Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick to my stomach
Participation Trophies for every one!
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 10:05 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: Yeah, the Driskel call was atrocious.  A better team would have punched it in from a foot out on 4th down.  The Bengals, of course, get a false start and settle for 3.  They have no one to blame but themselves.

That's not true at all.  They did punch it in.  The officials had to pull one out of their asses to take a legit TD away.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'm thinking you probably get better odds betting on Gilligans Island reruns.. 
Will Ginger actually take off her blouse and show us her knockers or will MaryAnne? It's an over and underwear kind of bet..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Officiating is horrible everywhere. And the rules they keep coming up with are nonsensical. We just notice it a lot more against us. Steelers got robbed last week against the Chargers. Hey so did the Browns. Ref actually got fired for that one. Maybe it’s a Charger/AFC North thing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 09:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's funny...we've played VERY bad for 5-6 weeks and we have a respectable performance that we lose and fans are complaining that we blew an opportunity to get back in the playoff hunt.

With the Raiders and Browns...anything is possible...

But, THIS is not a playoff quality team.

Exactly, we're not even in the same galaxy as a playoff team.

(12-09-2018, 10:05 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: Yeah, the Driskel call was atrocious.  A better team would have punched it in from a foot out on 4th down.  The Bengals, of course, get a false start and settle for 3.  They have no one to blame but themselves.

Again exactly !

Several false starts, a couple a critical times. An offsides by the D that gave them a FG. This game wasn't stolen, they gave it away in true Bungal Merv led fashion. No discipline at all, ever.

I do hope they lose out. I'm just praying it puts at least a tiny bit of pressure on MB to put an end to this shit show.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 10:01 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Can’t think of any that directly took 6 points off the board.

Me either, Just think Marvin was about to lead the crew to 4 straight wins and the playoffs too!
Reply/Quote
for all of you winebags out there, IT WAS BURFICTS FAULT ALL THE WAY!!!! Whatever

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 10:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: To everyone saying the call was wrong on the Driskell run... you are in fact wrong. In the NfL’s Attempt to continue to protect QB’s this year a QB sliding or diving is considered to be giving themselves up. When he went into his dive he was short and therefor it wasn’t a TD.

The whole Refs are out to get us narrative is childish and played out.

Everyone knows the rule, it's expanding it to the goal line that's a joke. Not to mention I've never seen it called before and probably never will again. To use the same rule as giving up at mid field as to the goal line when other rules differ when the goal line comes into play is insane. Maybe if we had a coach with some balls the refs may think twice about calling such BS. But as long as ole Marv keeps clapping we will continue to be shit on.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 10:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Officiating is horrible everywhere. And the rules they keep coming up with are nonsensical. We just notice it a lot more against us. Steelers got robbed last week against the Chargers. Hey so did the Browns. Ref actually got fired for that one. Maybe it’s a Charger/AFC North thing.

I don’t believe it, there’s an obvious conspiracy against the Bengals. After all, it’s the only way any team would beat the Bengals. It’s a nasty rumor that other teams also get jobbed by refs.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 10:26 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Everyone knows the rule, it's expanding it to the goal line that's a joke. Not to mention I've never seen it called before and probably never will again. To use the same rule as giving up at mid field as to the goal line when other rules differ when the goal line comes into play is insane. Maybe if we had a coach with some balls the refs may think twice about calling such BS. But as long as ole Marv keeps clapping we will continue to be shit on.

It’s the rule. There were tons of articles written about its impact in that very instance before the season started and no one cared. The NFL and the Refs aren’t out to get the team as much as people want to play the victim.
Reply/Quote
We don’t deserve it honestly
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 09:42 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Marvin saved his job today. Mikie Shaw him cover the spread so they did better than expected against a play off team.  2 more years

Oh thank God for a minute there i thought Hue Jackson was going to be our coach.

:giggle:

Reply/Quote
I just hoped we didn’t get embarrassed today. I’m satisfied with the outcome. At least we (wait for it)...

Did some good things?

Ugh!

Yes, we missed a chance to get back into it.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 10:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: To everyone saying the call was wrong on the Driskell run... you are in fact wrong. In the NfL’s Attempt to continue to protect QB’s this year a QB sliding or diving is considered to be giving themselves up. When he went into his dive he was short and therefor it wasn’t a TD.

Ball was over the line, when the knee touched.

Blatantly even.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

It’s also where his body makes contact with the ground. The ball was to the plane of the goal line when his knee finally hit so....
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:19 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: It’s also where his body makes contact with the ground. The ball was to the plane of the goal line when his knee finally hit so....

And he wasn't giving anything up.  He was diving for the end zone.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
I don’t think Driskel was giving himself up on that rushing touchdown.The analysts even said they didn’t think he was giving himself up.Sliding,Yes.Rushing the football,No.Add the extra 4 points for the touchdown,then you convert on one of the failed 2 point conversion attempts and we win the game.
Reply/Quote
If Driskel is “giving himself up” then so is Tater Ben here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ze6c7fjiQ-8
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:19 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: It’s also where his body makes contact with the ground. The ball was to the plane of the goal line when his knee finally hit so....

Actually, according to the new ABSOLUTELY STUPID rule...

"the ball will be spotted at the point where the player began to dive."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/04/nfl-rules-will-now-treat-head-first-dives-like-feet-first-slides/
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:29 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Actually, according to the new ABSOLUTELY STUPID rule...

"the ball will be spotted at the point where the player began to dive."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/04/nfl-rules-will-now-treat-head-first-dives-like-feet-first-slides/
That is if he's giving himself up.  No player diving for the end zone is giving himself up.  Has this ever been called on the goal line for anybody before today?

Reply/Quote