Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sidebar on Today's Games
(01-08-2017, 04:53 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Not even watching. Dislike all teams.

Same here. Got involved in joyful family time at the party. Came home and started a movie from Netflix.

I will probably watch next week when they play the Chiefs at KC.
Reply/Quote
I watched the Lions for my Wife's sake last night and now I'm done. It seemed the fix was in for the Seahawks with more terribly one-sided officiating. I'm sick of seeing NE, GB, Seattle, and Pitt get deep in the playoffs every year, and I'm sick of one-sided officiating when one team is "marquee" and the other is not. I won't be giving the NFL any help with ratings from here on.

I even talked to a Lions fan last night that said the Bengals were hosed in the playoffs last year. So it's not just our fan base that sees it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I watched the Lions for my Wife's sake last night and now I'm done. It seemed the fix was in for the Seahawks with more terribly one-sided officiating. I'm sick of seeing NE, GB, Seattle, and Pitt get deep in the playoffs every year, and I'm sick of one-sided officiating when one team is "marquee" and the other is not. I won't be giving the NFL any help with ratings from here on.

I even talked to a Lions fan last night that said the Bengals were hosed in the playoffs last year. So it's not just our fan base that sees it.

There is definately biased officiating going on but the Lions didn't lose cause of the refs, they just got beat.

I wish i was like you Shake and didn't care but i just love watching football. Can't just quit.

I am still rooting for the Chiefs and Packers to make it to the SB. If it is the Pats/Stooler vs Cowboys i will puke.

Rooting for the Falcons as well. Anyone but the Cowboys, Pats or Stoolers.
Reply/Quote
I will be completely fine with ANY team making it to the SB except for the Stoolers. I can't stand them and they are poised to be very very good for years to come. Pricks.

Must be nice to be a fan of an organization that DEMANDS competitiveness and winning.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:46 PM)Whacked Wrote: I will be completely fine with ANY team making it to the SB except for the Stoolers.  I can't stand them and they are poised to be very very good for years to come. Pricks.

Must be nice to be a fan of an organization that DEMANDS competitiveness and winning.

They are scum and their fans are even worse scum. Bandwagon scum.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They are scum and their fans are even worse scum. Bandwagon scum.

LMAO
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty sure a Pats/Steelers AFCCG has already been preordained by Saint Roger. So for me, there's no point in watching.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:55 PM)Earendil Wrote: I'm pretty sure a Pats/Steelers AFCCG has already been preordained by Saint Roger.  So for me, there's no point in watching.

It is likely. The problem for the Stoolers is they have to play the Chiefs in their place next week.

That isn't the Dolphins Defense. Hoping for a beatdown. Justin Houston and company beating the shit out of Pig Pen.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There is definately biased officiating going on but the Lions didn't lose cause of the refs, they just got beat.

Maybe so, but don't be fooled by the final score. The game was close until late, and 2 of those bad calls by the officials literally flip flopped the score.

I do think the Seahawks outplayed the Lions for the most part, but with fair and balanced officiating, who knows?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 06:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Maybe so, but don't be fooled by the final score. The game was close until late, and 2 of those bad calls by the officials literally flip flopped the score.

I do think the Seahawks outplayed the Lions for the most part, but with fair and balanced officiating, who knows?

Yeah, i know. Watched the game and you are right that it was closer than the score insinuates.

Hate the favoritism myself, it is ruining the game. I don't understand why Goodell and the refs do what they do.

It would be so much more entertaining for the fans to see different teams in the Playoffs and the SB once in awhile.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:46 PM)Whacked Wrote: I will be completely fine with ANY team making it to the SB except for the Stoolers.  I can't stand them and they are poised to be very very good for years to come. Pricks.

Mikey to Marvin: My Son, remember do not allow our team to win a playoff game. it is not good for my personal bank account. I am counting on you to absorb the public criticism for me.

Marvin to Mikey: Well Dad, have I ever let you down anytime in the past 14 years?

Mikey to Marvin: Of course not, even when it looked like our team was about to win, you came through for me.
Marvin to Mikey: Does this mean I can stay here as long as I want?

Mikey to Marvin: Of course that was the deal we made when you agreed to look incompetent year after year while still getting the family business some good publicity/
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is likely. The problem for the Stoolers is they have to play the Chiefs in their place next week.

That isn't the Dolphins Defense. Hoping for a beatdown. Justin Houston and company beating the shit out of Pig Pen.

That would be awesome. I always relish watching rapists take a beating.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:22 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Same here. Got involved in joyful family time at the party. Came home and started a movie from Netflix.

I will probably watch next week when they play the Chiefs at KC.
I suppose if i had to choose it would be Chiefs vs. Falcons just for something different. 

(01-08-2017, 05:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I watched the Lions for my Wife's sake last night and now I'm done. It seemed the fix was in for the Seahawks with more terribly one-sided officiating. I'm sick of seeing NE, GB, Seattle, and Pitt get deep in the playoffs every year, and I'm sick of one-sided officiating when one team is "marquee" and the other is not. I won't be giving the NFL any help with ratings from here on.

Yup. Yawn  

Fans are catching on...outside of the darling teams of coarse.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 06:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i know. Watched the game and you are right that it was closer than the score insinuates.

Hate the favoritism myself, it is ruining the game. I don't understand why Goodell and the refs do what they do.

It would be so much more entertaining for the fans to see different teams in the Playoffs and the SB once in awhile.

$$$

Lots and lots of dirty $$$.

Also preferential treatment. You can't tell me these NFL refs didn't have favorite teams growing up. Odds are they grew up Steeler/Cowboy/Packer fans, so these teams automatically will receive better calls if the game is close towards the end (be it intentionally or subconsciously). 

The Seahawks seem to have reached the level of media darling and money maker since Wilson/Carroll arrived. We can reach that status too... Just need to shed that image of "cheap shotting thugs" who "can't stop getting arrested"... Sadly that image and culture won't change until Marvin is gone.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 11:13 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: $$$

Lots and lots of dirty $$$.

Also preferential treatment. You can't tell me these NFL refs didn't have favorite teams growing up. Odds are they grew up Steeler/Cowboy/Packer fans, so these teams automatically will receive better calls if the game is close towards the end (be it intentionally or subconsciously). 

The Seahawks seem to have reached the level of media darling and money maker since Wilson/Carroll arrived. We can reach that status too... Just need to shed that image of "cheap shotting thugs" who "can't stop getting arrested"... Sadly that image and culture won't change until Marvin is gone.

Do you really believe the image and culture lies on Marvin?  Him leaving changes nothing as far as image and culture unless Brown steps down.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 12:18 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Do you really believe the image and culture lies on Marvin?  Him leaving changes nothing as far as image and culture unless Brown steps down.

Marvin is a bigger problem than Mike right now. Mike hardly does anything anymore. This is Marvin's team. His players have no accountability. He schemes not to lose and often loses (especially when it counts). He essentially admitted he doesn't make halftime adjustments. He let Paul Alexander to roll Ogbeuhi out there when it clearly wasn't working. He back stabbed Paul Guenther who wanted to make changes over the BYE week (shocking, no? A coordinator wants to try and better his struggling defense? Not on Marv's watch  Whatever ).  He has an overall losers mentality that has been evident for years and is toxic to the entire team. 

The worst thing Mike is guilty of recently is not giving Marv his walking papers. Granted, that's a huge f***up on his part but as a whole, Marvin is now worse for the team.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 09:08 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Fans are catching on...outside of the darling teams of coarse.

Yes, and I haven't figured out yet whether it makes me feel better or worse that shitsburgh gets away with the same stuff playing everyone else that they get away with when they play Cincinnati.... I keep waiting for the day....and it will probably never come...that a prosecutor somewhere gathers enough film evidence ala the Lance McCallister holding vines over a span of games and files some kind of racketeering charges against the NFL..... force them to admit that they are really no better than the WWE....
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 12:46 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Marvin is a bigger problem than Mike right now. Mike hardly does anything anymore. This is Marvin's team. His players have no accountability. He schemes not to lose and often loses (especially when it counts). He essentially admitted he doesn't make halftime adjustments. He let Paul Alexander to roll Ogbeuhi out there when it clearly wasn't working. He back stabbed Paul Guenther who wanted to make changes over the BYE week (shocking, no? A coordinator wants to try and better his struggling defense? Not on Marv's watch  Whatever ).  He has an overall losers mentality that has been evident for years and is toxic to the entire team. 

The worst thing Mike is guilty of recently is not giving Marv his walking papers. Granted, that's a huge f***up on his part but as a whole, Marvin is now worse for the team.

You are naive to believe MB still does not have the final say so and doesn't have a hand in major decisions with this team.  The worst thing Mike is guilty of is holding on to Lewis?  That, in and of itself, makes him responsible for what decisions Lewis makes!!!

Coaches and have come and gone since 1991, players have come and gone, but the remaining constant has been MB and no accountability!  Slant it however you want, but until he steps down and there is a remodel in the franchise, things will stay the same!!
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 10:35 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: You are naive to believe MB still does not have the final say so and doesn't have a hand in major decisions with this team.  The worst thing Mike is guilty of is holding on to Lewis?  That, in and of itself, makes him responsible for what decisions Lewis makes!!!

Coaches and have come and gone since 1991, players have come and gone, but the remaining constant has been MB and no accountability!  Slant it however you want, but until he steps down and there is a remodel in the franchise, things will stay the same!!

I already said Mike keeping Marvin on staff is a huge blunder on his part. Mike has publicly said something along the lines of "this is Katie/Marvin's team now". I guess you can take that for what it's worth but I believe him. Mike's roll is diminished enough now that it's insignificant. It sounds like Paul Guenther is waiting in the wings to take over after next season. I guarantee if Marvin is gone while Mike is still alive or "in power", we will see much better results on gameday. The talent is there, the coaching is not. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 12:41 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I already said Mike keeping Marvin on staff is a huge blunder on his part. Mike has publicly said something along the lines of "this is Katie/Marvin's team now". I guess you can take that for what it's worth but I believe him. Mike's roll is diminished enough now that it's insignificant. It sounds like Paul Guenther is waiting in the wings to take over after next season. I guarantee if Marvin is gone while Mike is still alive or "in power", we will see much better results on gameday. The talent is there, the coaching is not. 

(See Mike Rice thread, either you believe this or not)

BTW someone posted a quote from Katie, where she said MB has delegated day to day but still overseas and intervenes when necessary.
Reply/Quote