Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigh-COVID again
(12-31-2021, 05:32 PM)Tony Wrote: Tinea have changes, since Bryant. This is about eaqual..

Yup. Salaries are waaay different now. Adjusted for inflation that number is about 36 million. So Traes is still higher, but at least Trae suited up a few times.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 05:29 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Bryant had a four year, $28 million contract. Wayne’s has a three-year, $42 million contract.

Based on percent of salary cap Bryant's $28 million is equal to about $41 million in 2021.  

I never have understood why fans consider injury prone players to be lazy scammers.  The guys who are driven hard enough to make it big in the NFL are usually the hardest workers.  There is almost no one that gets by on athletic ability alone in the NFL.

However Waynes and Bryant share an unusual set of circumstances.  Both were supposedly healthy when signed.  Waynes had only missed 6 games in his 5 NFL seasons playing at least 14 games every year.  Bryant had had some injury issues but the second half of the '09 season he was on the filed playing well (2 100-yd games). Waynes complained about the Bengals not giving him a physical for weeks after the deal was negotiated.  He said he was not able to push himself as hard as he needed because he ahd to avoid any training related injury.  Then he reports to camp, supposedly passes a physical, then suffers a season ending pectoral injury IN WALKTHROUGHS, before they were even in pads.  Bryant denied any new injury at all.  He blamed it on chronic injuries. But it is extremely rare for a player to go from playing well at the end of one season to never even step on a practice field again without some new injury.  

So while I usually chastise fans for denigrating the character of players based on injuries, I do understand that the unusual facts surrounding Waynes and Bryant leaves their desire to play open to conjecture. 
Reply/Quote
Waynes tore his pec in the weight room

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I thought they said no more testing unless they're symptomatic?
Reply/Quote
Remember, we got this far without him.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47iec6ytg0k88fzbalnd...y.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 07:31 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Remember, we got this far without him.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47iec6ytg0k88fzbalnd...y.gif&ct=g]

The conversation just transitioned to the Bengals paying a lot of money for a guy that doesn't play stemming from repeatedly being hurt.

I agree with you, we'll be okay as we've been okay without him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 04:29 PM)pally Wrote: to the COVID list

Trae Waynes- that guy is majorly snake bit since he got to Cincinnati

He finally caught something!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 06:09 PM)pdub2005 Wrote:  Yup. Salaries are waaay different now. Adjusted for inflation that number is about 36 million. So Traes is still higher, but at least Trae suited up a few times.

And was terrible. He allowed a 151.5 QB Rating. That's negative production, and negative production is worse than no production.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 11:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And was terrible. He allowed a 151.5 QB Rating. That's negative production, and negative production is worse than no production.

Their is a reason they chose to start Eli Apple over him.. He was never good.. Suppose to be a good tackler, that's why they signed him. He sucked at that too.. See ya!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 12:07 AM)Tony Wrote: Their is a reason they chose to start Eli Apple over him.. He was never good.. Suppose to be a good tackler, that's why they signed him. He sucked at that too.. See ya!

It's why I generally don't like the idea of taking guys from Mike Zimmer's defense. They're normally about as coached up as they get it under him, it seems, so bringing them to play under your DC is going to bring worse results.

Mackenzie Alexander was merely meh.
Trae Waynes has been terrible the little he's played.

Might be a small exception if they're truly great players, but average-to-above-average guys seem to be propped up by his scheme and coaching.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 11:41 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: He finally caught something!

lol

Yet hope he gets through it fine though

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 07:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I thought they said no more testing unless they're symptomatic?

they are still randomly testing but they were probably systematic

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Wayne’s came to my house when we were having Christmas dinner and asked if anyone had COVID. I said “no” so he went next door. Looked like a Girl Scout selling cookies. He even had on the green uniform too.

Reply/Quote
Free money Waynes is back yall
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 12:22 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Wayne’s came to my house when we were having Christmas dinner and asked if anyone had COVID. I said “no” so he went next door. Looked like a Girl Scout selling cookies. He even had on the green uniform too.

Did you like that?  Does Trae in drag wiggle your noodle?

Hilarious 
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 11:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And was terrible. He allowed a 151.5 QB Rating. That's negative production, and negative production is worse than no production.

Thats pretty fair. Allowing a damn near perfect QB rating is about as bad as it gets.
Reply/Quote