the world, five in particular. One thing I noticed immediately was that all five removed the profit incentive from basic health insurance coverage. Whether the coverage was in the private sector or the public, the profiting on basic health insurance coverage is gone.

What kind of takeaways do you take from this?

FYI, the video is about an hour long, so just feel free to bum around the site some, instead.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I have no doubt we will be on single payer soon. Republicans do not have the courage to do what is right. The only question becomes if we go British style or Swedish style. Hopefully it's the Swedish style if we go that route.
(06-27-2017, 07:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have no doubt we will be on single payer soon.  Republicans do not have the courage to do what is right.   The only question becomes if we go British style or Swedish style.    Hopefully it's the Swedish style if we go that route.

No other options? What is Swedish style, and what is "right"?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]