Poll: Joe will do worse than the worst rated QB in the NFL
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sig Bet
(01-05-2020, 09:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Seems like a lot of work for someone who may not come here? 

Fair point. I'm willing to modify the keep my money where my mouth is:

I'll bet ANY QB that starts for the Bengals next year won't do worse than the worst and I'll even through in: regardless of supporting staff, because it seems to matter to some. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 09:22 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Just say you won't take the bet because there is no way they will have the same line.

But I want to take the bet.  I am just seeing if Bfine32 is willing to own his convictions that Burrow is better than Dalton.

He wants to rip Dalton, but he is afraid to take the bet if Burrow has to play with the same line and receivers.

Seems kind of gutless.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 08:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Taking on all comers. When Joe becomes our starter next year I betting he won't do worse than the worst rated starter in the NFL.

Put your money where your mouth is.

LOL

What a weak offer?

No criteria to determine worst? No number of passes attempted?

Weak is weak Bfine, you are better than this.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 09:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But I want to take the bet.  I am just seeing if Bfine32 is willing to own his convictions that Burrow is better than Dalton.

He wants to rip Dalton, but he is afraid to take the bet if Burrow has to play with the same line and receivers.

Seems kind of gutless.

Seems like a lot of folks are going gluten free these days..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 09:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: (and for all of you young guys with hot moms?  Don't go betting your mama's panties, as you'll jinx us and you'll lose every time)

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 09:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll bet ANY QB that starts for the Bengals next year won't do worse than the worst and I'll even through in: regardless of supporting staff, because it seems to matter to some. 

Okay then.  I'll take the bet if we have the same O-line and receivers. And if you admit that you worded the bet wrong since it is 100% impossible to finish worse than the worst.

Control sig for a month?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 09:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But I want to take the bet.  I am just seeing if Bfine32 is willing to own his convictions that Burrow is better than Dalton.

Seems kind of gutless.

I've already said regardless of what supporting staff they trot out to include the current. Not sure how I can make it better than that.

Are you going to step up or shut up?

Reply/Quote

Seems kind of gutless.

Yeah, but that would seem difficult since the odds of Burrow playing with the same exact o-line and receivers is zero.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 09:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: LOL

What a weak offer?

No criteria to determine worst? No number of passes attempted?

Weak is weak Bfine, you are better than this.

I've given the criteria. Passer rating ranking of those that qualify. Why would I cherry pick certain stats?

Are you stepping up?

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 09:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've already said regardless of what supporting staff they trot out to include the current. Not sure how I can make it better than that.

Just to make it clear "regardless of supporting staff" does not mean the same as "playing with the same O-line and receivers".

I'll take the bet if our starting QB plays with the same O-line and receivers that we had this year.

Deal?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 09:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, but that would seem difficult since the odds of Burrow playing with the same exact o-line and receivers is zero.

Think that was Fred's point.

On a separate note, odds of a Bengals 1st round pick plying a game is about 25% based on recent history so Bfine may lose by default to injury.  Smirk
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 09:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, but that would seem difficult since the odds of Burrow playing with the same exact o-line and receivers is zero.

That is why the bet is silly.  The Bengals will improve the players around the QB so obviously the QB will have better numbers than Dalton had this year.
Reply/Quote

Seems kind of gutless.

What is gutless is you not being able to commit to the question. Dalton finished dead last and Burrow won't. Agree or disagree? It's really not too hard of a question if you truly want to answer it but you don't want to admit to Dalton's futility in 2019. Dalton may return to 2015 form next year but that isn't the question. Again the question is do you think Burrow will finish next season as the worse QB in the league.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 09:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just to make it clear "regardless of supporting staff" does not mean the same as "playing with the same O-line and receivers".

I'll take the bet if our starting QB plays with the same O-line and receivers that we had this year.

Deal?

I get you're looking for an out trying to restrict the parameters. I've extended it to any supporting staff which very well could include the current staff. I don't know what moves the Bengals will do, they may improve, they may get worse; but I'm willing to step up without knowing the players before hand. 

So you have 2 options:

Yes I take the bet

No I don't take the bet

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 09:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is why the bet is silly.  The Bengals will improve the players around the QB so obviously the QB will have better numbers than Dalton had this year.

The bet mentioned nothing about numbers. 

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 09:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The bet mentioned nothing about numbers. 

Passer rating is not a number?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 09:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: On a separate note, odds of a Bengals 1st round pick plying a game is about 25% based on recent history so Bfine may lose by default to injury.  Smirk

[Image: giphy-4.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 09:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I get you're looking for an out trying to restrict the parameters. I've extended it to any supporting staff which very well could include the current staff. I don't know what moves the Bengals will do, they may improve, they may get worse; but I'm willing to step up without knowing the players before hand. 

So you have 2 options:

Yes I take the bet

No I don't take the bet

I know the Bengals will improve the talent level around the QB so I am not taking the bet.

It has nothing to do with Burrow being better or worse than Dalton.  I figure no matter who we have playing QB next year he will have a higher rating than Dalton did this year, but that does not prove that the QB is actually an upgrade over Dalton.

You act like you are proposing a bet regarding the claims that Burrow would not be an upgrade over Dalton, but the bet does not address that at all.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 09:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Passer rating is not a number?

It is, but that's not what the bet was. 

I don't know how much more I can concede to make it more fair but I'll try (including things I've already conceded)

The Bengal starter next year will not do worse than the worst QB in passer rating and I'll concede this:

Regardless of supporting staff

Regardless who the QB is

Regardless of the record of our opponents

Hell, to show I own my conviction we can throw this in. Regardless of the rating that ranks our QB; I'm willing to subtract 20 points from it and still assert he will not do worse than the worst. 

I don't know what else I can concede.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 09:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know the Bengals will improve the talent level around the QB so I am not taking the bet.

How do you "know"; did they improve the talent level around the QB from 2018 to 2019?

But I get you're not taking the bet. I don't blame you. 

Reply/Quote